Hub - Always War PBEM

Eclipse did you ever get it?

I see everyone signed up on PBEM tracker - thank you! Next time I get my save I will update everything and launch us and start sending through the tracker.

That is weird, I thought I already sent it, but I couldn´t find anything in my Sent folder. Anyway I sent it again now. (Or actually for the first time, my memory seems to mess with me.)

Received my turn. 4000 BC is now in the past.

Getting the save loaded was an annoying holdup. It was invisible to the civ 4 client no matter where I placed the file on my computer. It seemed like an issue with the file so I checked the file extensions and noticed it was in all lower case unlike most of my saved games that read ".CivBeyondSwordSave". Renaming the file resolved my issue. I suspect skellora's email or computer might have renamed it.

Anyways we're moving ahead. We completed one cycle so Nighthawk has his second turn and will soon launch us on pbemtracker.

Alright everyone - I did my turn AND updated and launched the tracker! Filon should have received his save via the tracker. Filon, if you have any issues let me know. Now the game should be able to move fast... worst case, at least we know who is holding us up without asking :p

I have this turn and many others, I will play them ASAP but for now I have connection issue I will resolve or I'll toss this piece of $hit out a window!

Hey guys, I'm playing my pbem games with no modifications to civ 4 loaded to avoid complications. ( except I have blue marble textures installed, I prefer a more realistic look) But isn't it possible to play a civ 4 pbem game with a UI mode like bug without causing conflicts? While I play "Better BAT AI" in single player I was just wondering if some of my opponents might have some of the convenience of more up front information at their disposal. I don't consider these things necessary, in fact I disable half of the features (TMI! I prefer having to look for some info). As I said I was just curious.

Hey guys, I'm playing my pbem games with no modifications to civ 4 loaded to avoid complications. ( except I have blue marble textures installed, I prefer a more realistic look) But isn't it possible to play a civ 4 pbem game with a UI mode like bug without causing conflicts? While I play "Better BAT AI" in single player I was just wondering if some of my opponents might have some of the convenience of more up front information at their disposal. I don't consider these things necessary, in fact I disable half of the features (TMI! I prefer having to look for some info). As I said I was just curious.
If I understand you, it doesn't matter if you have this stuff installed or not, I have all kinds of mods, Art, enhabced AI etc loaded too.

When you load a game save it will "Call" what it needs at the loading screen, I'm pretty sure this is just a standard map without modifications. So if you have blue marble loaded prior to playing this or any other turn it will be "unloaded". Forcing this if possible would crash the game at the next player giving him the "Assets are locked" error or something like that.

Agreed with Eclipse - I have mods and different things loaded as well, but my PBEM games naturally load up the right version of things. I run BUG with single player (usually) however most of my vanilla BTS PBEM games load vanilla BTS without BUG. So for my PBEM games, I don't have the info at my fingertips like single player, unless its loaded into a modded game or something. At least with me, I have no extra info available without some work involved :p

I was just curious if a UI mod like BUG is compatible in a multiplayer pbem game if it was launched as standard BTS by default. I believe bug can be installed in two ways? As a mod or directly into the assets folder?

Anyways... GPS to Nighthawk419. Maybe we US east coasters should work together!

gps to Filon - cant work together in an always war game! :p

honestly I'd love to have BUG run on all my games, but i think i definitely installed it as a mod and at this point I dont care enough to bother with it on even the off-chance it screws something up. I'm not good enough with computers to figure it out. I'm not the type of player to sit here and figure out the mathematically best way to optimize everything 100%... I play by gut feeling ;)

Top Bottom