Immaculate NES Five: Blood From A Stone

Nope- thats an oversight
will fix

EDIT: fixed (past tense)

ALSO, thanks for praise all y'all.

Immaculate, the map about the lack of Germania seems off :(

Other than that, excellent update :goodjob:

Why did I attack ASEAN? That was not in my orders..

Other then that good update :)

Yeah, you and I need to talk ekolite.

fixed map
Spoiler :

Revolutionaries’ Revolution

Spoiler :
Jonathan Kobiate stared with horror down into the Council room, were several people he couldn’t recognize were screaming at each other.

“You said you wanted to see government at work.” Katarina said with a small smile.

“But... how... how does anything get done?!”

“Oh, lots get done. For example, Miss Skye of the Green Commune of Kaagywa has just attempted to jump dramatically to her feet, only she got her skirt and shoelaces caught on her chair, so she dramatically face-planted indstead, Representative of Kabaka Mutebi IV of Buganda, Rabia Maiykwa, has just thrown a shoe at Bishop Tofrune of Axum, and Council Speaker T. Kibaki is quietly hitting himself with his notebook. Lots of things are being done.”

“But, this is how they run the country?” Jonathan said in a near whisper.

“Weellll... yes. However, I did hear rumour that Nairobi Representative Susan Kibaki is planning an important announcement, however.”

Jonathan switched a stare to Katarina for a long moment. He knew that while the Ukrainian may not look like much, she had developed potent ties with within the New Day Intelligence Division (as well as the whole “Assassin Nun” thing, which she had never explained to his satisfaction), and that they often seemed to know possibly more than they should.

He didn’t get a chance to ask about it, however, before his attention was drawn back to Council floor, where Mrs. Kibaki had had stood and was futilely shouting for silence. After a moment though, she stopped a strode around the table for some reason.

“Hmm,” Kat said with a puzzled look, “She seems to be heading for Col. Santiago. Wonder what-” her face lit up “cleaver woman!”

“What?” Jonathan asked.

“Just wait and see.” Kat responded with a rather wicked grin.

Jonathan looked back to see Mrs. Kibaki reach the Puerto Rican military representative and seem to grab at something on her belt, and just enough time for his own military training to launching him to his feet and start to shout as the handgun was raise and pointed to the ceiling.

There was a long moment of silence after the noise of the three blanks[1], with most of the councillors under their desks, the guards partway across the floor, and Col. Santiago looking like she was prepared to tackle Mrs. Kibaki at any moment. Jonathan also noticed that Kat was wearing a wide smile, and thought he heard her whisper “Clever woman” again, when Kibaki spoke.

“What the hell are we DOING!?” she shouted at the council, placing the gun on the desk, where Santiago swiftly grabbed it. “We are supposed to be leading our country into a better future, but instead be are squabbling worse than CHILDREN!” she stormed over to where the shoe thrown by Maiykwa had landed, and slammed it on the desk. “We are so torn apart, that about the only way to get anything done requires so late or long that we are too tired to fight! This has got to STOP!” she paused, seemed to calm, than continued more normally “I know it is not entirely our fault. Thirty-two years ago, the founders of this country wrote a constitution built of good-deeds, fairness and democracy. Unfortunately, that is about as useful as building a skyscraper out of sand. Because of the poorly-planned “good will” of our founders, nothing gets done, and I have no idea who a quarter of you are. We need to change this. If we want a “Brighter Future”, we need to start with reforms to this very council. As such, I propose the creation of a new Parliament, with fully elected member. Now,” she said as voices started to be raised “in my proposal you do not lose your jobs, that it why I propose a new Parliament. This council and it’s member will continue to exist, but in a more advisory role. Well, that’s my idea, take it or leave it.” With that, she turned and began to leave. “I need some air, and would like it if my cousin could have this at least under proper debate by time I get back.”

Once she had left, Council Speaker T. Kibaki looked over the quit council. “Well, you heard her. What are we doing?”

Amid the hubbub, Kat leaned over to Jonathan “See? Sometimes to get things started, you just need to threaten people with a gun.”

Jonathon really wasn’t certain if it was a joke or not.

[1] Col. Santiago is massively popular within both the Tanganyikan military and various American revolutionary groups, so her posting as military representative had little resistance. However, she also has a noticeable degree of not unfounded paranoia about assassination attempts and demained to be allowed the use of a firearm. Eventually, it was agreed she could keep a handgun loaded with blanks on her person, even in the Council Chamber, and spare magazines with less-lethal rounds.

