Interesting Times - The AI Side of RFC

yay, a happy ending! the barbs didn't load a galley and invade japan and greekanalyzer got updates before he moved :D

i know *shiver* my first game of rfc i played as rome and was like derp derp derp thats a lot of- HOLY CRAP THATS ALOT BARBS :wow:

I think Babylonia suffers way more from barbs, minor nations and rising states far more than Roma. Roma has at least a way too powerful unit for defense and huge historical region (helping for stability).
When I saw the second Seljuks invasion ~1090 AD, it was what the hell is going on? Man, Asia Minor stinks...
I wonder if it is possible for AI babylonia to ever survive until the renaissance...

Anyways, maybe I'm narrow-minded (not that people here are better, we're all the same lol), but to me, Roma is boring as hell. Overpowered unit (many users talked about the überness of praets in the Strategy&Tips subforum and most concluded the axe is the main factor that makes the praet not so shinty) because some idiot (and I really ponder mah words) decided it would be nice to give 25% against axemen over the immense advantage the praet got. I mean remains only the Numidian Cavalry and War Elephant to have a correct chance and counter against praets. And let avoid mentioning some wants to even push more the preats' bonuses.

Oh wait, what am I doing? Too much derp-thinking. Let rectify this!

Poor Arabian people (Sanaa is the center of Felix Arabia) getting killed by themselves.
Those independant cities should have a free archer at least....!!!!1111!!!11!
Barb Elephant is kittie for now I think because the barb invation hasn't started...
Egypt seems the only one aware to get garrison for cities is good.
I think Egypt is bribed.

rome isn't that easy if your praet army is over in greece when the barb horde comes :(

but i do agree babylon is destined to die in rfc... reason i only won my first rfc game on my THIRD attempt :lol:

When I get done with Babylonia, I think either Axum Kingdom (Ethiopia), those Tibetans or worse those Congolese should be in order of play. Congo seems an insane nation to win domination with! At least Tibet has China to run over and Ethiopia has Asia Minor. Congo has NOTHING! I tell'ya.

Rome IS easy. I think I saw some dom around 1000 AD with Roma in that faraway thread about earliest dom on normal speed monarch in DoC main thread.

well yeah, you load a galley kill carthage, and it's simple from there but i didn't know this when i first played rome as i pointed out

and has congo ever HAD anything :lol:

Again, welcome to the AI Side of RFC!

When we last were together, the barbarians made their move, destroying newly-built Sana'a, nearly doing the same to Roman-held Lugdunum, and launching an attack on India. Plus, Egypt joined the Punic Wars on the side of the Romans (despite having never contacted them).

And now we move on...

To start off on turn 130, we see the Greeks settle the town of Tyras on the NW coast of the Black Sea:

Though I'm not sure why they built a town so far north (will that city flip to the Turks or Russians?), it is a very useful town once that city gets a little bit of culture and infrastructure.

Meanwhile, an Impi scored a win on an Ethiopian archer at capital Aksum, but there are more soldiers in the town, so Ethiopia's capital still stands. Plus, we have yet another revolt in Sur. These are the most rebellious people I have ever seen in Civ 4, period.

Turn 131: The Babylonian's finally tried to attack Jerusalem! The battle didn't do much though, only taking down a pair of units on each side. Jerusalem still has a decent position, but only if Babylon doesn't bring up any more soldiers to the battlefield. The city is down to three archers. In other news, the first of the barbs headed for Egypt has arrived, but has not crossed any borders yet. It seems that Impi in Ethiopia has acquired a new target, though - Egypt.

Turn 132: The barbs launched their first attack on Egypt, with a horse archer attacking Kumma. Despite it being close, the defending war chariot (the only defender at the time) won the battle and Kumma is now defended by three units.

Meanwhile, the Chinese have settled the city of Shenyang in Manchuria:

Good thing the Chinese are thinking ahead, having already connected the city to Beijing via road. The Chinese are doing well right now, having the world's largest nation.

Turn 133: The barbs targeting Rome have started to arrive:

There are four more in Iberia, as well.

Turn 134: Nothing much, just those barbs moving closer to Roman territory. Rome has to fight off 8 barb swordsman with 3 praets and a couple of archers. We'll see how they do. Meanwhile, that Impi in Ethiopia doesn't seem like it knows what it wants to do. :dunno:

Turn 135: Oh, boy, has Egypt been caught with its pants down!

Egypt was apparently so focused on the barbs to the southwest that they left Per-Wadjet almost undefended, with only a single archer defending it. Two Carthaginian mercenaries (one being a dangerous axeman) have launched an offensive, and are ready to attack in the IBT.

Normally, this is the time to cut the update for suspense, but I'll cut you all some slack this time. :p So I'll play one more turn:

Turn 136: I finally decide to do something again, as I settle the town of Akita:

I'll probably create one more city in Japan, then maybe settle one in the Philippines or something.

Also, the fate of Per-Wadjet is revealed:

The Carthaginians turned back!?
:confused:
Now I see why...

So Egypt made peace with Carthage just before the latter got to attack. Probably best for everyone (except Rome), because now Egypt can focus on the barbs and Carthage doesn't have to worry about holding a city out of their stability zone in an area likely to be filled with barbs soon.

All right, now I'll go ahead and wrap this up. Next time, we'll (hopefully) see Rome and Egypt take on the full wrath of the barbarians. So long!

Woo! Good update :goodjob: :D

i just noticed both those smilies are very similar

i don't think that it's a mexican... oh you meant alien as in ALIEN gotcha :lol:(jk i gotcha bro ;))

Welcome, welcome, one and all!

When we last met our heroes around the world, the nation of Egypt began its struggle for survival, while Rome began to fight the barbarian tribes after them.

And so we begin again...

As nothing really happens on turn 137, we will begin on turn 138...

Looks like Rome and Egypt aren't the only ones with barbarian problems!

There are three camel archers in the Arabian Peninsula, as well.

Moving on to turn 139, we find... nothing. :sleep:

Turn 140: We finally have something: the Indians settle Visakhapatnam:

Considering this is so far the most boring update on record, I'm thinking of mixing it up a little:

That works! :D
Meanwhile, we've got barbarians moving everywhere. They've moved away from Egypt for now, but barbs are closing in on Persia, Babylon, and especially Rome. Gaul is about to experience the wrath of 6 barb swordsman and axeman, and with the Romans still only controlling one city (Lutetia and Burdigala are still Celtic) they can't exactly mount an effective defense. This could get interesting.

Turn 142: Good thing Babylon is well defended...

Still, those are camel archers. Lucky that Babili has a spearman or two.

Meanwhile...

OH, NO! NOT AGAIN!

And then:

And if that wasn't enough, there's this:

What is this!? Are all of the barbs being led by one person or something? I swear that I did not WB any of these in. To make this clear, the barbs are attacking the Romans, Celts, Babylonians, and Persians all at the same time, with a barb war elephant about to capture (and maybe destroy... I still remember Sana'a) Pagan!

I'm going to stop the update here, but I'll tell you one thing: lots of action is to be certain in the next one. Until next time!

ive only seen a barb stack that big once... my first game of rfc, played as rome, was attacking greece... then i saw something like THAT

i wonder if that stack will sack rome...

ive only seen a barb stack that big once... my first game of rfc, played as rome, was attacking greece... then i saw something like THAT

Well, I'm certainly glad I'm playing as Japan! With them, you don't have to worry about barbs.

yup, unless they load a galley :mischief:

Top Bottom