• No

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Only if it was run by Giant Radioactive Chango Overlords

Votes: 7 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elta

我不会把这种
If your state or province (prefecture etc etc) legaly and peacefully left the union of your country, would you stay in it?

Depends, although I honestly don't care. If Ohio leaves, then I keep living. If it were Wyoming though, that economy would be ruined.

Yes. Alberta actually has a (very small) seperatist party. Despite the varrying points of view on what would happen to Alberta should it leave, I wonder how it would actually do on it's own. It'll never leave though and i'm glad. I enjoy being Canadian.

No. I would destroy it.

Elta said:
If your state or province (prefecture etc etc) legaly and peacefully left the union of your country, would you stay in it?

That's a really tough question. Depends on the reason I guess.

Godwynn said:
That's a really tough question. Depends on the reason I guess.

That's a good point. For my province I just assumed it was for the same reasons they're always going on about. I guess my mind would change should it be for another reason.

Tycoon101 said:
No. I would destroy it.

you would destroy a state? :lol:

with what? your hands? a gun?

go ahead, try it.

Mr. Dictator said:
you would destroy a state? :lol:

with what? your hands? a gun?

go ahead, try it.

The United States Militia. Either you are with us, or you are against us. There is no grey area.

The US army would roll in to shatter the separatist army so id haul a** out!

Tycoon101 said:
The United States Militia. Either you are with us, or you are against us. There is no grey area.
Did you miss the legaly and peacfully part? (Congress aproves it)

I guess you guys missed the peacefully and legally part of the equation.

Well the UK is a union of sorts as is the EU. There are some members of english vassal states like wales, scotland and northern Ireland that actively campaign for succession from the UK and there are English people that capmpaign for succession from the EU. Were any of them to get there way would I leave?
hmmm...
Depends on the circumstances. If the situation vis a vis the economy, public services etc improved or stayed the same I would stay. If it got worse as a result I might consider moving elsewhere. 'Patriotism' would not influence me in the slightest.

Wouldnt that mean you had to change your citezenship? No thanks, Im happy as an American citizen.

Well, I'm in favour of my country (Scotland) leaving the Union... Also looks as if it may have a chance of happening in the next 5 years (the Nationalist party is looking set to win the next election and recently opinion polls have shown a majority in favour of separation). However, I think it might not. Time will tell... :)

Edit:

zenspiderz

Calling people vassal states like that is what makes me want to leave in the first place... You know that can be quite insulting?

I'd leave Quebec.

But Ontario... well, Ontario basically is Canada, so there'd be no particular reason to leave. :p

Field_Marshal said:
Wouldnt that mean you had to change your citezenship? No thanks, Im happy as an American citizen.
Not nessacarly (sp) you were born an american - whether or not you can hold dual citzenship is up to your state-coutry I suppose.

Elta said:
Did you miss the legaly and peacfully part? (Congress aproves it)

But I wouldn't. We are the UNITED States Of America. Not the Losely Tied Together States Of America. :p

Id still stay in America proper, Im American and not New Yorker. They will come crawling back to the union when Canada invades.:p

I remember a discussion of a few years ago, where I found it ridiculous that a state in a federacy is not allowed to leave.

Top Bottom