IGN Civ 6 stream live (ended)

I am really looking forward to this part of the game.

Still: The whole idea of a religious victory unsettles me. Not only do I see the problems concerning the gameplay you guys and gals mention. I've also always seen religion as an expression/part of culture, not a separate thing (perhaps its because I am not deeply religious). It is definitely justified to put religion into the game, but why didn't they just subsume it under culture gameplay mechanics. :confused:

Is gifting/selling cities still in? If religious victory requires 50% of a civ's cities, not population, to follow your religion, make some crummy tundra cities, convert and gift/sell.

I am really looking forward to this part of the game.

Still: The whole idea of a religious victory unsettles me. Not only do I see the problems concerning the gameplay you guys and gals mention. I've also always seen religion as an expression/part of culture, not a separate thing (perhaps its because I am not deeply religious). It is definitely justified to put religion into the game, but why didn't they just subsume it under culture gameplay mechanics. :confused:

The two aren't as intrinsically linked as you might image. Two empires can share the same religion but have radically different cultures. Likewise, two empires can follow different religions but maintain a very similar culture.

They are still related in certain ways though. Notice that, out of five research nodes that relate specifically to religion, four of them are part of the culture-based civics three.

Is gifting/selling cities still in? If religious victory requires 50% of a civ's cities, not population, to follow your religion, make some crummy tundra cities, convert and gift/sell.

:D a good strategy indeed :D

Just the following things could make it difficult:
> You would probably need quite a big amount of newly founded cities
> each new settler gets more expensive to produce
> it will take a little time to convert the cities, even if they are close to you
> the AI might notice that these tundra cities are of no real worth to it and just refuse such offers (or take them but raze them to the ground instantly)

Well, considering how empires brought religion with them and often imposed them by force on others. And organized religion can and has been used to control people. So, I can definitely see how religion could be a way to dominate and thus be a victory path. After all, all victories in civ are basically expressions of how you can dominate the whole planet.

I hope that there is in fact a State Religion mechanic in the game, I was kinda disappointed that it was absent in Civ 5.

It could give an increased boost to religious pressure emanating from your borders.

Top Bottom