1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Immaculate NES Five: Blood From A Stone

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Immaculate, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Shadowbound

Shadowbound Scourge of God

Signed, on behalf of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations

Kraichingrith Phudvinichaikul,
    Chairman of the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces

U Swe,
    Secretary-General of ASEAN

2. Amesjay

Amesjay Warlord

Hey,
    I'd like to play the Pacific Island Sultanates if its still open, also what is AU6?
    Thanks

3. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

The AU6 are the ASEAN united six, effectively a european union of the southeast asian states led from Bangkok.

Welcome to the NES. You are confirmed for the Pacific Island Sultanates. You should talk to Ekolite- he's your biggest closest friendly neighbor and to Shadowbound who you are currently at war with.

4. talonschild

talonschild Drive-By NESer

Southeast Asia.
    EDIT: Immac's keyboard-fu is stronger than mine.

5. Ophorian

Ophorian Holy Britannian Emperor

The signatory-states of Republic of Turkey and the Kritarchy of Egypt announce the formation of the League of Damascus, and hereby agree to:

The Treaty of Damascus
    1. Mutual non-aggression between the signatory-states.

2. A full military alliance in which both signatory-states may call each other to arms in both defensive and offensive wars.

3. Ongoing intelligence cooperation and information sharing.

4. A renewal period of 10 years, whereupon either signatory-state may honourably end the alliance.

Signed,
    the Egyptian Ambassador to Ankara,
    the President of the Republic of Turkey,
    the Catholicos of All Armenians

6. J.K. Stockholme

J.K. Stockholme Right Opposition

May Egypt and Turkey prosper together under the League.

Signed, the President of the Republic of Turkey

7. Shadowbound

To the Pacific Island Sultanes
    From the AU6

Your forces are militarily defeated and your ally has abandoned you. It is only a matter of time before your military is driven off the Malaysian Island. Further conflict will result in secession of outlying territories and the ultimate downfall of your government.

But we are not without mercy.

Any peace agreement requires the following articles;
    • The Pacific Island Sultanates will provide compensation, equal to at least 20 ep, over an eight year period.
    • The Pacific Island Sultanates will share knowledge of Molten Metal/Salt batteries with the AU6.
    • The AU6 will be given the exclusive right to collect tolls in the Malaysian Straits, and lowered tariffs within the Sultanates for our merchants.

8. Amesjay

Amesjay Warlord

OOC: Could someone just give me a summary of what caused the war/what has happened specifically in the war? I read the turn summaries but I'd rather someone just give me the exact details.
    Thanks

9. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

Effectively there has, in recent memory, been continual animosity between your nations- most of it based on the Pacific Island Sultanates championing of Malaysian muslims but also based on continued trade-based competition between your people. Indeed the Muslim rebels have claimed responsibility for a bomb attack upon a AU6 garrison in the Malaysian peninsula. The Sultanates are not formally supporting the rebels (at least publicly) but they have championed the cause of the muslim population within the AU6.

More recently (2103?), a small group of Pacific Island Sultanate forces assaulted the AU6 with, if memory serves, a destroyer for support but not much else. At the time the AU6 was involved in protecting the New Qin Empire from the Hubei in the north and an attack upon their coasts caused them to draw back therefrom. The Prince-Elect of the Sultanates (Bapak Pramana Santoso) had not ordered the assault, nor had his generals. The poorly supported forces were easily captured by the AU6. The AU6 demanded compensation for damages caused by the invasion (2EP I believe) and the sultanates, believing the AU6 to have been at least partially responsible for co-opting the Sultanate military and tricking them into attacking, refused. Similarly, the AU6, without compensation, did not release the captured prisoners. The situation escalated and war was formally declared early in 2104.

EDIT: correction- the Sultanates had a single fighter squadron involved also.

10. Kal'thzar

Kal'thzar Deity

Why not.

I think I can make a commitment.

11. ChiefDesigner

ChiefDesigner Sunset Emperor

Signed, on behalf of the Republic of China
    General Chen Dewei, interim president

12. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

Glad to see the CCU back in action!

13. ChiefDesigner

ChiefDesigner Sunset Emperor

Signed,
    General Chen Dewei, interim president of the Republic of China

14. Lord of Elves

Lord of Elves Suede-Denim Secret Police

Signed,
    Chief National Officer and President of the United Commonwealths, Anatoly Dzensk
    Chief Military Officer and Supreme Commander of the Army of the Shareholders, Vladimir Gekko

15. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

(since Cannae hasn't posted- despite my PMs, i'll play the Manchu as NPC for now. It would be best to find a real player though)

Manchuria does not recognize the Amur Compact

The state of Manchuria refutes the Amur Compact and deems it an illegal agreement on the basis that the Changchun Agreement merely allowed the Jiangnan government to govern northern Manchuria for the duration of hostilities between Manchuria and its neighbors and did not represent a defacto transfer of sovereignty.

Because of the attempted illegal transfer of said territories from Manchurin ownership and Jiangnan trust to an enemy of the Manchu (the Russians), Manchuria considers the Changchun agreement forfeit. All lands described by that agreement thereby return to the sovereignty and governance of the Manchurian government.

From Manchuria
    To Jiangnan

Thank you for your assistance over the last two years. Although we feel you have sold us out, we cannot help but hold out hope for continued good relations with the people who have bled and died at our side fighting the hated Russians.

From Manchuria
    To Russia

We believe you will find that the people you attempted genocide upon using biological weapons, poisoned with chemical weapons, bombed, shelled, strafed, and shot at, will not easily accept your governance. Come to the northern territories- try to claim the lands of the ‘Amur Compact’- you’ll die trying.

16. Amesjay

Amesjay Warlord

From Pacific Island Sultanates
    To Ummat Al-Mu’minin

Friends,
    We both have a mutual enemy in the AU6, therefore I come to you with a proposal.
    For your assistance in this conflict, be it in military or financial assistance, we would be willing to offer you:

1. Reduced tariffs on most (if not all) goods.
    2. Access to every port and guaranteed safety within our waters.
    3. Monetary compensation to be paid by AU6 should we win the conflict.

From Pacific Island Sultanates
    To AU6

There can be no peace if those are the terms that you demand.
    We would be willing to negotiate for a more balanced peace treaty but until such time, I am afraid there can only be more conflict.

17. Shadowbound

Give us what you consider to be "balanced", though keep in mind our own projections predict your collapse within four years at 60% probability in a continued conflict. We're willing to reduce the financial compensation and accept more limited trade concessions.

OOC: I would object on OOC grounds to Ekolite aiding his former nation in a war, despite IC ties between them, due to the great distance involved and the substantial criteria for a plausible casus belli that Immaculate has previously applied.

18. Ekolite

Ekolite The Mighty Jungle

Iran (Ummat Al-Mu’minin) acknowledges your request.

19. Amesjay

Amesjay Warlord

OOC: Just wanted to point out that in the 3rd update all the years say like 2114 or 2115. I think it was supposed to just be 2104 and 2105 right?

20. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

blame this:

EDIT: fixed