[GS] Hungary Discussion Thread

I am waiting for this for twenty years :)
(Yes, I am hungarian)
Looks like a cool civ too.

Did you know about Matthias before this? Is the general Hungarian culture aware of him otherwise, maybe as a folk hero as Firaxis says?

Did you know about Matthias before this? Is the general Hungarian culture aware of him otherwise, maybe as a folk hero as Firaxis says?
I’m not Hungarian, but IMO this is a good enough indication:

Spoiler :

Better than Kristina for Sweden, that’s for sure.

Moderator Action: a reminder everyone to please put big images in spoiler tags

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is an another piece from Gyula (Julius) Benczúr Matthias paint series from 19th century: Matthias defeats Holubar, the bohemian knight. I don't know why, but there are too many evil czech knights in Hungarian stories... :rolleyes::lol:

I think that in that story, Holubar was actually a German knight. But considering it's a folk story, one may never truly know

He is well known in a region I think. The next king after him was Vladislav from Jagiellonian Dynasty son of Polish and Lithuanian king Casmir IV. Yes there was a time when whole region was ruled by one dynasty. We all in Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Lithuania and Croatia share common history not only becouse we were behind Iron Courtin before 89. We were always a boarderland of the West. Perhaps thats why we like each other so much :).
Spoiler :

He is a historical figure, we learn the facts about him in school, and a national pride, induced in the anthem.
He is also a folk hero with many tales like:

(partial nudity :) )

Tales aside he has a very interesting story, (including his father Hunyadi János)

It worth reading the wiki article at least

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthias_Corvinus

Yeah, he's kind of a folk hero here in Hungary. I am almost 100% sure that if you would ask anyone in Hungary who they think our best king was, all of them would name Matthias. He is also remembered fondly for bringing the last golden age to Hungary before the tragedy of the battle of Mohács in 1526.

Hmm... It was just shown that Bologna CS will replace Stockholm... But what ability could Fez have then?

Bulk science? Like a set amount of science? Or science per turn?

In the livestream, Ed says that Hungary has a start bias for rivers and geothermal fissures. Between that and the UA, I get the feeling I will be moving my starting settler with them more often than normal in order to gain the best position for having maximum district discounts by not having tiles across the river from my city center occupied by fissures and strat/lux resources.

Did it seem weird to anyone that Fissures are such a prominent terrain piece now? It's like how there were suddenly Atolls everywhere in CivfiveLand

Did it seem weird to anyone that Fissures are such a prominent terrain piece now? It's like how there were suddenly Atolls everywhere in CivfiveLand

I suspect this is one of those gameplay>realism things. Especially when you hinge a unique on them like the Thermal Bath. The game is just much more enjoyable with a lot of these things around.

Top Bottom