1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Interest in a 1862 RFC ModMod

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by altalt667, Jun 29, 2011.

1. BenZL43

BenZL43 Physician - still can't spell this correctly.

Since I'm guessing this mod will try to represent the spawning of Post-Colonial civilization...
    Well, then I think I'll choose 1800 than 1700..

We could have the Napoleonic War represented better also if we start earlier...

2. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

you should have greece in this mod. it will make t for the ottomans more difficult to have a european city and become there main rival.

3. Tyo

Tyo HANDS HIGH TO THE SOUND Moderator

Considering the Ottomans already have the Bulkans and Greece by now, I don't think that should be.

However, a respawn to more or less kick them out, I do agree to. It could also represent the Balkans in WWI.

4. christos200

well if this starts at 1862 then greece is indepedent. alsoin ww1 greece attacked to asia minor mainland. if this starts before 1800, greece could spaw at 1821 and fight the war of indepedence against hordes of ottomans. also you should add turkey under kemal. also if you want any help in history about greece in that era, i can help you.

5. christos200

also this mod should start with the Napoleonic War.

6. BenZL43

Rather than spawning Greek as whole new civs, I think it's better that,
    if the game starts in 1800,

coded in 1821, this ottoman cities revolted and became independent, with some independent units in land and sea, spawning around that time, and attacking Ottomans..

because, IMO, Modern Greece didn't really affect the world's history, unlike their super major role in antiquity...

Napoleonic war is indeed nice feature could be added here, that's also one of reasons why I suggest moving the date earlier to 1800s

7. christos200

bah, i think that greece should be a whole new civ because the ottomans will take over easily the balkans and also because its my country.

8. BenZL43

well, at 1862, or even 1800, Balkans (and Greece) were already became Eyalet of Rumelia, under the Ottomans, so I think there's no need to spawn Greece there, except if we starts at around early 14th or 15th century (end of Second Bulgarian Empire)...

But personally I also think we also need a power over the Balkans, probably Yugoslavia or any Slavic countries, because they represent the Balkan region better and they take more part in World War I (and II) more than Greece does..

I'm thinking if we add Greece as playable civs, what if they expand to Anatolia, or Roman territories, because their modern territories is only around 7 to 10 land tiles, and they off course need a place to put their army etc..

I understand about your patriotism to your beloved country, as I do to Indonesia :)
    But I was thinking if I asked to spawn Indonesia at 1945, and the game stops at around 2000, it'll be wasting the mod creator's time :)

No offense please..
    Peace ^^v

9. christos200

well, Yugoslavia may be a good option.

10. MrBanana

MrBanana Chieftain

I love this idea! :)

But, there are some issues:

First, a lot of the UHVs you suggest end before 1950, yet the game goes on a long time after.

Second, the cities in that scenario are grossly packed together. Maybe the map could be made bigger (if possible?).

Third, a lot of the European UHVs invovle conquering, and while iI like the idea, some of it is quite excessive. Why would Scandinvia have 2 Russian cities?

Now some ideas:

Russia should have two alternate sets of UHVs: 3 for the Tsardoms, and 3 for the USSR. The goals of both sort of differentiate. Italy should just have to conquer Ethiopia, not have four cities.

Canada should be born earlier then Australia, probably around 1919. UP would be similar to the US's UP, but it wouldn't add foreign culture (representing multiculturalism) The UHVs shouldn't involve score. Instead:

Export (trade away) x amount of wheat by 1929.

No foreign cities on British Isles by 1945 (Forces Canada to support UK in a WW2 situation)

Open borders with x civs in 1975. Represents Canadian diplomacy during the Pearson/Trudeau years.

Greece could very easily have gained territory in Anatolia (and kept it) had Ataturk not been brilliant.

11. McWinniage

McWinniage Disc Golf Prodigy

12. BenZL43

I almost agree with everything up there as well :)
    But just...

Canada could have a better UHV, I guess rather than make sure there's no foreign cities in British Isles, since...

-Any cities in British Isles that not Canadian will be counted as a foreign city, so do British cities there...
    -British Isles is super rarely controlled by any civs rather than Viking or Celts (at Early age) and France (at Medieval age).. never I've seen British Isles under control of any other Civs at Modern age...

