Infinite City Sprawl 04 - The comeback of the deities

Checking in.

I'd say settle in place and see what we will get before deciding firmly on tech/build order, but I agree with fishing first.

I would make a partial warrior ( pun intended )

And what is r_rolo the warrior partial to? ;)

qwertz said:
the start looks really good IMO; 7 flood plains, 2 seafood, 3 hills and some forests for chopping.
we start with wheel & agri, I suggest something like fishing->mining->sailing->masonary->BW, (maybe archery somewhere in between)
worker(partially)->WB->worker(finish)->WB->warrior->lighthouse->warrior...->TGLH
I don't like mass FP-starts and I'm not sure Mehmed is such a strong choice... but clearly something different.

RE techs: I'm not sure about archery... I'll delay GLH by a considerable amount of turns. We need both hunting and archery for archers. I think I prefer trying to fogbust our land and let the barbs spawn near the other AIs. It just stifles early exploration; we'd need to move our scouting warrior back pretty soon. BTW wanna let me pop the huts again? :p :lol: And make a definite roster-order pls.

RE build order: Looking fine there, I think agree with qwertz

Someone settle in place and post a pic?

I think Qwertz or ZPV... would do best to start. I would like to be one of the last in line, since I will probably not have much time on my hands until the weekend :blush:.

Anyway, I misspelled last reply, I meant warrior first, excuses. I have edited it :p

ok here's the new SS and the save:

I see no problems with so many floodplains. they only give us 2:yuck:, easily made up by exp. trait and extra food is never a bad thing.
On the other hand we are really production poor and have only 2:food:1:hammers: and a 2:hammers:1:commerce: hammertiles to work. So I think we should definitelly go worker first, maybe even delay the WB untill the worker is finished. We can reserch both mining and fishing before the worker is out and those mines will really speed up the WBs and warriors we build.
I agree that archery will delay TGLH too much, so we can just cross our fingers and hope our warriors will be enough vs. the barbarians.

The roster is no way meant to be definitive and I don't really care about order. I have a plenty of time in the next weeks and I can play whanever you want. If anyone has any preferences tell so.

Attachments

• ICS-04 BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    29.5 KB · Views: 98
Fine with the roster as long as you remember to slot me in somewhere!!

Ralph

No problem Diamondeye - looking forward to it. Althhough I am away Friday Saturday so if Qwertz plays tomorrow I may need a swap.

:cheers:

Ralph

Hey! Don't forget me!

Qwertz (up)
ZPVCSPLFUIFDPEF (on deck)
Ralph Jackson
Mystyfly
Diamondeye
R_Rolo1
ssmage

Hey! Don't forget me!

Qwertz (up)
ZPVCSPLFUIFDPEF (on deck)
Ralph Jackson
Mystyfly
Diamondeye
R_Rolo1
ssmage

:blush: Sorry...! I am so used to six people as roster, I was rather sure I had everyone once Ralph was in. Okay;

Roster:
Qwertz up
ZPVCSPLFUIFDPEF on deck
Ralph Jackson
Mystyfly
Diamondeye
R_Rolo1
Ssmage​

... Can everyone agree that this will be our roster?

Yesss but we will now bombard you with swap and skip requests. :rotfl:

Only joking.

Ralph

ok, i've played 'till 1640BC; the construction date of TGLH. we didn't get 3 techs from the huts, but it still went quite well. i'll shall finish the report this evening

fine with me.

I'll have exams wednesday and thursday but can play anyway probabely. Also, from then on it's summer holidays :beer:

fine with me.

I'll have exams wednesday and thursday but can play anyway probabely. Also, from then on it's summer holidays :beer:

Heh. That is the exact smilie I combine with Summer holiday :p.

Had my exam today (went fine, not brilliantly, thanks for asking), but I have a test in english (piece of cake) wednesday. Thinking ahead, I am going to be absent a week around the start of July (like 28th-6th). You will have to do without me that week :lol:

Oh and how many turns are we playing from now on? 10 a set?

Diamondeye said:
Had my exam today (went fine, not brilliantly, thanks for asking), but I have a test in english (piece of cake) wednesday. Thinking ahead, I am going to be absent a week around the start of July (like 28th-6th). You will have to do without me that week
Nice! :goodjob:

I wish I had english exams but I get chemistry and german (loots of books to read...).

Oh and how many turns are we playing from now on? 10 a set?
I think so.

Ok, the report:

I've decided to build worker first and to finish it before building a WB. The reason for this is that the start is quite :hammers: poor and the best tile to work while building the WB would be a grassland forest, leading to a quite long build time. On the other hand we have plenty of food and the improved clams give only +1:food:and +1:commerce: compared to an unimproved floodplain and +1:commercs: compared to a farmed one.
After the worker has been built he went mining the hills first, than farming the FPs and finally chopping forests after we got BW.

After the worker Istanbul went with WB, WB, lighthouse, warrior, warrior, TGLH.

Our starting warrior went northwards and popped few gold huts, for a total of 129:gold:, and a scout. Our new scout than met our first rival...

hmmm, what about axe-rushing him ;)

...and got murdered by some barbarians few turns later

Next 700 years passed without much contact to the outside world and than suddenly a light blue colored scout comes from the east of the Istanbul...

REVANGE!!!
:ar15:

Venerable Bede thinks that we are the second wealthiest civilization of the world :confused:. No idea how this "wealth" is calculated, but if we are second best on Deity in 2000BC than it won't be something relevant.

Turn 53:
Louis demands our clams. Remember to cancel it at at the turn 63. (For those with the BUG mode, I've set a reminder)

My RNG gods didn't give us 3 free techs, but we popped gold in our capital:

:eek::eek::eek:

the overview of the known world:

Louis is somewhere on the peninsula NE from us,
Pascal is most likely somewhere directly E,
and there is a pink border in the NE corner of our map, which our scout discovered the turn before getting killed. My guess is a Chinese guy, but I'm not border-color-expert.

Note:
-Our techpath was fishing-mining-sailing. masonry-BW-hunting-archery-pottery(for the (cheap) granaries and to open up writing)
-I only built two extra warriors as more would delay TGLH and I haven't seen much barbarians yet
-our capital is over the :) and :health:-cap ATM, ready for :whipped:

My suggestions for the future:

With TGLH, gold in the capital and a possible silver city very close, we don't have to fear a economical crash in the near future. So I think we should switch to slavery ASAP and do the following build:
[LOOP]
settler :)whipped:)
archer (regrow the city)
[/LOOP]

I would settle our new cities mainly on the "inner" coast of our continent and spread them out as far as possible for now, just to secure enough land.

I would maybe consider building a galley to explore the map and look out for the other AIs.

That’s it for now, I hope I didn’t forget anything.:)

Attachments

• ICS-04 BC-1640.CivBeyondSwordSave
    107 KB · Views: 82
Top Bottom