I need someone to fix my mod!

nzk13

Some Jew-boy on Noble.
King Solomon LH by The_Capo. I didn't make the David, Israel civ, maccabee, or bet cholim; but i don't know who did. All I did was
copy the Israel civ from Civ Gold 5.0 and try to add King Solomon to it. And I changed David's traits from Spiritual and (I think it was
Financial?) to Spiritual and Aggressive. It didn't work though, so I need someone to fix it. As of right now, it doesn't acknowledge
King Solomon as a Leader for the Israeli Civ. Please download the zip and fix my mod! It's for Bts 3.19.

Attachments

• King Solomon.zip
    8.8 MB · Views: 36
I once said the same thing (except with python). Always back up your mod. I'm sorry if it didn't work, but check everything. What are the problems? Have you checked CivilizationInfos to see weather you added Solomon to Israel?

And this is how I thank you for agreeing with me?

I did, Israel_CivilizationInfos.xml calls for solomon as well as david, same format. but dave works, sol doesn't. please run the mod so you can try to fix it, or at least tell me how.

Good job giving credit, see that wasn't so difficult was it? Sorry I was a dick about it before, I get defensive for my fellow LH-makers. It's an easy thing to learn, but a difficult thing to master.

Anyway, most people in the modding area are pretty busy, so you need to be a bit more specific with what is happening (and maybe post some screenshots too). This is pretty simple stuff here, so if you just explained what you mean by didn't work that would be a good step in the right direction. Did you check the civilopedia? Does Solomon show up in the civilopedia? Is his name even on the list? Does he just not show up for Israel? What specifically is going wrong.

Tried it,but it doesn`t work.Seems as if the game doesn`t load the ArtDefine for Solomon(xml.Log),but I´m not able to find a reason for it.Tried also to give the peter_nonshader.nif to the mod(it was missing) but doesn`t work too...
Edit:Find the mistake:)
You have to rename the Solomon_ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml
to
Solomon_CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml

Thanks, I'll see if it works. If it works, will you download it?

Thanks, it worked perfectly. Where should I upload it, new civs?

I'm sure there's other isreal civs out there, but sure, if you think you did a good job upload it.

Can someone fix my mod? the ice rink graphics are by nitram15. I load it up, no error messages, but the 'Ice Rink' building is not shown in the civilopedia. Anybody care to help? I'm attaching a zip of my mod so you can open it to tell me what i'm doing wrong. Thanks!

P.S.

I uploaded my King Solomon thing into Civ4 Downloads/New Civilizations

Attachments

• All of my mods.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 29
You should take a closer look at what you're doing ;).

It's a module, but you forgot to enable modular loading in the .ini.
You've messed up the buildingInfos.xml, the 2 beginning lines are at the bottom.
2 of the files are saved as .txt not as .xml.
There are unnecessary lines in the artdefines.
The comma at the beginning of the nif is not necessary (and will probably cause something weird).
And all what you've left out in the xml files, like
PHP:
 <?xml version="1.0"?>
has to go in, you've even forgot some of the top level tags in the xml files.

That's what i can see here....without having civ here.

Top Bottom