Important Announcement About submissions:

Please check it again. I added a one-line check as I have seen players trying to submit the 4000 BC save, but I added one bracket too many. Sorry! :blush:

PS the submission count is now over 550 :D

AlanH said:
Please check it again. I added a one-line check as I have seen players trying to submit the 4000 BC save, but I added one bracket too many. Sorry! :blush:

PS the submission count is now over 550 :D

Oh, that's why it worked. ;)

Thanks AlanH! :goodjob:

Thanks for beta testing it for me Dave and Doc. It works now ;)

I don't have access to the download stats, so I've no idea how many times the start file was downloaded. Also, there were two different files due to the early problems with password protection.

With another 24 hours to the deadline we are close to 600 valid submissions now. Come on, guys, you can do it :D That number doesn't include the ones that have been excluded for various reasons, including use of version 1.52, so the total number of players already significantly exceeds 600.

The software that is now handling the submissions in real time has processed all the saves for me in batch mode, so it's had a fair work out. We haven't had to handle all 600 by hand, but I have been baby sitting it very closely.

The Civ IV HOF website has alot of *very* interesting comparison utilities for comparing submitted games. Including graphs, log comparison, etcetera. Does the GOTM website get the same possibilities? (after results are published ofcourse)

(notes that this would be very interesting, as all playing the same map, makes comparison even more interesting!)

Final note: Finally submitted my game. Hopes it helps for that 600 ;).

@Quantum7: As we use the same excellent utility software as HoF, kindly developed by Dianthus, yes, we'll try to provide some equivalent features for GOTM saves. I still have to work out the details, and it will no doubt be an evolving feature. With a large number of games all using the same starting save, we should get some particularly interesting statistical data, as well as offering timeline comparisons and so on for individual games.

Thanks to a late burst by you and other trusty last-minute-submitters, we have already passed 600 valid submissions, and are moving onward and upward :goodjob:.

Hi,

I have submitted my entry (just in time!).

However, I got a bit confused with the last turn thing and saved the game a go later than I was meant to (I won in 1890 but saved in 1894 rather than 1892). I thought you were meant to select "Carry on playing" and then save the next go. Sorry. Does this matter?

Thanks,

Boppy.

Have no fear. Banish confusion. The all-seeing software that disembowels your save and replay files has already determined that you actually won in 1890 AD.

Also, you were not that close to the deadline:

Submission Page at the time of this post said:
We are currently accepting submissions for C-IV GOTM 01 (1 day 15 hours)

Happy New Year :D

Thank GOD your using US time cause its the 1st Jan here in Australia already.Didn't think I was gonna make it.

Ok: I had wanted to submitt a zip file with screenshots showing presistant and game killing graphical glitchs which requires me to reload from the desktop. These manly occured during the the later part of the game much to my fustration at having to replay turns.

It almost as bad as the CIVIII game crashing bugs of ye-old.

(I blame my MX440
Stupid Computer stores all out of stock for 6800LEs and have to wait till they have them Grrrrrr)

Not US time ...

The deadline is midnight at the end of 1st January, and midnight is defined at the International Date Line so that no one can accuse us of hemispherism.:) That makes it about 12:00 noon on 2nd January GMT, and in eastern Oz you'll almost be into 3rd January before you run out of time.

So when does that mean that IVOTM2 will come out? Are you using IT there too?

I've gotten used to G/COTM games where they typically came out the night before (late night anyway). Being as this is New Year's I have a feeling most of the GOTM Staff won't be in the proper state to upload the save. :D

New Zealand is already well into the hangover recovery phase.

The standard has always been to post games a little after midnight local server time - that's roughly Mountain Standard Time as measured by Thunderfall's atomic kitchen clock.

The times you've see some come out earlier than that have been when I drew the short straw and published the games on behalf of Ainwood or Karasu or Renata. In those cases I have no intention of waking at 06:00 am GMT (that time of day doesn't exist on my timepieces), and I wouldn't dare to do it late. So I usually post them before I go to bed - any time between midnight GMT and 03:00 am GMT.

UPDATE
We are now running the automated submissions system for all GOTM 02 entries. The remarks in the first post still apply concerning your saves and replay files, but you no longer have to enter your scores and dates. These will be extracted painlessly and you will get a report on your submitted game result.

Needless to say, if there is any discrepency between the report and your own view of what you achieved, please contact a member of GOTM staff.

Okay, I just got my butt beat in GOTM-2 and completely wiped out. The is no final save. How do I submit?

Top Bottom