[BTS] IMM & Deity lets play collection thread - Henrik

Henrik75

deity
Hi all, this is a collection thread of game saves for deity and immortal maps I am playing, and open for suggested saves/maps for which people would like to send to me to play.

Please send the worldbuilder save as I use modded civ 4, and your save might not work on my computer. (Go into world builder and save world, then upload the worldbuildersave file).

About me:
I started climbing to deity last year from noble and have recently gotten somewhat comfortable, and wanted to share my experiences and playthroughs in several different kinds of civ4 maps included specific challenges such as one city challenge, always war, isolation, random maps, pangaeas, time challenges, and earth scenario coming soon. My level of play is about 95% win rate on immortal and 60% on deity, if the map is cooked or seemingly unwinabble, i'd prefer to play it on IMM over deity. Toward the end of last year I started youtubing and commenting as I play my games for fun. My first 10 orso deity games on YT are probably pretty spoiled with rich starts since I was not very comfortable on it yet, but over time I have learned and improved and adapted to rougher starts and games. Big thanks to Lain and Absolute zero for inspiring me to also start uploading games and teaching me many things in my early days.

Since only just now I have decided to make a thread listing my games, not many of the previous ones will still be accessible. I will reply to this thread as I find old saves of games.

Gudielines for posting maps for me to play
  • No manually editted or purposely "cooked' maps
  • No obscenely large maps (for deity anyway - they're too tedious and long)
  • Check the land tiles by mousing over your own score; 1100 land tiles max prefered, includes all standard sized Fractal, Pangaea, Archipelago, and Continents types of maps. Inland sea is ok but there should be an extra AI or two, or just simpler a "small" sized inland sea map.
  • Post Worldbuilder save file because I use multiple mods (BUG, BULL, Blue Marble, multiplayer BUG).
  • If the map is extremely hard / brutal I probably wont be able to do it on deity, I ain't no Lain, just send the immortal save.

Last edited:
Inca One City Challenge IMM

Map Details
Spoiler :
Small Pangaea with 1 extra AI to restrict the rivals from becoming too large, island to the south west removed to enable conquest victory as a possibility. No edits to main continent

Attachments

• Huayna OCC IMM.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    156.5 KB · Views: 51
Would you consider setting some ground rules for map submissions?

For example, if someone submits a cooked or edited map, they must provide a brief description, in spoilers, of how it was edited, and a simple explanation for why it was cooked in this way. Ban trolls from wasting your time (playing) and others' time (watching).

Would you consider setting some ground rules for map submissions?

For example, if someone submits a cooked or edited map, they must provide a brief description, in spoilers, of how it was edited, and a simple explanation for why it was cooked in this way. Ban trolls from wasting your time (playing) and others' time (watching).

True i'll edit that in soon, saw Lain play a cooked map with flatland gold for the AIs lol

True i'll edit that in soon, saw Lain play a cooked map with flatland gold for the AIs lol
That map was complete hell. The AIs had an absurd amount of land too.
And the player had ocean crabs. :|

Iirc I barely managed to vassal Justinian when I tried to play that map (with map knowledge) only to have him break free when I demanded his source of iron.

Thanks for posting the games btw! I learned soo much from playing Lains maps side-by-side with watching them.
It's a whole different story just watching, but if you participate yourself too so much more nice insights stick.

Doing a shadow game of the Hannibal map.
I have also made worldbuilder saves for all difficulties from Nobles -> Deity, I highly recommend people who want to learn more about tackling isolation to start a shadow game of their own and compare their game with what they see @Henrik75 do in his game.
It's an awesome and easy way to learn alot and learn it fast!

Link to the shadow game, please route follow-up discussions there to help keep this thread neat! :D
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/lonely-hannibal-shadow-iso-game.672825/

Doing a shadow game of the Hannibal map.
I have also made worldbuilder saves for all difficulties from Nobles -> Deity, I highly recommend people who want to learn more about tackling isolation to start a shadow game of their own and compare their game with what they see @Henrik75 do in his game.
It's an awesome and easy way to learn alot and learn it fast!

Link to the shadow game, please route follow-up discussions there to help keep this thread neat! :D
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/lonely-hannibal-shadow-iso-game.672825/

Well played Krikav, just caught up on everything because I took a break for a while. Finished in a similar date and fashion to me, although
Spoiler :
I attacked the other end of the big continent first and chewed through pacal and willem.

Tried a previous game of your with Genghis Khan too, tried out no-tech-trading, got my ass handed to me twice even though I replayed the map though. :D

Hello Henrik,

If you haven't made any plan about what to play after your current Lincoln game, there is a map which may be interesting for you.

