[GS] Hungary Discussion Thread

Well we have no idea what "One Niter" really is though. Does one resource on the map make one niter, or 100?

they don't dug about that, at the last live stream. I think there were different values now for each strategic asset. One iron mine will not produce the same as another, for example, one has the capacity to produce 100 while another 150. What leads me to an issue, and I do not know if it has already been discussed about it, will the strategic resources be finite? so when you extract all the iron, the resource disappears or, only reaches the limit, and the production stops?

EDIT: or are they infinite and will they continue to produce iron for thousands of years?

I really like the IDEA of what they're trying to do here with Hungary, specifically regarding what it could mean for the CS general game

My main fear is this: Many, many games I've played in the last year, by the time I've explored enough ground to get to MEET the City States, most of them have already been attacked and taken over. What little is left are already swarmed with envoys.

So, if they haven't found a way to tone down CS aggression from other civs a little, I'm afraid playing hungary will either mean having very few CS to chose from, or having to go on a liberating spree.

That pretty much destroys any interesting peaceful play, imho...

anyways, we'll see... but I think the succes of this civ is very much related to tweaks needed in current AI behavior, which is never a good news...

My feeling is one resource produces one per turn or something similar.

I would think this would scale with game speed.

The industrialization tech has an icon that looks like burning coal. So I assume you don't have to do the x per turn, but can also harvest strategic resources for a one time benefit. If the balance is as off as with chopping vs. long term benefit, you would probably harvest a lot of the strategic resources.

The war on/war off Hungarian envoy machine.

So if I send out a few units to meet distant civs while cultivating Amani I wonder if I can create an envoy (and maybe gold) generation machine as well as harass distant civs well away from home. Let’s say it’s mid game and a civ has cultivated a nearby CS with ~6 ENVOYS~!!! I send 1 envoy with the Diplomatic League policy card (which turns it into 2 envoys). Then I plop a 4-promotion Amani down for another 2 envoys (Messenger promotion) making it a hard 4. Then Amani doubles that to 8. That’d be 2 more than the civ that was cultivating the CS. I immediately declare war and levy the military for another 2 envoys. That makes a hard 6 which doubles to 12. Immediately upgrade all the distant CS’s units and go after the civ I declared on. Carry on and demand a decent peace deal hopefully making back the gold it took to levy the CS. I think the enhanced entertainment district will synergize with this and allow for a longer sequence of warring with different civs before having to take a break.

Then send Amani to a new CS and repeat. This leaves me with 4 envoys for the price of 1! And the distant civ still only has 6 envoys there. Can I send Amani back for a 2nd engagement for another 2 envoys and more reparations in 10 turns?

EDIT: Now the civ has a choice. Take the CS out and lose the 6-envoys or do nothing and hope it doesn't happen again.

It seemed pretty clear from the description that each resource node contributes a set quantity of resources per turn to a civilization's stockpile. This was explicitly displayed in the Announcement Livestream build: at the end, Iron was listed as "9(+3)", indicating a stockpile of 9, and an income of 3 per turn. At 41:25 or so in the livestream, the player builds his first Iron mine, and the resource meter jumps to "3(+3)", indicating that the single Iron node provides 3 per turn. The stockpile then increases by 3 per turn for the next 3 turns until the end of the stream.

The build in the Hungary First Look doesn't include the per-turn income, but the numbers are quite large, suggesting they still represent a stockpile. There's no way to know which build is more recent, but I would guess that the livestream build is newer (the First Looks being pre-recorded goodness-knows-when).

Last edited:
Nah. I want Black Army Army. Form an Army with Black Army units.
Given Hungary's Christmas colors, another possibility is "Making a Liszt, Checking It Twice": "As Hungary, recruit Franz Liszt and store both his great works in a single city." :p

Given Hungary's Christmas colors, another possibility is "Making a Liszt, Checking It Twice": "As Hungary, recruit Franz Liszt and store both his great works in a single city." :p

:lol::lol::lol:

You out do yourself Zaarin! Bravo :xmascheers:

Eh, it's hard to give a definite answer for that. Romani people have been living in Hungary since the 15th-16th century, so all those years of co-existing provided excellent opportunities for influencing each other. But one interesting thing that we know for sure is that since the 19th century, Romani musicians established themselves as the primary form of entertainment for events in Hungary, so almost all folk(ish) songs are performed by Romani musicians who surely add their touch to the songs.
I'm assuming that there's a measure of influence going both ways, as the Romani adopted a variety of European musical instruments that they didn't have access to in India/Pakistan, so it's possible they also adopted other aspects. One way to find out would be to compare the music of modern day Romani who still live near the Sindh river with the tribes who adapted to living in Europe.

Here is an another piece from Gyula (Julius) Benczúr Matthias paint series from 19th century: Matthias defeats Holubar, the bohemian knight. I don't know why, but there are too many evil czech knights in Hungarian stories... :rolleyes::lol:

Attachments

• Mátyás Holubar ellen.jpg
    Mátyás Holubar ellen.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 112
Top Bottom