1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Info on Next Patch

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Rohili, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Ahriman

Ahriman Tyrant

Fix Maritime city states, increase unhappiness from # cities to nerf ICS, reduce the punitive food costs for decent size cities, nerf puppets, and improve tactical unit AI.

Everything else is a distant second.

2. Venger

Venger Give it a tumble, sport

I think it's great they are thinking of adding AI and diplomacy to the game... /snark

3. aimlessgun

aimlessgun Chieftain

But I think with how simplistic diplomacy is in Civ games you can't take the information the game gives you as the only thing going on. You have to roleplay, use your imagination a bit. Close borders could imply that there are incidents going on, and just because the game isn't telling you about them doesn't mean they aren't there (in the roleplay empire building fantasy you are creating :) )

4. Jediron

Jediron Chieftain

No, it's a CORE issue which CAN be fixed, i think with the help of UI changes. That's the whole story. You see, he have a point. Or do you know a shortcut to "view the global politics WHILE the offer is on the table" ?

The advisors are all over the place, EXCEPT when you need them most. That's a CORE problem, sir.

5. lietkynes

lietkynes Hello sword !

A core problem is a problem that is tied to the way the game is designed and therefore needs a re-thinking of the whole foundation to be fixed. Having a (already existent) screen displayed when you are in conversation with a leader is hardly a core issue, it's just a simple UI tweak.

6. lietkynes

lietkynes Hello sword !

Some more quotes from 2k Greg:

7. gunter

gunter Chieftain

:thumbsup:

I went over that, stating that , between lines of course , this can be fixed yes, like everything in the game can be fixed, but I was not sure at all that this and many other aspects would be fixed.

I am still convinced they do not want to introduce new features therefore for example the possibility to see the above mentioned screen when you need it most. Correct.

I would be back on this argument after the next patch, I will have to highlights to those guys if I was right or wrong on my esoteric visions ;) ...... or if they simply were dreaming about a bright future when it is clear ( at least to me ) that this will never happen.

Only time will judge who is right and who is wrong on this matter, bets have already been placed by all of us.

Stay tuned, time is passing by quickly :)

-

8. gunter

gunter Chieftain

Yes, everybody agrees here, it was obvious and implicit that I was arguing about Firaxians mind wideness to decide to fix it or not, not the UI simple tweak.

This is CORE ( Firaxis mind ) , the DNA, yes again.

And now if you want to merge yourselves again all together like jackals against me I drop the ball, I am only waiting for the next patch when Firaxians will miss again an ounce of brain giving naval and air units a proper alghorithm of movement management.

An example ? Already given, no need to detail it or to explain what's written between lines, this is my opinion, this is a forum, you have to live with people who have ideas different from the mass, I am sorry if some republicans here disagree.

-

9. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator

I think this goes against the streamlining, i'm against it :mad:.

:D

10. Jharii

Jharii Chieftain

Ah, I understand everything now.

11. bryanw1995

bryanw1995 Chieftain

wow, good argument. debate much?

12. bryanw1995

bryanw1995 Chieftain

don't settle cities in his direction. give him favorable trading terms. go for open borders/POC asap. hope to god that the doesn't mow down all the other civs in your area however b/c when that happens you'll be next regardless of how much you guys like each other. Only way to change this would be to reintroduce vassal states, and who wants to be some computer's b**** while the computer takes out all the other computer players?

13. bryanw1995

bryanw1995 Chieftain

you mean kind of like the way a human player would backstab you while your army was on the other continent? that's just good tactics. maybe the strategic ai is better than we thought.

14. lietkynes

lietkynes Hello sword !

It was a feature that was in previous Civ games, who were developed by... Firaxis ! It will be a feature also in this game as well, I have no idea what DNA you are talking about. The lead designer for Civ5 is the same guy of Civ4 BTS expansion.

Lol ?

15. Sonereal

Sonereal Call Me Ish Supporter

:lol::lol::lol:

The Firaxians....Axis of Fire?

I smell a cool mod idea there. Avatar meets WW2.

Umm....what?

16. gunter

gunter Chieftain

I sincerely hope that this thread will be read by Fire Axis, there too many good suggestions to take inspiration from that it would be a bad move to patch without listening to customers feedbacks.

17. Sonereal

18. gunter

gunter Chieftain

I :lol::lol::lol: at the fact that you consider naval and air units AI management good as they are.

19. Sonereal

It's adorable that I never said anything about naval or air units on this thread but you saw that I did.

20. gunter

gunter Chieftain

You should have contributed more I agree :lol::lol::lol: