If a civ leader was on the ballot...

If a general election were held today, I'd support...

• Abe Lincoln

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • Otto Von Bismark

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Hammurabi

• Queen Elizabeth I

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Xerxes

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Shaka Zulu

• Catherine the Great

• Mahatma Ghandi

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Hiawatha

• Joan of Arc

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Shogun Tokagawa

• Julius Caesar

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Alexander the Great

• Mao Zedong

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Cleopatra

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Montezuma

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Richard III

Duke of Gloucester
Did someone do this before?

Just killing time, wishing there was a "small war or a general election" to keep me busy. So, polling:

If a general election were held today in your country, which would you vote for and why?

I'm going in for Tokagawa, the unity candidate.

I admire Lincoln and Bismarck for their political acumen, and Alexander for his ambition. But if we were actually picking a leader for ourselves, Gandhi is the one under whose rule I'd most want to live.

Hammurabi leads with a plurality of one. Is it because he's the great lawmaker or something? Bizarre.

Finally a fun poll! :goodjob:

Think I might go for Hammurabi too,or Bismarck.And yes because Hammurabi is known as the lawmaker,and think a lot should be changed in this country.Bismarck also made a lot of reforms so I´d vote him for the same reason.

The question on who we´d vote today is bit sticky,would be a nice change having a leader who really acted in one´s country´s interest.So would vote most of them.Not like the evil ones which we have today,just earning their money from Mr&Mrs Taxpayer, and caring more about filling their own pockets instead of what is best for their country!! :mad:

...Sorry... :rolleyes:

When I look at the poll,I once again think that Mao really doesn´t fit to these great leaders.I´m mentioning this because some denied him being terrible in other threads.

:)

Mao did much more for his country than any other on that list - save Bismarck maybe.

The rest is just bad western propaganda and as such disposable.

And if we argue about the "greatness" of the leaders... well, definitely Mao is at the highest point along with Bismarck, Gandhi, Alexander and Hammurabhi

It's Mao Tse Tung. Where did you get zedong?

Zedong is the watchamacallitized spelling, as in Pieping became Peking became the whatchamacallitized "Beijing." Spelling reform, you know. If I'm not mistaken, Xianghai replaced Shanghai, although the latter is still in use because no one is accepting the change, etc.

Under that system, "Tse Tung" was changed to the more phonetic Zedong, which more closely matches the correct pronounciation. I had all that beaten into me in high school, since I grew up in B.C., a Canadian province on the pacific coast that at the time was deep in a "be sensitive to asia" kick in its cirriculum (not that there is anything wrong with that."

So, when I was banging out the names on the poll, it just didn't occur to me to write "Tse Tung," in much the same way a German would supposedly write "Deutschland" instead of Germany. In fact, I was suprised when I got Civ3 that they weren't using Zedong as well.

I voted for Hammurabi, because he's the oldest lawmaker, no matter how long ago this is still very important to have laws.

I would vote for Abe Lincon but I think his terms are already up so I don't think he could become a president again.

If Cleo looks better than in Civ3 :rolleyes: then it's a tough race for my vote between her and Otto :)

Originally posted by Kefka
I would vote for Abe Lincon but I think his terms are already up so I don't think he could become a president again.

The growing ranks of the "Lincoln, now more than ever!" campaign needn't worry about that. As I understand that amendment, previous presidents were grandfathered, weren't they?

I would vote for Catherine the great if she looked like Catherine Zeta Jones, who played her in the A&E movie of the week.

Hint Hint: this is a call to arms to those technicals types to make such a modpack happen.

NEWSFLASH

POLLS SET TO CLOSE SOON!

ABE LINCOLN PULLING UP IN LAST MINUTE SURGE!

All right, this is a cheap attempt to put this back on the most active, but the numbers are climbing and I set a thirty-day clock.

Fascinating distribution of support!

Tough choice. It came down to Catherine, Alexander and Hammurabi. Then I realized that the poll is to vote for a leader for my country and one of the requirements here in the US is that the pres must be a natural born citizen. That brought it down to Abe and Hiawatha so Abe won.

I was thinking of voting for Ghandi, but he he too much of a peacemonger for my tastes. He would probably just disband the entire military. Bismark was good as he helped unite Germany. Most of the other ones were too militaristic.

Ghandi is too much of a pacifist for me...

I'd love to be under Montezuma! How fun it'd be to have my heart ripped out and sacraficed to the gods!

Actually, I voted for Abe :cool:

Top Bottom