How Privileged Are You?

I heard that being a WASP is like the easiest dumbest level on a video game.

Where's the challenge in that?

If you live in a country where +99% of people are white, and being non-white is actually a kind of an advantage since it makes you interesting (especially being black is a plus), you find out the US racial/religious standards are totally non-applicable.

Haha, the country of origin section is funny.

But yes. It is, sadly. Strictly speaking. (Or not. I can't make up my mind. But you get my drift. Is a successful <anything> a failure?)

Had to ask since suicide is one of those things which in terms of failure/success is very hard to define. I'm of the opinion that it depends so highly of circumstances that there's no absolute answer.

G

I was thinking more about what French or Polish people would think about it. Might be just me, but it seems as if it was deliberately phrased to poke fun at them.

Can I just say, this is a really, really awful way of looking at privilege... Absolutely not the way we should be discussing it, and a really great way of pissing a lot of people off for no real benefit.

You have a point. It is a bit of an abrasive method. But I think, if you can go with the flow, it's a very direct one - and might be informative.

+625

I took the liberty of adding 500 for having the company of most of you people :hatsoff:

While I praise this novel approach for it's general optimism I hope that this innovative technique will be limited to very specific use and not to be adopted in general elections for example.

G

I see that being Jewish offers a +25 bonus, but I'm only partially ethnically Jewish and non-religious, does that count me as being Jewish (from the test's perspective that is)?

From your mother's side, I think yes. From your father's probably not. What does your rabbi say? ;)

I see that being Jewish offers a +25 bonus, but I'm only partially ethnically Jewish and non-religious, does that count me as being Jewish (from the test's perspective that is)?

I'm amazed it took two pages for that to come up.

What I find interesting is one could so readily argue unfortunately that being Jewish is hardly a bonus. Perception is everything and I'd imagine some Jews reading this with jaws on the floor and a stunned WTF look on their faces

It is as far as being "successful" goes.

And this is where the whole notion of privilege falls apart.

As a bisexual, i can definitely tell you that being such is not a priviledge (especially since there are those in the LGBT community who don't even believe such a thing exists)

Hang on there. LGBT = Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender. No?

@ Windfish, only if you "succeed". But you get bonus points for completing the game, anyway.

Top Bottom