1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Immaculate NES Five: Blood From A Stone

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Immaculate, Aug 19, 2011.

1. ChiefDesigner

ChiefDesigner Sunset Emperor

TO: Head of State, Manchuria
    CC: Yanzhao, Hubei, Korean diplomatic representatives

The Republic of China urges the Manchu to open discussions with FEDCO to resolve this conflict. We are always available for discussions, via secure private message (PM) or otherwise.

2. Cannae

Cannae Philosophy of Poverty

To: Korea
    From Manchuria

We had no desire to go to war with your nation. None of our officers ordered an attack on Korea. But that said care to explain how the Korean Goverment knew of and was prepared to defend itself against an attack Manchuria didn't order? Our goverment is furious that Korea took such an underhanded tatic to stir up conflict with Manchuria. We propose a peace offer that restores the former pre-war borders with EP being paid to us for the damages caused in our territory.

3. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

From Mongolia,
    To Korea,

Certainly, to an outsider, there appears to be some nefarious manipulations at play here and it certainly does not appear that Manchuria has any will to war with Korea or its neighbors- if it had been, Manchuria would have done so much more successfully. It is therefore with some trepidation and no small amount of anxiety that the Mongolian Khan must stand by its friend, the governance of Manchuria, and ask that Korea sign a peace treaty with Manchuria to end the conflict immediately as well as make a full investigation regarding how such a conflict was initiated and if need be, prepare to pay reparations for damages inflicted.

4. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

From King Miroslaw Branicki of Poland
    to the Prussian Kaiser, the royal family, his council, and his most loyal knights

While I have not always agreed with every decision you have made and can only shake my head in disillusion at your allowing the Spiegel corporation to envenom your proud kingdom with these dreams of a ‘Fourth Reich’, I have, and continue to have a strong respect and even loyalty for both your person and your crown.

That said, divorce yourself and your kingdom from these corporate servants, raise the kingdom’s flag against the greed of corporate lies and march to Stuttgart not as a beggar but as a conqueror and I will march with you and once again call you ‘mein kaiser’.

But I write not only to share with you my affection, but to warn you. Men within your own order, even the grandest of your commanders, Heinrich Von Salza, Grandmaster of the Teutonic Order, plots against you and the kingdom, planning to bring you to ruin through treachery and deceit. I include (see below) the letter he has written to me in its entirety that you might know the depths of his treachery and respond appropriately. That you may know my answer, I refused his offer, telling him I would rule a kingdom of loving subjects here in Poland and not rebellious foreigners in Germany.

Kaiser of the Germans, be wary of your generals and of Von Salza in particular, he knows naught but the long dagger in the night.

Miroslaw Branicki,
    King of Poland for as long as the Fourth Reich reigns but a humble knight and servant to the Prussian Kaiser should the Prussian Kingdom return.

From King Miroslaw Branicki of Poland,
    to the Prussian Nobles throughout the land,

Be wary of the Teutonic Order and the Spiegal Corporation for they plan to force you to do battle with your brothers, to make noble fight with noble and to bring down the rightful king of the Prussian people.

Know that Heinrich Von Salza plans to place another upon the rightful throne of the Kaiser, to take by force what is rightfully the Kaisers.

Nobles of Prussia, when the Teutonic Order asks you to levy your serfs and arm them, to march upon your noble brothers in the east, think of whom you serve and where your loyalties lie. Think of your oaths. Think too of the future you would have for the Prussian kingdom.

Miroslaw Branicki,
    King of Poland for as long as the Fourth Reich reigns but a humble knight and servant to the Prussian Kaiser should the Prussian Kingdom return.

To the Sich Rada of the Zaporizhian Republic,

We know now that the Fourth Reich will march on Poland. Will you stand by us?

To Russian Board of Executives,

To the Frankish Princes,

To the Austrian King,

5. Adrogans

Adrogans Quiet Laughter...

From Korea
    To Manchuria, Mongolia

Korea only has one border. A border with a nation who has a history of warring with its neighbors. Could you explain where else Korea is supposed to fortify and have scouts and pickets to warn of us of just such an action?

6. Ekolite

Ekolite The Mighty Jungle

Dear ASEAN Union,

I find your overly aggressive tone of late to be utterly distasteful, and at odds with many of the basic realities of the Asian region. Although I dissaprove of Hubei's war of aggression in China, your own projection of power into China is something I find truly repugnant. You are diplomatically isolated, and universally distrusted by your neighbours and other regional powers, and your drawing further attention amd controversy I believe was a grievious mistake.

