Inaccessible Hero Units

Mayincatec

Chieftain
I seem to have run into an issue regarding my Hero units. They show up normally as grayed out images in the unit build screen until I gain all the requirements to construct them. Then they just disappear from the build list. I am playing on v37, granted, but the problem persisted on upgrading to v38. Also, the unlimited national units is activated, but I couldn't find find anybody who had run into that problem with the mod mod, or even the vanishing Hero Units issue at all. Any ideas?

I seem to have run into an issue regarding my Hero units. They show up normally as grayed out images in the unit build screen until I gain all the requirements to construct them. Then they just disappear from the build list. I am playing on v37, granted, but the problem persisted on upgrading to v38. Also, the unlimited national units is activated, but I couldn't find find anybody who had run into that problem with the mod mod, or even the vanishing Hero Units issue at all. Any ideas?
Unlimited national units will not influence hero access. They are global units. Did someone else train one? Probably not, since you should be the only owner of the culture. You aren't saying you trained one and expected to train more I hope? Only one can ever be trained in the game.

Nope. I haven't been able to train a single one, nor do I think any of the AI have trained any. One turn I don't meet the requirements and they are right there grayed out, and then when I take the next turn and gain whatever tech, resource, culture, etc. they need, they don't show up. They don't appear as trainable in the unit list, or even with grayed out untrainable icons. Like you said, I'm the only one with the culture anyway so the AI can't be nabbing them out from under me.

Alright, seems the problem was with some changes in the XML from another mod. A reinstall fixed the issue.

Alright, seems the problem was with some changes in the XML from another mod. A reinstall fixed the issue.
Awesome... that's wonderful news! Kills a whole major evaluation to be done before rerelease!

Top Bottom