Information Drought?

FYI Denmark covers Norway as well, which is why we have Norwegian Ski Infantry.

And that's fine, but Denmark didn't own Normandy. Some of the Normans may have originated in Denmark, but Normandy was never in liege to the rulers of Denmark.

I don't think so. It would be a lateral move to replace the Norwegian Ski Infantry with a Norman Motte & Bailey UI. Neither are closely associated with Denmark itself.

While true, we do have motte and baileys historically recorded in Denmark too. Certainly wouldn't be a stretch

Just to remind that Motte and Bailey improvements were constructed also to Denmark and also by Danes. They were not unique to Normans.

And that's fine, but Denmark didn't own Normandy. Some of the Normans may have originated in Denmark, but Normandy was never in liege to the rulers of Denmark.

The ruler of Denmark in Civ is Harald Bluetooth. During his reign Denmark owned large portion of Norway and most of the rest was the territory of his vassals.

The ruler of Denmark in Civ is Harald Bluetooth. During his reign Denmark owned large portion of Norway and most of the rest was the territory of his vassals.

I'm talking about Normandy with regards to the Motte & Bailey, not Norway.

And yes, the Normans were not the sole constructors of Motte & Baileys. However, it is an iconic association with the Normans more than any other group.

I wouldn't mind seeing a replacement for the NSI, but the Motte & Bailey wouldn't be it.

I hope they don't add the Motte and Bailey improvement to the Danes. Not even because of the accuracy you guys were discussing, but their UUs are awesome and match the UA perfectly.

I doubt they are adding it. So far we've seen only Chateu being a replacement for Foreign Legion, which was moved to a tenet. And the Theatre although gone, has simply been replaced by a Zoo (probably to avoid the confusion becuase a Theatre now makes more sense as a cultural buidling). But there's no good reason to remove the Ski Infantry at all.

If it's not a red herring, maybe it's a representation of fortifications in earlier eras?

I'm hoping for this. It'd be great if we had ancient palisades, medieval motte & bailey castles, Renaissance star fortresses, atomic era Maginot Line-style bunkers, etc.

The motte & bailey as a UI would be a waste. I'm not even really a big fan of the Ski Infantry unit, but it's much more flavorful and interesting than a super-fort improvement.

How many weeks after Gold Edition released did they announce BNW?

Since the Pre-Order is now available, it points even more strongly to the final civs announcement being next week.

I'm hoping for this. It'd be great if we had ancient palisades, medieval motte & bailey castles, Renaissance star fortresses, atomic era Maginot Line-style bunkers, etc.

The motte & bailey as a UI would be a waste. I'm not even really a big fan of the Ski Infantry unit, but it's much more flavorful and interesting than a super-fort improvement.

What if it was also moved a Social policy (like the Foreign Legions)... Honor needed some buffing. Perhaps a Fortification UI that all melee units can build.

From the looks of things on Twitter, Kate & crew will be at E3 after all, just not with a booth. So...announcement via Livestream? Cosplaying? Please?

She cosplayed as Elizabeth from Bioshock at PAX. Why not?

I wasn't laughing at the thought of Kate cosplaying, I was laughing at the thought of their using that to announce new civs. Though, why not indeed? They've given us shadows and silhouettes and puzzle pieces in the past. "Here's our costumes from E3! Can you guess what new leaders we're dressed as?"

("Путин?")

Also, I really, really hope Sacagawea is not actually in.

She might cosplay as a character from Air Patrol and not actually give us any civ hints! That said, I would be hugely surprised if another civ reveal isn't round the corner - in five weeks' time, you guys in the US will have been playing BNW a couple of days and I'll be anxiously waiting for the clock to turn to midnight and for it to become available over here in the UK ;).

C'mon guys been busy and expected to come back and see all kinds of new info and nothing :( sad face.

Although I suppose all we are likely going to get left until release is the last two, no?

Seeing as the last two are more than likely Venice and the Shoshone it's more or less a discussion what they're abilities will be. I'm confident they will be officially revealed next weak.

Top Bottom