The leader is Tokugawa, Pangaea map, Immortal difficulty. Since it seems you haven't played as Toku in your LP series, a game with Toku would certainly add something new to your youtube channel.

More details about the map in the spoiler below:
Spoiler :

Settings:

And the starting place:

When recently I practised with some off-line games, I generated this map at Monarch. A challenging start for a weak leader (I would even say the worst leader). Since Henrik you mentioned that you're looking for hard Immortal maps, I changed the map to Immortal in WB and guess it may suit you.

No map edition, excepted changing the difficulty level from Monarch (as the map was initially rolled at Monarch) to Immortal in WB and giving AIs Immortal starting units and techs.

What's specific with this map:
Spoiler :

If "playing as Capac" is almost like playing at one difficulty level below, "playing as Toku" probably adds 0,5 difficulty level above because of his weak starting techs + crappy traits. The start is certainly very slow for Toku. Luckily the wet Corn makes the map more playable. Since it's Pangaea map, your neighbours won't be very far from you.

In term of diplomacy, the tech leaders or possibly run-away AIs are your neighbours, so the situation would be still under control if some AIs tech like crazy. Besides, a competent techer at the other side of Pangaea may be slowed down by the endless war with a warmonger due to border tensions + different peaceweight (you'll understand once you meet that warmonger's scout ;)).

What I did when I played this map at Monarch :hammer2::
Spoiler :

My first attempt for this map pathetically failed due to a series of bad luck + wrong decisions. SIP, tech Agri. On T2, jungle spawned on a food resource in my capital :(. Mining + BW almost took forever for Toku who starts with Fishing + TW. Wrong city placement delayed the early rush. My target went to early Masonry and BW, built walls and a bunch of units :sad:. I was beaten up brutally by my neighbour and also lost some nice city spots to others :cry:. Ragequitted :wallbash:.

In the second attempt, I settled my second city with an early strategy resource in the first ring. Rush a neighbour and captured some nice cities. Gave up Aesthetics and Taj Mahal, went straight for Machinery-Guilds-Gunpowder-Chemistry-Steel. Attack with Cannons --> domination. Big thanks to that warmonger, because during most of the game he was fighting with some fast techers and slowed them all down - he DoW twice on his northern neighbour, once on his western neighbour :crazyeye:.

Attached the WB save at Immortal. It would be interesting to see how you beat this map and there'll be surely a lot of things for viewers to learn :)

Edit: In the first WB save a river looks a little weird due to my attempt for restoring the initial T0 starting place. Problem solved in the updated WB save Toku_imm_fixed in this post and also at #26 . Sorry for any inconvenience my clumsiness may cause.

Attachments

• Toku_immortal.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    236.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Toku_imm_fixed.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    236.6 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
@konata_LS thanks for the post! I will get to it next, currently I am behind on uploads and have a deity willem game ready to post that's already finished, but I will start playing this one immediately when I have some time ^^

Early Mining + BW is a must, but since you start with wheel you can get to pottery fast after atleast. Myst/fishing or Myst/hunting is a worse starting combo.

@Henrik75
Henrik, I am enjoying your games.
I have some games for you.
This is a Wang Kon game I played last year actually on Emperor.

I believe the map is a Shuffle type, Standard size, Temperate climate. Medium sea level. No huts, no events, of course. 854 Land Tiles

Spoiler :

Civ4ScreenShot0111.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0109.JPG

Spoiler :

Note: This map is NOT cooked, however, I lost the T0 save, so I went through the file in Notepad and in WB and deleted everything and restored it to how (I think for AI and remember for Player) it was at T0. However, forest, etc can obviously not be restored, so I have been placing forests around. I do believe everything has been deleted (Improvements, etc) accordingly, but could have missed something. I don't think so though.
I also did some late changes now to forest and jungle, so Deity save and Immortal save have some differences there. Nothing major, and NO differences in player area.

NOTHING has been added or taken away in terms of resources.

I suggest Immortal. Deity at your own risk.

Attachments

• Wang Kon Game (Immortal).CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    371.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Wang Kon Game (Deity).CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    372.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
@Henrik75
Another game for you. I did this on Immortal and did pretty well. Still playing the game, but doing well. Could be fun on Deity, but could also be a bit brutal.
Leader is Boudica.

Spoiler MAP :

Civ4ScreenShot0107.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0108.JPG

I dare you to play on Deity :D

Attachments

• Boudica Game (Immortal).CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    234.1 KB · Views: 47
  • Boudica Game (Deity).CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    236 KB · Views: 47
Top Bottom