Immortal University Bullpen

Habitus

Emperor
Decided to start this thread for disscussion about the series itself and so i can link to all the games + keep track of what leaders I've used so far. I'll update the OP with a boilerplate for hosting games and making it abit neater "soon"

2nd Cycle

Immortal University 56 - Pacal II
Immortal University 57 - Suryavarman II
Immortal University 58 - Mansa Musa
Immortal University 59 - Mehmed II
Immortal University 60 - Pericles
Immortal University 61 - Asoka
Immortal University 62 - Hannibal
Immortal University 63 - Frederick
Immortal University 64 - Victoria
Immortal University 65 - Shaka
Immortal University 66 - Willem van Oranje
Immortal University 67 - Stalin
Immortal University 68 - Sitting Bull
Immortal University 69 - Kublai Khan
Immortal University 70 - Isabella
Immortal University 71 - Huayna Capac
Immortal University 72 - Roosevelt
Immortal University 73 - De Gaulle
Immortal University 74 - Ragnar
Immortal University 75 - Saladin
Immortal University 76 - Montezuma Hosted by Ric
Immortal University 77 - Charlemagne
Immortal University 78 - Mao Zedong
Immortal University 79 - Augustus Caesar
Immortal University 80 - Gandhi
Immortal University 81 - Joao II
Immortal University 82 - Cyrus
Immortal University 83 - Brennus
Immortal University 84 - Ramesses II
Immortal University 85 - Washington Coming 19th Oct
Immortal University 86 - Elizabeth Coming 2nd Nov
Immortal University 87 - Louis Coming 16th Nov
Immortal University 88 - Catherine Coming 30th Nov
Immortal University 89 - Sid Coming 14th Dec
Immortal University 90 - Hammurabi Coming in New Year
Immortal University 91 - Justinian I
Immortal University 92 - Qin
Immortal University 93 - Zara
Immortal University 94 - Bismarck
Immortal University 95 - Alexander
Immortal University 96 - Tokugawa
Immortal University 97 - Wang
Immortal University 98 - Gheghis
Immortal University 99 - Suleiman
Immortal University 100 - Darius
Immortal University 101 - Julius
Immortal University 102 - Gilgamesh
Immortal University 103 - Lincoln
Immortal University 104 - Boudica
Immortal University 105 - Hatshepsut
Immortal University 106 - Churchill
Immortal University 107 - Napoleon
Immortal University 108 - Peter

Spoiler Boilerplate :

Greetings, Immortals and would-be Immortals (and indeed any other players of any level), and welcome to the Immortal University.

Here is our Leader:

[Screenshot of Leader+UU+UB+Starting Techs]

Here's the opening scene:

[Screenshot of Start]

The following settings were used to create this map

[Screenshot of Settings]

And the Demographics for people to spot any info they can

[Screenshot of Demographics]

Before we start, here's the copy & paste bit where I get to pretend that I'm TMIT:

To play, just extract the WB save file into your worldbuilder saves directory, then play it. Use custom scenario if you want some extra settings to tickle your fancy. This series was designed for people learning immortal, so most people here will be at that level or trying to attain it, although deity players are welcome also. Hell, if you want to play this on NOBLE. The intention of this and any other game thread I post is to get better. Play whatever level you need in order to improve.

If you are aspiring IMM+, try to remember to add archery back to the barbs in WB. Every time you don't, a deity AI will kill a kitten, although there are a lot of kittens so it's not the end of the world if you prefer easymode barbs .

I do request people to list their difficulty and speed. In terms of updates, well nobody follows that anyway. Post in the manner you feel comfortable. Typical comparison dates are 1 AD, liberalism, and victory/defeat, as well as any major events. If in doubt, go with that.

We also have an initial Immortal/Normal autosave which is much more convenient since you can avoid all the worldbuilder shenanigans. It comes with my personal seal of approval (not least as my worldbuilder edits may contain hideous game-destroying errors that could cause your computer to explode ).

[Original Save + Worldbuilder Saves attached]

Updated links, and the Plan for the remaining Leaders for 2nd Cycle. Will link to the Monty game in a sec :)

Any more IU games coming in the future? Just curious, always enjoy a nice forum game... ;)

Thanks for making the list and thanks klono for bumping it! Not! Now I have to go play all these games! And here I was trying to stop playing civ. I'm a week away from a huge product launch for the company I started and I think I'm so nervous I just want to play civ and not work right now :)

My personal favorite was IU60. It was Pericles with a beautiful start against 3 teams of 2 ai. Very fun idea.

IU has never been owned by one host. If you want, you can post one yourself ;).

Thanks TMIT, I didn't realize that. I think I will give that a try sometime this week! ;)

Edit: I will get the next map up early this week. Now should I continue on with the on-going series. It seems IU 85 would be next, or maybe it was 86. I tried to search and didn't see 85. Tell me what you guys think Washington or Elizabeth? Also with that leader what map type? Just looking for a few ideas.

I've been around a long time and will play any leader lol. Ask someone else for that or just pick like I used to do ;). It seems Habitus had each leader planned out however, so I'd go with that unless you have a reason not to do so. Washington was definitely made (and the map was quite painful, just played it today) so I'd go with liz if you're following that list.

I will go with Liz then. Following Habitus list will make things easy. If anyone wants to give suggestions for a map type im open for it. I was maybe thinking Big & Small. :undecide:

B&S tends to be a bit imbalanced as to who gets the most land, but at this point anything should be fine ^_^. Even if it's an unfair disadvantage it can't be much worse than that junk IU 85 threw at us lol. That start was so bad it made me miss plainscow + forest!

I remember Dalamb putting a NC boreal map no one liked. I think that is more junky, amirite?

(More junky in terms of long term victory, otherwise, just use early food to get an empire fast and when military edge acquired --> chop chop chop)

I totally forgot about IU 85 because of the crappy land. Now that I looked at the thread, I remember playing into the start for about thirty minutes and decided not to waste my time!

I'll think about some other map types since you said B&S is unbalanced.

B&S just has some ridiculous potential. TBH, any map in this game can completely screw the balance of the game, giving someone 20% land or more (one and a half times the expected amount for them, and on rare occasions close to double).

Pangaea every time is boring, so just mix it up. We'll deal. Luck-screw is unfortunately part of the game.

Fractal ftw. All the others are predictable and thus a bit boring. Sure, it's not very balanced but I don't see why it matters much with this format. We all have to deal with the same difficulties.

Fractal has its own predictabilities, and is basically just a random mix of Pangaea or Continents with the occasional isolated start. Still, it has merit due to the variety of starts. I used to dislike it because it can create imbalanced positions, but honestly every single map script in the game can do that so it doesn't matter if one is only slightly more likely.

I was thinking about getting the next map ready for 12/11/12. (unless Habitus pokes his head in) Next on the list is Louis, which was actually just played in NC... http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=480074

I was thinking on just moving on to IU 88 Catherine, or maybe you guys would have a suggestion for a replacement? Also if everyone really wants to play Louis I wouldn't object. I just want to get your guys/girls opinions and go from there.

Top Bottom