I Fixed The Maf Error... Here Is How!!

Just BTS; it and LoR are all I'm playing nowadays.

Awesome. Now how do I let Windows do that?

It's 64 bit.

on a 64bit Vista the operating system should automatically allow 32bit programs that are large memory address aware (such as BtS) up to 3GB memory - so you do not need to change anything. The only thing you'd need to do would be to make the warlords or civ4 executables largeaddressaware if you need to solve a MAF error there.
In your case: BtS will use up to 3GB - if it still dies with a MAF error that is likely because the games exceed even that.

Good to know. Thanks a bunch. :cool:

Hmm, I have posted this elseware as I am not sure if it was this, but I think it is more and more likely.

I am getting random crashes occuring more frequent as time goes on. It is to the point diplo screens or wonder movies are a sure thing. Seems like the classic memory allocation error, though it just say "Civ 4 has stopped working" with little insight. Event viewer is saying it is my DirectX 9.0c drivers, but they are up to date. My computer is more than capable of handling this game.

Vista 64
Nvidia GT 275
4gb of RAM

I have tried the original post's suggestions. the >2g was already checked on BtS. Forcing it 3072 had no effect. Increasing page file, decreasing page file, and not having a page file yielded no results. All drivers are up to date along with the latest BtS patch.

I am at my wits end here. Running Rise of Mankind mod which I'd imagine had similar memory requirements as Visa. Visa ran beautifully on my XP 2gb computer. I think it is silly to think my computer isn't "beefy" enough to handle this.

please post your dxdiag results file - also please post the error message from the event viewer :)

Sure. Event is at the very bottom. Didn't find anything wrong myself.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    32.6 KB · Views: 155
did you update directx 9c manually at some point?

Nope, actually used the Direct X on the Civ CD. Tried updating after these issues, but didn't resolve it.

I am still thinking it is a MAF error. Shows the same symptons, but with Vista 64 bit, I am not sure what it could be.

Well, for some reason, Vista is taking up 1.8 gb of RAM. I disabled many of the "features" and it's under 1 gb now. Jeez, I know Vista was bloated but not this bloated.

just making sure you updated directx 9c and not directx 10 - the site would look like this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&DisplayLang=en

:hmm:
this is an access violation error - is the game installed with administrator rights?

I reinstalled with admininstration rights. It was able to go alittle further. I then added another 4 gb. Can go a couple of turns, then crashes. Here's my current log.

Direct X 9.0c is updated to latest level.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    31.9 KB · Views: 115
OK, i believe i have everything i can, but i still need some kind of ideas,

Here's what i have done, i uninstalled, reinstalled. Used CFF to change to 2gb in the exe.

Changed to 3GB: I have even lowered it to 2300 a few times no change?

Spoiler :
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINXP="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 3GB" /3GB /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn /Userva=2560

Got my ATI graphics to read only performance and not quality.

Set Civ4 to low see attached for info on that.

Got the ATI Tray Tools inplace and did that.

Used SmitfraudFix and did that.

I cant even get past the Industrial era when the Runtime errors occur with this before that error message::mad:

File: \main\Civilization4\SDKs\Gamebroyo2_0\corelibs\NiDX9Render\NiDX9UBManager.cpp, Line: 1019 or words to that effect??:(

I even have the latest DX9 drivers.

What else can i do????:blush:

EDIT: Plus i am only playing 11 civs on a 69X59 map??

Ok, this is an access violation error.

I checked my memory, it was fine.
I turned off DEP, still didn't fix it.
Reinstalled everything under admin mode, still didn't fix it.
Reinstalled graphics drivers, still didn't fix it.

I can't think of anything else I can do. I practically dynamited Vista's security "features" to get this to work. I am sure I am missing something. Any ideas?

@strategyonly: could you post that exact error message?

That was the error above, i think i just misspelled some of it is all. And the Runtime one is just the usual one you always get, no different from anyone else.

Top Bottom