Interest in a FFH Succession Game?

also, i completely missed all teh above posts, beginning w your description of the 'civs'. amurite sounds neat.

i'm trying to open up the saves, but they're not compatible w the FfH that comes w steam's civ4. downloaded the mnai mod, and tried to install that, and it said i didn't have the FfH mod? thoughts??
1. I suspect that by "FfH that comes with the game" you mean the Age of Ice scenario, in which case you definitely don't have the correct mod installed, as that one is older than even the base FfH2 mod. See here an overview of the mod's development and the various versions and modmods: https://fallfromheaven.fandom.com/wiki/ModMods#List_of_Fall_from_Heaven_MODMODs
2. The original FfH2 can be dowloaded from the page linked above, however, after that you will aslo need MNAI, since we decided that we will play that version. Now I can't speak for @Ozbenno but on my computer I have lfgr's version (MNAI-U) installed so I suspect that this is the one that was used. I recommend therefore that you install it too.

It's different to the FFH with civ 4. Think I sent the the download links in a PM before but they can be found in this post

FfH2 Bug Thread

The mod and patch "o" are needed, then MNAI mod.

Let us know how you go.
will try to install later. oldest just got another positive covid, but we're not sure it's a residual from several weeks ago. idk...needless to say, it's exciting over here. :D

I installed the MNAI-U linked by King Bulrush, but I get a load error and crash the game when loading the mod. I have patch o installed and other ffh2 mods (Magister modmod, Extra modmod) work without issues. What version of MNAI is the correct one?

while i work it out, you can put me at the end of the roster. that'd be better anyway probably so i can get a sense of things as we go.

So my guess was correct. Now I can only speculate that the issue may have been that we both have older versions of this build (Do you remember exactly when you last installed MNAI-u?). I think I last installed the game (&mods) more than a year ago. It could be that other people in the thread have newer versions.

@unroyal_swordsman Am I correct in assuming that you only installed the mod now, so you have the newest version? Can you start a game on your own without errors (using this particular mod)?

I'm still getting an RFC error on install on the mod. Tried fresh installs, tried deleting the .ini file, tried patching and not patchign up to o. all results in "GFC error: failed to initalize Primary Control theme" seems like an old problem w steam, but i can't seem to find a solution that works. I was able to get the AND mod to run, but not this one.

anybody have any thoughts? or step-by-step, 'here's what you do, you glue-sniffing clownface" instructions to help me? i'm unsmart

hey all, what's up?

Last edited:
I suggest that who ever has a setup that works upload his entire folder so that you can just download and install that.

That usually means that the folder name is incorrect. It should be "More Naval AI" if you're installing MNAI-U (as mentioned by Ozbenno). Does base FfH work for you?
nah. i'm stuck at base FfH. I tried just the n patch, and then just the o; still get that error.
i hope that helps some of you guys who can't figure this simple thing out

Last edited:
Steps should be as follows (I think)

• Install base FFH - FallfromHeaven2041n (check it works)
  • Install patch o - FfH2041o (check it works)
  • Install MNAI - mnai-2.9u-setup (check it works)
Might be worth uninstalling Civ IV and reinstalling first (are you using Steam version).

Let me know where you're getting stuck and I'll lend a hand.

i'm going to go back to fresh IV, and not just BTS. I'll msg you w update sirrah

please stop badgering me! as i've said, i've had NO PROBLEM installing the mod OR the modmod!!

Last edited:
try this on for size you clunkheads

i thik i got this, thanks all. see if the save loads up for anyhone else. i was able to load both versions, and saved from v2.

i'm also going to go back and edit all my posts to reflect poorly on everyone else.

Attachments

• ozbenno TURN-0000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    311.5 KB · Views: 22
i'm also going to go back and edit all my posts to reflect poorly on everyone else.
Well I say! That is most unkind of you sir. Now have a good day. I said good day!

try this on for size you clunkheads

i thik i got this, thanks all. see if the save loads up for anyhone else. i was able to load both versions, and saved from v2.

I was able to load your save. So it looks like we are finally on the same page.

Woo hoo.

So what about settings?

I usually play on a huge Terra map (30% water) epic speed, gives plenty of land for the barbarians to settle into and slow intro. Happy to look at other options as well.

I only tick "no tech brokering" and "all unique features". Used to do "aggressive AI" but not in MNAI.

Prince or Monarch?

Top Bottom