[RD] I'm transitioning. If you've ever been confused about the T in LGBT, ask me anything

yeah, tramadol sucks, plenty of fluids, the good stuff can cause some constipation and you don’t want to be straining so much with all that bruising.

I found constipation worse than the pain so stopped using them.

Good luck Emzie hope recovery goes well.

I found constipation worse than the pain so stopped using them.

Good luck Emzie hope recovery goes well.
Constipation can be an issue, roughage and lactulose is what I would recommend.

Constipation isn't really an issue, they're giving meds for it. What is an issue is the stitches I have in until tomorrow. I'll spare everyone the details, but I call one of them the evil stitch.

@emzie at least you are not confined to your bed and can stand enough to take pictures. Have they got you walking yet?

I could stand up the evening of the surgery, and I've been walking about ever since. I have a lot of swelling, and a catheter still, so I'm not what I'd call mobile. I can walk up and down stairs, but it takes time. If I'm upright for more than 15-20 minutes I start to feel sick and get flushed. I'd guess it's 23 hours in bed right now.

Walking when you can for a bit will help get those internal systems working like they should. Catheters aren't fun, but you will survive a few weeks with one. :)

It comes out tomorrow!

Do you know much about your recovery time and restrictions yet?

Constipation isn't really an issue, they're giving meds for it. What is an issue is the stitches I have in until tomorrow. I'll spare everyone the details, but I call one of them the evil stitch.
When my daughter was born last year, she ripped my vagina apart from the inside on her way out. My OBGYN had to do emergency surgery to stop me from bleeding to death (I probably would have 'died in childbirth' back in the old days) and I ended up with 13 stitches in the absolute worst place possible. They were the kind that dissolve after so many weeks, but even sitting down or going to the bathroom for that first month was complete hell.

What I'm trying to say, is I feel your pain.

Top Bottom