Into the Renaissance and Islam

seems to have another bug :(
I can't buy :c5greatperson: Great Merchant after unlocking Commerce, nor Great Scientist with rationalism...

what will I do with those 5000 :c5faith: points ? :(

anybody else with that bug?

Yes. Everyone has that bug until they hit Industrial. But since that's how it's supposed to work, it's not really a bug. ;)

Will try this. Declare war on Mecca on Mecca and Jerusalem on turn 1 and then expand west along the Mediterranean coast with the goal of taking Spain and Italy. Piety to start. When I get Piety capstone buy a bunch of great prophets and settle shrines (6 faith, 3 culture, 3 gold) on those desert tiles. After that put some points in honor to help with barbs and conquests, and liberty to settle North Africa faster.

cannot buy Great Prophet neither; it's ok that u can't buy GS, but they could warn you...

And now i'm suffering the biggest breaking game bug in that scenario: I just took Constantinople with Saladin, they have a different religion and I don't receive any VP... it's a <snip> 22 :c5citizen: city and I absoluly need those points to -maybe- win that game...

Does anybody know what can change that? Ive got VP for most of the city with a different religion I took excepted one (it was a 2 :c5citizen: city, so I thought it maybe was normal).
Maybe taking the city with another unit? waiting for the next turn? Am i the only one with that issue? pff.. if I don't get it that's just a 10<snip> hours waste of time..

Moderator Action: Inappropriate language removed.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Yeah... I just tried this on a match and saw that prophets were turned off. 50 turns in and didn't even save it before quitting out. I don't see the problem with allowing them either... if you watch the news you can't apparently set a bomb off anywhere in the Mideast without hitting a shrine or holy site.

anybody got the same problem? (not receiving VP for taking a city with another religion) ? I tried tons of way to take the city, I still dont get any VP and its gam breaking as I need those 500 points to win... any help welcome, ty

I recently won as Saladin on King by taking Mecca and Jerusalem early, fending off the Ottomans, expanding to the Western N. Africa coast, then going after Italian cities. Very satisfying win and close to the end.

As the Turks. I realize now you have to go for Jerusalem/Mecca from turn 1 or you'll end up facing a beefed up CS w/ Saladin as ally. I just got bogged down in an intractable war with the bastard (when I should be killing Christians).

It's pretty easy to acquire a fleet of dromans with 5 triremes, which can be amassed by taking out barb ships. As Turks you might have to build 2-3 ships max, the rest will be capture. I should have frigates and 80 turns to wreck havoc on Italy after wiping out Theodora.

It's worth settling a city in the Aegean/Balkns for the proximity to Constantinope and on-the-spot access to healing tiles.

My guess is that you should just expand as long as there are luxes close enough. Buying mosques helps with happiness.

You can buy great people with :c5faith:. Get a couple os GS to help with the :c5science: on this scenario or GE to rush a wonder or improve a :c5production: starved city.

This I did not know. How much do they cost? I see mosques, missionaries, and inquisitors, but no GP for sale yet. I have plenty of faith to spend.

You have to wait until Industrial Age apparently.

Thank you, it will be a bit then. I am not sure about this scenario yet. Some things I have read I don't care for. I am very surprised at Ed Beach who knows this time period.

Just did the achievement for England conquering Jerusalem, and then managed to win the game too by conquering a few cities and getting all 5 caravels to the new world. I was also allied with Vatican most of the game. I think I will try the Turks taking Istanbul next on deity...which doesn't sound fun.

This I did not know. How much do they cost? I see mosques, missionaries, and inquisitors, but no GP for sale yet. I have plenty of faith to spend.

It does at least give you something to do with all that extra faith, but you can only buy Merchants and Scientists. But as a faith dump for Islam, they suck too. The Scientists are worthless since you can't get them until you've finished the tech tree. The Merchants are next-to-worthless because they come so late and city-states are impossible to gain favor with because everyone fills out Patronage ASAP, and as any Muslim power except the Almohads, the first thing you should do is capture the only two city-states you care about.

Started new game as turks and prioritized securing Jerusalem and Mecca.

I was able to take Jerusalem very quickly and had Mecca with 145 turns left. I probably could have done this faster if I hadn't simultaneously thrown out a few triremes and built a number of settlers/workers (I have 5 cities at this point).

I have secured the levant and will probably find Saladin DoWing me (he has an army on the Sinai). Now that my army has taken over Mecca I might make a push for Cairo. The Pyramids will help my expansion into Anatolia/Aegean. After dealing with Saladin my aim is to start pirating Dromons until I have 6 or so.

Tech wise I'm beelining Education for Universities, from there I'll try and get to Navigation.

Any idea at what point I should have Constantinople?

(Btw, there should be a Achievement for conquering Constatinople in 1453 as the turks).

I hope to scream through the Balkans by the time I have the pair of UUs. I'll also be using a decently upgraded frigate navy to harass the Christian cities of Italy/Adriatic.

Top Bottom