Indiana to make unwedded pregnancy a crime...

CurtSibling said:
I fear for the future of the USA as a sane nation...

:(

Start fearing if this thing passes. I have a feeling that the thieves want to keep their jobs so I have a feeling this won't get past the commite and if that does happen it won't get passed into law.

BTW Italy has simliar laws.

It'll never pass. What's scary is that the people in this lunatic's district apparently agree with her ideas enough to have elected her in the first place.

Hasn't Florida just passed a law that you can open fire with a gun if you "feel" threatened without any attempt to escape? I think there's a thread about it at Apolyton. The US is a crazy place, and getting crazier.

*goes to look for thread*

Is state-sanctioned discrimination against people who haven't committed a crime really a positive value for America?

Hey now, it's a crime if they pass a law saying it is. ;)

Little Raven said:
Well, that'll certainly put Mary in her place.

This law will never pass, but if it does, it'll be repealed in a heartbeat because it violates 1st ammendment rights.

Zulu Elephant said:
Is state-sanctioned discrimination against people who haven't committed a crime really a positive value for America?
Would you let someone with no income, no job, and no education adopt a child? "Discrimination" is just another loaded word used to villify anyone that believes civilized society has limits.

Nanocyborgasm said:
This law will never pass, but if it does, it'll be repealed in a heartbeat because it violates 1st ammendment rights.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Violation?

rmsharpe said:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Violation?

Doesn't sound like it to me - they're just putting into law a requirement toward registering religious faith tied to identifying data.

Sound familiar?

If my understanding is correct, the last time this happened it led to the extermination of millions of people - extreme situation? You betcha :)

Wasn't the USA partially founded by escapees of religious persecution?

'the price of freedom is eternal vigilance'.

Nanocyborgasm said:

The 9th admedment is where you probaly could find it.

Nanocyborgasm said:

Yeah right.

It's really hard nowadays to a. keep a straight face when telling my European friends about the best products of conservative legislation and b. convince them that yes, it's true, from creationism to under God to illegal pregnancy.

slip79 said:
That is one scary peice of legislation for a supposedly "free" country.
Most definately aimed at gay people who wanna have babies.

That's impossible for them to do. It's like saying, "Two magnets with the north end facing each other can stick together". They can only adopt, which I don't really support either.

I think I'm the only one here who supports such legislation. ;)

Chieftess your not alone. I could support it with a change in the Religious part. Religion should not be known by the government but... I guess it is an legislation I could like.

Of course the way it is now I don't know whether to laugh till I cry or take a drive down there to start a revolt.

Zulu Elephant said:
Hasn't Florida just passed a law that you can open fire with a gun if you "feel" threatened without any attempt to escape? I think there's a thread about it at Apolyton. The US is a crazy place, and getting crazier.

*goes to look for thread*

Well, to clarify, you must feel that your life is in imminent danger; that your attacker has both the means and the intent to murder you right now. I'd note for you that folks that legally carry concealed firearms have as a group one of the lowest crime rates in the nation, so images of Florida turning into a shooting gallery are just propaganda put out by people that hate guns.

[/threadjack]

And, by the way, this Indiana law is absolutely hideous.

*shudder*

Top Bottom