In Progress Now! Aztec!

I love all of these. I will use all the american LH's from civ3('cept Lincoln). I estimate the final civ count for the mod to be 23 - 25. There will be Spain, 3 or 4 north American, 3 or 4 Mayan and the rest neo-toltec looking. There will be at least one and maybe two or three female in the last category.
The map is looking more complete now and I have started to work on buildings. I've created the Great Temple and calendar Stone wonders. I'll u/load it all this week.

Ok. I'll be gone for a week on holiday but will return with new screenshots for the new version of the map which now posted above.
Thanks to Sword of Geddon for making that city set for me.

Hi all once again. I got back last night at 9pm and, in true civfanatic fashion, got straight back to work again. I've posted a new version of the map and screenies to go with it.
Observations;
1. It'll involve a lot of work but I think I need to move the whole valley of mexico southwest on the map. It's really too crowded and there's a big space there with hardly any cities. As a great modder once said, "To hell with geographical accuracy!"
2. I'm a bit unsure whether I should use the civs' various names for themselves, their cities, etc. or whether I should use Nahuatl Throughout. If any of you have a chance to look at the biq please tell me what you think.

I think I'll be ready for playtesting soon. I have most of the buildings done now and lots of units added. More will be needed but not before we have a playable version.
All that remains beforehand is the tech tree which I hope to start this week.

I need some graphix in the meantime in case anyone feels like a search. The first is something I could use as the wondersplash for the great library of Texcoco. Also I need something for the great aqueduct of Tenochtitlan.

To be honest, they doesn't have to be pictures of the actual things. I don't think any exist in any case. The problem I have is that every image I've found so far looks very european so something that 'looks' more mesoamerican would be nice. You see the problem?

Wow!

This was one of my all-time favourite books as well, not many seem to know of it but all those who do seem to love it. This mod is looking great.

that's an idea, Sword. I'll have a think about it.
@ Frekk. Thanks for the interest. It's actually far more progressed than the SS's show.
I've just started on the tech tree which will be a huge undertaking. Feel free to help/advise in any way you think.

Traianus said:
Feel free to help/advise in any way you think.

The only thing I can think of to add is maybe you could disallow settlement on desert tiles, and have the default barbarian setting high, so that there is always a problem with the Chichimec tribes. If you haven't done that already.

I was actually going to prevent most units from traversing desert at all. Chichimeca is a tribe but there will be plenty of northern barbs and i'll reduce the combat bonus against them.
A problem I have is how to represent the sneak attack by Motecuzoma on Texcoco after the funeral of Nezahualpili. Can a HN unit attack a locked ally? I don't think it can.

Top Bottom