1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Influx of New Info

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by TheMarshmallowBear, May 11, 2012.

1. anandus

anandus Errorist

This video has been in several threads already. Quite some info has been pulled off it :)

2. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

I can't recall seeing those naval promotions before. Nice icons!

3. anandus

anandus Errorist

Influx of New Info ;)
    The video is being talked about from here and further for all the info we pulled from the video :)

4. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

I'm not sure if someone has already looked at the changes to the Great General in the video, but they intrigue me. No Golden Age button, and the Citadel text is different:
    The first bit is just the change from 3 damage to adjacent units to 30 damage, but the following bit is (if I've got it right) saying that all tiles adjacent to the Citadel become part of your empire; just like Culture Bombing. And you get the same diplomatic penalty.

I wonder what this means for the Great Artist.

Edit: I see. :blush:

Moderator Action: This thread merged then; discussion can continue there.

5. Haig

Haig Deity

I like how in german language, chariot is "STREITWAGEN-BOGENSCHÜTZE".
    Very prussian!

The info about Citadel adding to the empire is very cool.

Also, it seems that Great People cant make golden ages anymore, thats a BIG change, to Persia for example.

6. Montov

Montov King

Chariot Archer. Or 'combat wagon - bow shooter' to translate it literally. :p

7. snipperrabbit!!

snipperrabbit!! Deity

I'm sure they ommited the dimension of the wheels in that name ! :lol:

8. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

This is why I was saying we need a thread that has all the videos in one place. There are too many posts of the same video. I never saw it before and decided to post it just in case. Is there an English version? Apparently not since all the little screenshots are in German. I'll tell you one thing the Germans know how to show you more interesting things when they play the demo.

9. GenjiKhan

GenjiKhan Emperor

Either it means that two Great People share the same ability or it means that the Great Artist no longer have Culture bombing . Maybe the "special ability" of a Great Artist is to start a Golden age,considering that the ability to start a Golden age is no longer possible to every GP .

10. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Deity

Maybe they just thought that the practise of constantly burning excess GGs (and likely by extension Great Admirals) was not right, given that you don't generate them in the same way as normal great people (by extension, this would also apply to the Prophets, given that they aren't made the same way either).