I pledge to not buy Civ 6 until it is released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll probably do the same. I do not preorder games anymore, even from franchises I love. I spent too much money getting burnt for a game that's not as good as people anticipated. I'll just have to wait and see.

Moderator Action: You are responsible for everything you post, including what you quote. Quote removed due to Piracy discussion.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

nobody forces you to be entertained by their products. With things like trailers you can get a good feel what is worth spending money. Sometimes they are misleading, but I don't blame them for advertising. There is an incredible amount of garbage around, sure. But you don't have to watch/play it. It's entirely up to you.

Edit: Sorry for the quote.

Nobody forces you to be entertained by their products

Please name me another reason to purchase entertainment, but to be entertained. :lol:

What you're proposing is that the consumer is bearing up all the risk. It has to both pay and bear the consequence if the transaction is a failure. That sounds more like gambling than purchase. The seller bears no responsibility, even when straight out lying about the quality or entertainment value of the product.

At least Steam is offering a limited money back guarantee. :)

Please name me another reason to purchase entertainment, but to be entertained. :lol:

What you're proposing is that the consumer is bearing up all the risk. It has to both pay and bear the consequence if the transaction is a failure. That sounds more like gambling than purchase. The seller bears no responsibility, even when straight out lying about the quality or entertainment value of the product.

At least Steam is offering a limited money back guarantee. :)

Another reason is being interested how it is, for example. I do sometimes watch bad movies for that reason. Or just for being able to talk about it with others who like talking about it.
What I pointed at: nobody is forcing you to purchase this very entertainment. While there is a lot of garbage, there are always some jewels around. And they can be found. For example: recommendations form friends who know your taste. Or rewatching/replaying/rereading.
And the consumer is of course bearing the risk. But it's not like he has to buy something from this stock that particular seller has. He has unlimited options of what to do with his spare time and how to spend his spare money. In the days of the internet, it is even easier to avoid purchasing bad products, except you are lazy. You should be reliable for what you buy. Purchasing a bad product will help you learn, what to do better next time when you decide what to buy. It's that simple. (not that I like the economy how it is, but that is something different)

Well the risk of the seller is to not make a profit. Of its employees to lose their job. Of having trouble selling the next game etc. etc.
The gaming industry is extremely volatile for a reason. And there's no industry without buyers.

A higher risk taken than being annoyed at a not so great game if you ask me. Something you can actually easily research for in 2016. Pretty easy to know what you buy.

The level of entitlement in the last pages has reached a new level of stupidity.

I am definitely not pre-ordering Civ6. Just to get to play as the Aztecs earlier than others is not enough to convince me to pre-order. I'll wait to see what DLC civs will be added.

I pledge not to buy Civ 6 until about a week before release :). Or a bit earlier if the pre-release deal is going to expire a bit earlier.

Don't see any reason to pre-order way in advance, but I will probably pre-order.

Did anyone else keep their pledge? :cool:
I've been browsing some first impressions from different people. I just found Sulla's pre-release thoughts too.
Not in a rush to grab it at this stage but looks like it might do better than Civ5.

I think I missed this thread before but yeah I would have pledged not to pre-order and no, haven't bought the game yet. Going to be awhile yet.

Did anyone else keep their pledge? :cool:
I've been browsing some first impressions from different people. I just found Sulla's pre-release thoughts too.
Not in a rush to grab it at this stage but looks like it might do better than Civ5.

Yes no Pre-order and Not ordering anytime soon either.

JosEPh

People who pre-order and get disappointed kinda gets what they deserve. Kinda. IMO the game is a bad excuse for at pc game, it's like it was developed for a tablet. Still most of the players that purchase this turd are probably up in arms over how wonderful it is; but for the few that pre-ordered and were disappointed: Don't you think it's about time you took a hint from the gaming industry? Why do you keep riding the hypetrain then complaining about it crashing again and again? Don't preorder, but test the game before you make a decision to buy; play it at a friends house or something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom