I need a new NFL team to root for

No one has more fun losing than a bunch of Saints fans... Plus you'll be supporting New Orleans. Oh, and as an tOSU fan, you might find it fun to see your team win in the Superdome once or twice. ;)

PS Maybe the Saints will have another great season next year, who knows?

WHO DAT?

No one has more fun losing than a bunch of Saints fans... Plus you'll be supporting New Orleans. Oh, and as an tOSU fan, you might find it fun to see your team win in the Superdome once or twice. ;)

PS Maybe the Saints will have another great season next year, who knows?

WHO DAT?

Sure the Buckeyes lost their last trip to the Superdome, but they won the trip before that in the 99 Sugar Bowl. So yeah, we've seen our team win there.

But you forget the best argument: transitioning from WHO DEY! to WHO DAT!

So, in the offseason thread, I have renounced my fan ties to the Cincinnati Bengals, and have declared myself a fan free agent. I think you're allowed to do this if you've suffered at least a decade in NFL purgatory, which I certainly have.

The question is, who do I root for now? Here are my rules

1) No teams in the AFC North. To matter who I root for, I will hate Pittsburgh and Baltimore. Its in my genes...I just can't change it. Switching to Cleveland is too convenient.

2) No teams that are awesome right now. I don't want this to look like bandwagon jumping (many Ohioians have jumped on the Colts, for example). A playoff team is fine, but no NFL top-tier teams. I think this eliminates Indy, New England, NY Football Giants, Cowboys and the Chargers.

3) New team should have some likeable players, be fun to watch, maybe have some history, and most importantly, real hope that they aren't going to suck forever.

I am currently *leaning* towards Carolina, with Arizona, Jacksonville, Miami and Detroit also in the running. I can totally be convinced to something else though, if one can present a compelling argument.

Convince me. Why should I like your team?

I'm a Miami Dolphins fan.

Root for your team and don't look back.

Giants.

Ten char

And deal with the inevitable hangover from the Superbowl? Be seen as a total bandwagon jumper? Have to watch Eli Manning play in the regular season? Deal with some of the league's most annoying players?

Deal with some of the league's most annoying players?

Last time I checked Terrell Owens and Roy Williams were playing for the Dallas Cowboys...

Am I missing something here? ;)

Sure the Buckeyes lost their last trip to the Superdome, but they won the trip before that in the 99 Sugar Bowl. So yeah, we've seen our team win there.

But you forget the best argument: transitioning from WHO DEY! to WHO DAT!

Any difference?

Originally Posted by downtown
So, in the offseason thread, I have renounced my fan ties to the Cincinnati Bengals, and have declared myself a fan free agent. I think you're allowed to do this if you've suffered at least a decade in NFL purgatory, which I certainly have.

1) No teams in the AFC North. To matter who I root for, I will hate Pittsburgh and Baltimore. Its in my genes...I just can't change it. Switching to Cleveland is too convenient.

2) No teams that are awesome right now. I don't want this to look like bandwagon jumping (many Ohioians have jumped on the Colts, for example). A playoff team is fine, but no NFL top-tier teams. I think this eliminates Indy, New England, NY Football Giants, Cowboys and the Chargers.

3) New team should have some likeable players, be fun to watch, maybe have some history, and most importantly, real hope that they aren't going to suck forever.

I am currently *leaning* towards Carolina, with Arizona, Jacksonville, Miami and Detroit also in the running. I can totally be convinced to something else though, if one can present a compelling argument.

*playing steelers music in the background* Fine, we didn't want you ANYWAY!!! *continues dancing the polka*

Buffalo is the way to go! The Bills are turning it around.
They seem to have a competent GM now, and the offensive coordinator's name is Turk! Who couldn't root for a team with a guy named Turk!?:p
But seriously they seem to be turning it around. They have Trent Edwards:king:, as a rookie, he beat Losman's 3 years in every stat but Touchdowns, and he didn't even play all 16 games! Marshawn Lynch, second best RB rookie season on the Bills, and these two can only get better. Don't for get about Paul Posluszney (The Poz), he's the new Teddy Bruschi, the new superpowered LB, who can save schools of dolphins from hungry sharks bare-handed!!:eek::eek:, but seriously, he was on pace to be one of the better MLB's in the NFL before he got placed on IR from a broken arm:(. OL wasn't that bad last year, and they're fixing the DL. Weren't too exciting last year, but with the new off. coordinator, I think they will be exciting. They have one of the best special teams units in the NFL, and the Bills are the second best team in the AFC East, behind only the cheating Patriots:cringe:.
Don't forget about the fan that dresses like Elvis. Also, Buffalo is only a few hours away from Ohio, so you could go to a few games too.
Team Website
And while your here, enjoy some great homemade pizza in the many pizza places.:goodjob:
The Bills Are Going To The Playoffs!!!!!!

Ok, so my team is the Ravens... :p

Miami Dolphins. Gotta love underdogs. :)

Last time I checked Terrell Owens and Roy Williams were playing for the Dallas Cowboys...

Am I missing something here? ;)

If there is a higher power, you'll only be half right and 31 will be whiffing on tackles and blowing coverages for the Eagles next year :p

Owens is not that annoying anymore (for now). The most annoying thing attached to the Cowboys is the media's complete infatuation with ANYTHING happening around them.

The ONE good thing about the 5-11 years was that no one cared who the hell Quincy Carter or Clint Stoerner were dating.

If there is a higher power, you'll only be half right and 31 will be whiffing on tackles and blowing coverages for the Eagles next year :p

IMHO, that would indeed be addition by substraction... :lol:

Top Bottom