How Privileged Are You?

There is a tendency to forget the last letters, Borachio, I have no doubt that when equal marriage is given to all, transgendered people will be thrown under the bus.

There are members (as i've personally witnessed agaisnt me and friends) of the gay community who openly doubt, if not deny, the existence of bisexuality (strangely, i had a teacher tell me that bisexual men don't exist, they're either gay and in denial or just straight, yet bisexual women exist)

What I find interesting is one could so readily argue unfortunately that being Jewish is hardly a bonus. Perception is everything and I'd imagine some Jews reading this with jaws on the floor and a stunned WTF look on their faces

I am sure being Jewish is pretty significant if you live in Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Yemen, or places like that :mischief:

I am sure being Jewish is pretty significant if you live in Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Yemen, or places like that :mischief:

Or eastern europe

There is a tendency to forget the last letters, Borachio, I have no doubt that when equal marriage is given to all, transgendered people will be thrown under the bus.

There are members (as i've personally witnessed agaisnt me and friends) of the gay community who openly doubt, if not deny, the existence of bisexuality (strangely, i had a teacher tell me that bisexual men don't exist, they're either gay and in denial or just straight, yet bisexual women exist)
Yes. I realize. I posted a bit hastily, tbh.

This is always the way, unfortunately. Some minority gets some measure of equal rights, and then immediately denies equality to some further smaller subminority. It's highly ironic, to my way of thinking.

I see that being Jewish offers a +25 bonus, but I'm only partially ethnically Jewish and non-religious, does that count me as being Jewish (from the test's perspective that is)?

Not that it matters much but I would argue that in your case the 'proper' answer is non-religious since it's categorized under religion not race.

G

^^

Also annoying, I've been told that I'll always be a man and that I was a tool of the government by some radical lesbians

huh, i never knew that. i thought the LGBTs were united against the evil forces of exploitative capitalism and discrimination......

do they have a point? don't people usually settle on one sex by like 30?

I'm a little confused. I think we agree? I just find it interesting that being Jewish grants a stand alone top score. Considering the current climate for many Jews, especially in the places you mention and then considering recent and not so recent history, the scoring strikes me as odd.

Oh and by the way, with a name like Winner I'd be expecting 400 plus.

@Quackers......I can see them quickly uniting against the evil forces of, well, you.

^^

Also annoying, I've been told that I'll always be a man and that I was a tool of the government by some radical lesbians

I was shocked at the level of transphobia i've witnessed in the lgbt community, i thought they would have been the last people to engage in such bigotry

Just out of curiosity - how was Bowie seen/treated in the 70s in UK/somewhere else? Gay, bi or just Bowie ?

G

^^ No. They're the natural first in bigotry. Though they'd deny it.

It's like immigrants. The last to arrive are the most fiercely opposed to any further immigration.

^ Bowie came in for a lot of criticism from the mainstream, iirc. But for the typical "hipster" he was just an artist. And highly regarded.

^^ No. They're the natural first in bigotry. Though they'd deny it.

It's like immigrants. The last to arrive are the most fiercely opposed to any further immigration.

^ Bowie came in for a lot of criticism from the mainstream, iirc. But for the typical "hipster" he was just an artist. And highly regarded.

What a crock(immigrants)...I'd like to see some evidence for this. You seem to have been popping the angry pills tonight Borachio? Whassup?

And I was always under the impression that Bowie's sexuality early in his career was more publicity stunt than anything else.

Well, I have no evidence apart from my own observation. And it's not that I'm against immigrants. Far from it. But when I meet someone who is obsessively against the free flow of human beings across borders, very often it turns out they haven't been long in a particular country themselves.

Of course, yet again I could be sorely mistaken. (I get tired of repeating this, sometimes.) And I am very often completely wrong.

I used to think Bowie's sexuality was just attention grabbing. But I've never been sure. Let's go ask him.

I see that being Jewish offers a +25 bonus, but I'm only partially ethnically Jewish and non-religious, does that count me as being Jewish (from the test's perspective that is)?
I am half Ashkenazi Jewish. Since the test asked about religion, not ethnicity, I didn't count myself as such. It's annoying that some people in America constantly mix Jewish religion and Jewish ethnicities.

Can I just say, this is a really, really awful way of looking at privilege... Absolutely not the way we should be discussing it, and a really great way of pissing a lot of people off for no real benefit.
I'm pretty sure that this test is satire.

Why is the Middle East worse off than Africa?
Probably the author's impressions of anti-war and anti-Zionist positions (the latter also explains the privileged Jews).

Top Bottom