I just realized this.

I'm resisting so many psychological urges right now. Permission to speak freely?

Merging into a shared forum involves the name changing from NES to NES and IOT, or something generic.

While merging into NES is merging it without any name change. IOT's are indicated by thread not forum in that case.

Oh. In chat case, there should be an eiither or poll option.

I'm resisting so many psychological urges right now. Permission to speak freely?
You may do so within the framework of the rules. :)

This would be far more of an 'if' than a 'when'.

Could one of you post a poll in the mod forum asking if other mods would support PC in the existing IOT forum? Give it about a week and if the idea is defeated in an overwhelming majority, we can start polling NES'ers and IOT'ers about combining. If most mods support it or don't care then it doesn't sound like there's much need to even consider a merge at that point, is there?

Or we could just merge. That seems to be the easier route.

@Joe. Their votes are added to whichever category is winning?

Could one of you post a poll in the mod forum asking if other mods would support PC in the existing IOT forum? Give it about a week and if the idea is defeated in an overwhelming majority, we can start polling NES'ers and IOT'ers about combining. If most mods support it or don't care then it doesn't sound like there's much need to even consider a merge at that point, is there?
Rather than have us take the initiative, I suggest that someone who is strongly in favor of adding pc to IOT send me a pm explaining why this should happen. I will post it in a discussion thread in staff. In it you should explain all the benefits and how they might offset any negatives. This will provide the basis for our discussion.

I did receive a pm making a case for merging NES and IOT. If someone wants to make a case for just adding pc to IOT or any other idea, please send me a pm. i will collect the pms for a few days and then open a thread in staff to discuss all the presented alternatives.

Top Bottom