I may never know the true reasons behind the bizzare and unintentional landing of a regiment of Javanese infantry in your territory, maybe it was the work of foreign agents, or maybe it was one our own lesser Princes that gave the command. Or maybe, indeed, it was ASEAN infiltrators who sent word to my officers to disobey their previous orders and unlawfully land on the Malaysian Peninsula. After all, this cowardly tactic is one all too familiar in Asia today. However, what I know for sure is that I did not issue that fateful command and I will not appologise for it or abide by your outrageous and insulting demands.

I will not pay you any kind of compensation, and I most certainly will not help you infiltrate and destroy the innocent Muslim Malaysian communities, whom you call terrorists, but who I call freedom fighters campaiging against an prejudiced and oppressive occupying force.

I ask that you return the prisoners of war that were captured by your forces unharmed and without condition. Should you refuse I am prepared to take drastic action if need be to enforce this request.

The Pacific Islands

7. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

We will not be bullied by your invasion and viscous attacks both militarily and diplomatically. We'll be waiting for you with guns next time you come to visit.

If you refuse to provide us with compensation for the lives you killed in your ill-conceived invasion, we will not release your soldiers.

8. Ekolite

In which case, this is war.

9. ChiefDesigner

ChiefDesigner Sunset Emperor

The Republic of China urges calm between ASEAN and the Sultanates.

Surely there is some agreement that is acceptable to ASEAN? If this were a full invasion, it does not make sense that the Sultanates would invade with no air cover or naval support.

Taipei is more than willing to host talks, to prevent another senseless war in Asia.

10. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

From AU6
    to Jiangan (Republic of China),

The AU6 is more than willing to involve Taipei in negotiations to prevent war. At present we are most interested in the Sultanates taking responsibility for their invasion of sovereign AU6 territory and compensating the families who have lost loved ones to their attacks and to the attacks of the terrorists they sponsor.

11. Kyzarc Fotjage

Kyzarc Fotjage Rise Up

wow, Asia certainly turned into a blood bath when I wasn't looking. You should head over the America, we're all sitting around a campfire singing kumbaya

12. Adrogans

Adrogans Quiet Laughter...

OOC: Did you really think a balkanized Asia could possibly be peaceful? Besides peace everywhere would be boring. :p

13. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

We appreciate your concern and thank you for this warning. We will look into the matter at once.

-Council of Nobility.

You speak to us of loyalty? Oathbreaker lord, word such as that do not deserve to pour from your mouth.

What is your plan? To save the Prussian Kingdom by carving it in half? Does your right arm cut itself away from its body in order to survive the snake bite in the leg? You have tarnished the seal of the Government and the meaning of our loyalty to the Crown by your treachery to the Throne. You have then pissed upon the meaning of royalty by taking the undeserved title of a King. Then you claim OUR seat of government as yours and run off to our neighbors then you expect US to be lectured of loyalty and oaths? You want the Prussian Kingdoms free of "foreign devils," yet you seem intent on making yourself a protectorate of other nations?!

Let this be clear. I do not think that you are an evil man. You believe that what you do is an honorable and just thing to do against the so called 'corporate snakes' of Bavaria.

What you are doing here, however, is unacceptable. It is more than unacceptable. It is insane. It is treacherous. You expect us to be loyal to the Throne yet you rise in defiance against the Kaiser. You ask us not to betray our 'brothers,' but also to distrust them. You accuse the Teutonic Order of treachery, yet many of us here ARE part of the Teutonic Order. You accuse Von Salva of treachery, yet he is a man distinguished by his faith and loyalty to the Kaiser. Who are we to believe? A man who has served the Throne for many years, or you, who have taken half of our nation away from us and claimed our capital?

Do you expect us to be swayed by your insanity? To also rise up in defiance against our Kaiser?

NEIN, I say! We will not betray our loyalty to the Government. We will be there, next to the throne in our servitude. Whether or not there is the Spiegel Corporation does not matter at all. Our loyalty to the governant is clear, just as our loyalty and faith to the One Above is. We will weed this nation of treachery and be forged anew in blood, fire, and steel.

As keepers and guardians of our nation, it shall forever become our duty to cull this nation of treachery, beginning with ourselves and then with others.

