Information Drought?

In reality they decided to cut the Shoshone and Venice after the leak and are currently quickly creating leaderscreens for the new two civs, which is why they delayed the reveal. :mischief:

It could very well be that the builds for the last two civs aren't finalized yet and they don't want to release them until they are for obvious reasons.

This is why my stickied thread has a large disclaimer next to the info on them

I really think that firaxis always have few civ sleeping, in order to be ready in front of unprevious opportunity or problem. this named strategy! but the fact we already know the last two civ is not a problem!!

so where could I find the official Firaxis confirmation please?

We still have something of an info drought, especially considering that the game is only a few weeks away. Why don't they release the main menu theme at least? And the cinematic 2 weeks later?

What I am absolutely MOST interested in at this point, is if there are some changes to the old civs. Judging from this forum over 90% of the people agree that India and Germany need a tweak/rework and still very many people say that about America and Arabia.

I wish they would just reveal this. Can't see a reason not to.

We still have something of an info drought, especially considering that the game is only a few weeks away. Why don't they release the main menu theme at least? And the cinematic 2 weeks later?

Why not just wait until you get the game before you see the opening cinematic. That's not "information," it's just part of the game experience. All that would do is prevent you from seeing it for the first time when you play the game.

There are good reasons to release information. Most important is to let you make an informed decision about whether to play. Second most important is to promote discussion and speculation. There's an added benefit of creating excitement about the game.

However, I don't see the point of giving every little thing early. If you do that, you might as well start asking for the game early too and complain that there's an information drought because you aren't getting it.

In reality they decided to cut the Shoshone and Venice after the leak and are currently quickly creating leaderscreens for the new two civs, which is why they delayed the reveal. :mischief:

I Think that will be Monaco and The Republic of Acre :lol:

At this point I just want it to be July 9th. I have read so much speculation along with real information that I need to have well of souls open to discuss anything or I won't know which was which. I'd love to see some screenshots or gameplay video but at this point it would be like seeing wrapped presents under a Christmas tree. I just want to rip it open and start playing it!:run::eekdance:

Things are starting to get a wee bit hostile. We need the V&S confirmation.

Things are starting to get a wee bit hostile. We need the V&S confirmation.

Confirmation would be great, cut down on the agro posts.
Working on the assumption they are in, if I'm wrong no biggie, c'est la morte.
My musings will switch to whoever the last two are.
JD

I hope this whole leak didn't spoil the reveal for the rest of the civ community that don't know of this forum. It seems by the schedule they were going on (plus Kate's QA blog) that something would have been revealed by now.

They know on Facebook. They know in Poland. I'm sure other forums are aware.

For whatever reason they didn't reveal them last week. I guess it was because E3 noise would have drowned out the buzz. Also, maybe the game magazines didn't want to do their any nonE3 game articles until after E3 because all their people were at the show.

Will they be revealed this week? I don't know. I thought we would see a hint today. Maybe tomorrow. If there are no hints tomorrow then I don't think it will be this week either.

My guess is that some more info will be trickled out to be divulged by commercial press gaming magazines and larger game sites, as a "reward" for past services. Any magazine releases expected before July 9th?

What I am absolutely MOST interested in at this point, is if there are some changes to the old civs. Judging from this forum over 90% of the people agree that India and Germany need a tweak/rework and still very many people say that about America and Arabia.

I wish they would just reveal this. Can't see a reason not to.

Amen!

If they're not revealing anything this week, I'd at least like to know when they plan on revealing something again.

This week, next week, or the week after. That's it.

In other words - some time between now and the day of release! :lol: That helps a lot! :p
No hints today, so I'm guessing no info this week... :sad: What is taking them so long? This is really weird...

Top Bottom