Okay I'm sort of back...goddamn I'm poor, everything moves so slowly. Why are thermobaric weapons so expensive? Why do they require Cermets? Germans had prototypes in WW2 and even a mish mash of guerrilas can sort of build them.

They really represent slightly futuristic high-explosives in general. same for things like combat drugs. its just based on modern thermobaric weaponry.

Okay I'm sort of back...goddamn I'm poor, everything moves so slowly. Why are thermobaric weapons so expensive? Why do they require Cermets? Germans had prototypes in WW2 and even a mish mash of guerrilas can sort of build them.

What, something odd with it requiring more development then space-launch capabilities?

EDIT: Oh, ok, that explains it better.

They really represent slightly futuristic high-explosives in general. same for things like combat drugs. its just based on modern thermobaric weaponry.

I'm not sure how you would futurize (they tell me it is not a word) fuel, air and fire combined in an explosive package. Combat drugs I can understand, because there is some nifty stuff in development that you can't really make on the spot from a paperclip and a banana like MacGyver.

Unless you are thinking the Russian style FOAB, like a mini-nuke. But that uses nanoparticles of aluminum if I recall, not cermets.

Okay- cermets no longer required.

Yes.

I'm being a science dick again arent I? Not that I'm going to see that any time soon in the next 10 updates seeing that I am poor as I am Croatian.

From Korea
To FEDCO, Manchuria

Your disgusting attempt to raid Korea will be punished. To prevent further bloodshed we demand you cede us all land currently under Korean and Yanzhou control. If not we call upon FEDCO to aid us in this conflict.

DEADLINE IS MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 26th AT 4PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME

(if you don't know what 4pm EST is compared to where you are, just get them in before midnight on monday)

Some NPC Diplomacy

From the Carribea, Andean Commune,
To Colombia, Peru,

Congratulations on victory in Peru over the autocratic dictator who would enslave the people.

From the Carribea
To Colombia, Peru,

We must now return to domestic development and will not be funding the development of the Peruvian communist nation directly.

From the Andean Commune
To Colombia, Peru,

We will continue to stand by our Peruvian comrades and will be providing 4 divisions of infantry and 3 fighter squadrons to the protection of the Andean Commune.

Additionally, we will be transferring 2 of our fighter squadrons to Peruvian control that they might begin protecting their territory independently of Andean support in the future. We will contribute 2EP to the economic rebuilding of Peru this year but will not be doing so in the future.

From King of Poland
To the German Kaiser,

We do not want the conflict of ideologies that has developed between many of your nobles in the east and your own plans for the German people to evolve into a conflict of blood and treasure. Instead, we ask that you respect your nobles’ apprehension of the corporate serpent you have invited into our home and allow us to leave without bloodshed. We are brothers truly and we should not cross swords. However, should you force the issue, remember that many of your own nobles will no doubt have the same anxieties we have had and we will not hesitate to take advantage of that to turn your own house against you.

No, instead, let us be friends.

From King of Poland,
To the Russian Executive Board,

We ask that you recognize the Kingdom of Poland and enter into a pact of mutual protection with its people.

From King of Poland,
To the Sich Rada of the Zaporizhian Republic,

We ask that you recognize the Kingdom of Poland and enter into a pact of mutual protection with its people.

From the Austrian King
To the German Kaiser,

We await the tone of your diplomacy before we address the Polish ‘would-be’ king, but we encourage you to find a peaceful solution to this issue.

From The Most Holy See of the Papacy of the Mefetis,
To the World,

We ask that loyal Catholic nations send technical advisors to our lands to assist us in the development of advanced solar energy technology.

From the Republic of Makuata
To the World,

Let it be known that the ‘Bloody Eyes of Ramadan’ and the ‘great fires’ have passed and that the Harbor of Peace and its sisters are open again to commerce and trade.

From the Odisha Department of the Interior
To the World,

We seek assistance in developing molecular biology techniques we might apply to combat fallout and pollution or to treat a population sickened by radiation. Who can help us?

From Japan
To Manchuria,

Your governance and regime policies are remarkably similar to our own and we find that perhaps you might be the kindred spirit worthy of being graced with Yamato cooperation. Perhaps we could begin by beginning trade, once, of course, you shoo away these inferior races.

From Schzewan,
To the World,

We seek technical guidance in developing Thorium-based atomics.

From the New Qin Empire
To the Blue Suns Corporation,

We will accept peace at our original borders should you be willing to provide us with [1 energy per turn for five turns]

From the ASEAN United Six
To the Pacific Island Sultanates

Explain yourselves.

From the Australian Dominion
To the World,

We seek technical guidance in developing updated solar energy systems.

Top Bottom