We will create the Inquisitional Court! We are nobles, we do not need the Spiegel Corporation to help us keep order in our own nation. We do not need explicit orders from the Government in order to keep the peace in our homes. We will destroy all signs of treachery and ensure none of these things happen ever again. We will maintain order in this chaos.

And most of all, we shall preserve this nation. There is nothing that you can do that will change our mind from that, Traitor King.

The Inquisitorial Seal

-Count Reiner Soehlke

14. Lord of Elves

Lord of Elves Suede-Denim Secret Police

To: Warring Asian States

The Board of Directors believes the most equitable possible solution in terms of fairness and business sense is that Manchuria grants territorial reparations to those nations whose land it unfairly occupies, which should defuse all conflict resulting from the currently inequitable division of land within Manchuria and the outlying regions. We encourage all involved parties to end this conflict posthaste, as it disrupts the flow of trade in the Pacific, and otherwise impedes the goals of the shareholders. The Board would be glad to send representatives as mediators, should it prove necessary.

To: Poland

All peoples must be free, but the flow of wealth must be freer. We cannot, at this time, discern any gain to be made from direct intervention. The Board of Directors sends you its sympathies, and until the shareholders determine otherwise, we wish you a happy holocaust.

15. Darksaber1

Darksaber1 Secret Emperor

Hmm, isn't this

more appropriate:p

Also, if it wasn't for Androgans, we could of had four webcomic-icons in a row.

16. Ekolite

I am not responsible for the landing of troops on your shores and I will not allow you to use this opportunity to extract extravagent demands from the Pacific Islands. If you wish to present a more reasonable agreement then contact me privately.

17. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

From the ASEAN United Six,
    To the Pacific Island Sultans,

If the Pacific Island Sultanates is not responsible for the conduct of Pacific Island Sultanate troops, please, would you be so kind as to inform us who is? And our demands are not extravagant. Your forces invaded our territory, attacked our civilians and soldiers and damaged our infrastructure before their murderous rampage was mercifully cut short by our brave men and women in uniform. It is not extravagant to ask those responsible for the actions to provide compensation to the families who have lost sons and daughters, husbands and wives, fathers and mothers to your murderous invasion. It is not extravagant to pay compensation to the municipalities who's diesel generators you have destroyed or to those municipalities who's water towers you have toppled. No... it is not extravagant- it is just and fair.

You spoke not so long ago of a new future for our people, one of shared prosperity and trade. What has happened between then and now that you should raid our shores and threaten us with war? Have you gone mad?

18. Ekolite

Several times I have tried to reach out the hand of friendship to the ASEAN Union, and every time you have turned me away. Your hostile and frankly racist* tone has truly begun to grate and I have been insulted once too many times. I was prepared to give you some form of compensation but your demands were outrageous. I am not prepared to pay the price you demanded, and I will certainly do nothing to aid your persecution of muslim communities in South East Asia.

I would have liked to work side by side with ASEAN in order to create a peaceful and prosperous future for the region, but you forced me to look elsewhere for allies.

(*using the Pacific Island's differing ethnicity and religious views as grounds for hostility)

19. Terrance888

Terrance888 Discord Reigns

Bantu Ubuntu is ready to open shop onto the sunny savannas of Africa!

20. Lord of Elves

Lord of Elves Suede-Denim Secret Police

To: World
    CC: Polish Rebels

The Board of Directors, following great deliberations, has determined that it is in the best interest of the shareholders to make clear Russia's stance on the matter of Polish independence. The Board determines that the Polish rebels are in violation of the sovereignty of the Fourth Reich, and their undeclared war against the German people makes them outlaws within the international community. The Board frowns upon any and all interference by nations within the Polish affair, and considers the defeat of the Polish rebellion necessary to the service of the market, and the service of justice. If forced, the Board will take action to prevent any kind of foreign interference in favor of the Polish rebellion from effecting the righteous defeat of those criminals and traitors.

To: World

Furthermore, the Board considers the singular sovereignty of the Fourth Reich a matter of utmost importance to the shareholders and the market. The Board frowns upon any subversion of the Reich's sovereignty, internal or external, and will act to deter such illegal activities.

To: Manchuria, Korea, Chinese States

The Board continues to consider just and righteous peace a priority. We propose that peace talks be organized, and invite all involved parties to attend such a conference at Moscow, from which a treaty will be determined that will put this ugly business safely behind all of us.