And

Goal to Open Borders is really easy, since at that age, probably Liberalism already founded and spread to most cities, even Canada could already start with that Liberal secular thing that open borders is really easy, since they do not start at war with any civs either...

Just my thought ^^v

13. McWinniage

McWinniage Disc Golf Prodigy

Maybe one of the UHVs could be a 'what if'? Something along the lines of vassalizing America, or perhaps controlling northern America?

14. BenZL43

In my game as USA in 1862 Mod, few turns after I successfully repel the CSA,

There's message that England has place a new Civs to take care of their colony overseas, which turns to be the whole Canada.. sadly, it bugged..
    The data of the new Civs is :

Leader : Barbarian
    Leader portrait : Sid Meier with lamp behind him =_="
    Civ name : Confederacy of America

Nah, I'm thinking, rather than let English spawn Barbarian over there, and turn to Canada in 1919, I think this algorithm is better :

IF English want to spawn a overseas colony over Canadian territory before 1919, Canada will spawn, but IF and ONLY IF English didn't want to spawn anything over there (prefer the heavy maintenance), Canada is forced to spawn at 1919.

Since if spawned as a colony, Canada will spawn as English vassal, they'll automatically support English in WW2.

That way, we don't need to think about their UU UB UHV etc, just a minor contactable, AI only Civ representing Canadian, as British vassal and will therefore support her during WW2 :D

We could code that in 1919 the Vassal agreement broke down and Defensive Pact is signed, in case there's any Canadian nationalist complain that Canada is independent by 1919 :p

15. Cole98

Cole98 AKA CerebralPolicy

Canada would spawn 1870
    Also it would have a Defensive Pact as during world war one Parliament Debated on going to war

16. Osakasayama

Osakasayama In decline

I liked the 1862 scenario, and this project will be nice too!:D

Just a few :mischief: UHV proposals here...

France:
    UHV1 - Shouldn't that be 1871?

Boers:
    -I just don't think the UHVs have variety if it is all defensive...

Italy:
    - The "5 African cities outside Ethiopia" in UHV3 could be changed to the Western Balkans, like Albania, Yugo or Greece; Italy's main targets in WWII.
    -Besides, Italy only got useless desert "Colonies" like the Horn of Africa and Libya.

China:
    -I don't think UHV2 (and possibly 1) is relevant for China's goals.
    -The Chinese did fight with the French in Vietnam, but they never ventured far into India or even Indonesia. They were busy with their own mess of civil wars and Euros.

Japan:
    -In general, the UHVs are too concentrated in WWII IMO; and not about stuff before.
    -I suggest changing UHV1 into something related to the war with Qing, Russia, or WWI Germany, such as; controlling (or keeping Euros away from) Taiwan, Korea, Manchuria, or some Chinese Port cities.

-Culture or money UHVs could be an option, unless you think they are too tedious.

-The Chinese UHV2 should replace the Japanese UHV3, since we did manage to achieve that by the 50's, although we lost the war itself.

Possible civs to add:
    Israel, Arabia, Iraq, Peru, etc.... It all depends on the time frame.

Events:
    A civil war event or something should occur during certain civic changes, or at least a significant stability drop.
    -Russia, China, Spain, Iran, etc. could have a civil war event.

-Japan might have to spawn in 1868, or force the AI to change civics at some point, starting a civil war at around 1866. If you are REALLY picky, there could be barb Samurai spawns around 1874 to 77.

-China might be better historically, if they are cut into several civs (or just barb spawns during civic changes), since they did coexist for a quite a time.
    -For example, the Qing dynasty, the Beiyang Army, the Fengtian clique in Manchuria, the Republic/Nationalists, and the Commies.

Sorry for this looong post, and good luck with modding!

17. alpav

alpav Chieftain

Yugoslavia is a good choice for the balkans but most of the Balkan countries did not just "revolt". They were released diplomatically during the Treaty of Berlin in 1878. Obviously before that there were uprisings but they were not successful.

18. Cetrix

Cetrix Merovingian

One year later... Nice necro ! :D

19. alpav

alpav Chieftain

Oh wow didn't check the date.