How would YOU design Israel in Civ 7 if allowed?(Made this because others are also)

Haha, I've seen this thread come up constantly over the years and it's as likely Israel is in Civ7 as it was likely in Civ2, Civ3, Civ4, Civ5 and Civ6.

Jerusalem may appear as a city state, and that's about it. If Civ7 implements neutral nations (city state mechanics but they can have more than one city) then maybe then.

Even those eventualities are unlikely. If they ever appear in a civ game it will be in a historically-theme scenario, probably something to do with ancient Rome.
You never know Israel just might pop up as a civilization someday. Who knows?

Trying to avoid at the maximum any political implication, first of all i would call the civilization The Hebrews, with the civilization ability focusing on settling on desert tiles and extra yields to resources like cattle and sheep to simulate a pastoral society, maybe a little faith bonus to desert tiles or extra prophet points to cities on desert to fill the obligatory religion theme.

For a leader, my candidate would be Deborah, with an ability who deal with governors in some gimmick way, inspired by the book of judges.

That approach avoids the big names who could cause problems( David and Solomon), centers around a different gameplay that didn't focus only on having a super religion, and didn't need Jerusalem as the capital either

Trying to avoid at the maximum any political implication, first of all i would call the civilization The Hebrews, with the civilization ability focusing on settling on desert tiles and extra yields to resources like cattle and sheep to simulate a pastoral society, maybe a little faith bonus to desert tiles or extra prophet points to cities on desert to fill the obligatory religion theme.

For a leader, my candidate would be Deborah, with an ability who deal with governors in some gimmick way, inspired by the book of judges.

That approach avoids the big names who could cause problems( David and Solomon), centers around a different gameplay that didn't focus only on having a super religion, and didn't need Jerusalem as the capital either
In my opinion, I think Herod would be more fun (calling the civ Judea), and making him a builder of monuments. However, the problem that he was historically a proxy, client, and/or vassal ruler of the Romans (and only became a ruler because of that fact) is the biggest crimp, there, in my opinion.

In my opinion, I think Herod would be more fun (calling the civ Judea), and making him a builder of monuments. However, the problem that he was historically a proxy, client, and/or vassal ruler of the Romans (and only became a ruler because of that fact) is the biggest crimp, there, in my opinion.
Herod I
LUA: Augusteum: May speed up wonder creation with Gold. Every Wonder comes with a malus of -2 Faith, -10 Loyalty, -2 Amenities, and -2 Culture. :lol:

More seriously, I think the best leader candidate for a civ called Judaea would be Salome Alexandra. Quite aside from being the only real female candidate to lead Israel (let's not talk about Athaliah :shifty: ), she was a powerful ruler who increased Judaea's economic standing and restored the Sanhedrin after the rather tumultuous reigns of her two husbands.

More seriously, I think the best leader candidate for a civ called Judaea would be Salome Alexandra. Quite aside from being the only real female candidate to lead Israel (let's not talk about Athaliah :shifty: ), she was a powerful ruler who increased Judaea's economic standing and restored the Sanhedrin after the rather tumultuous reigns of her two husbands.
You forgot about Golda Meir. Harr harr! :devil:

You forgot about Golda Meir. Harr harr! :devil:
Uncontroversial statement (unless made to a Zionist or American :mischief: ): the State of Israel is not the Kingdom of Israel. :p

Uncontroversial statement (unless made to a Zionist or American :mischief: ): the State of Israel is not the Kingdom of Israel. :p
I know, hence the, "harr harr," and the emoji. But, I don't think all Americans view that conflation, but I'll say no more on modern sharp U.S. political divides on foreign policy (like everything else).

I know, hence the, "harr harr," and the emoji. But, I don't think all Americans view that conflation, but I'll say no more on modern sharp U.S. political divides on foreign policy (like everything else).
Oh, I know, but the State of Israel exists because certain Americans had and have apocalyptic expectations about the restoration of Israel. Hypothetically I should fall into that category but don't, probably because I consider eschatology the least relevant or interesting branch of theology and regard the Book of Revelation with a healthy suspicion. :p

Oh, I know, but the State of Israel exists because certain Americans had and have apocalyptic expectations about the restoration of Israel. Hypothetically I should fall into that category but don't, probably because I consider eschatology the least relevant or interesting branch of theology and regard the Book of Revelation with a healthy suspicion. :p
And don't forget the aspects of the British Israel Movement integral to the Balfour Declaration.

It’s obviously hard to design a civ not knowing the mechanics in a new civ 7 game, but here are my overall thoughts:

An Israelite civ would have 2 priorities: Religion and Great people. The two biggest impacts that Israelites have had on world history is the development of the Abrahamic religions and the creation of the most influential text in the western canon. The other is the sheer amount of influential philosophers, scientists, businessmen, artists… everything, who are Jewish. At least 20% of all Nobel Laureates are Jewish, for example.

If there was some sort of immigration mechanic, an Israelite civ could be based around that.

Top Bottom