Introduce Yourself!

Howdy! I do 3D modeling and animation conversions and customs, mostly for CiV, which was excruciatingly painful most of the time to mod anims and models. Hoping for Civ VI to be easier. If it is, I'm all in.

Hey! I'm no stranger to modding, as I used to be very active here making units and leaderheads for the Civ IV community way back when I was in middle school (and still had a lot of free time). Now I'm in college and majoring in animation.

I've been wanting to come back here for a long time, and Civ VI seems like a good opportunity to do so if it turns out to be modder friendly. Given my major, I'll probably focus on creating units and leaders, since it's good practice. I'd love to focus on lesser known Civs for that.

Fall from Heaven 2 was my absolute favorite mod from Civ IV. If a project of that scope ever arises for Civ VI that contains a lot of lore and storytelling, then I would love to contribute.

Hey! I'm baaaccckkk! :)

I'm tripps, and I've been gone for awhile, but I'm back to do some more modding. I did star trek mod II for civ4 and I'm planning on doing stm3 for civ6. While I'm waiting though for my copy of the game, I'm working on a total conversion of Pirates! (2004) to monkey island! Be sure to check that out to.

Cheers!

Hi! My first visit to Civfanatics and I have been playing the game (Civ 1) since I was in primary school. It has been awesome to see the transformation from Civ 1 to Civ 6. I'm really excited about the upcoming release in 10 days.

Cheers!

Hello everyone!

Some of you may remember me from the Civ3 C&C fora years ago. I've been playing Civ since Civ1 and would love to pick up an old mod I had planned for Civ3 and put it into Civ6.
I plan on overhauling the whole tech tree, unit tree, and each civilisation into something more robust and flavourful and I'd love it if you guys would like to jump on board when the modkit comes out and give me a hand :)

Hi! Here Khose Galkin, from LOTR Civilization V Scenarios. I'm looking forward to getting CIV VI and start making a new LOTR scenario / mod for it :)

Greetings! I started making civs late in Civ 5’s lifespan, originally under a modding “team” before going solo, and hope to continue this in 6, where there are a lot more potential unmade mods I can snap up. Apart from making new civs (I’m hoping on starting with the Netherlands), I’d like to create a Rivalries mechanic, where leaders are automatically opposed to different civilizations and/or leaders (Barbarossa rivals Saladin, Gandhi rivals England, etc), basically to encourage or merely direct AI hostility ;)

Hi there folks, I'm Rron and I'm new here. I've been on the site millions of times to uncover some kind of coding lore (invisible buildings, anyone?). I'm looking to be a semi-regular, but serious modder for CIV VI. My first CIV was V, and I fell in love with it to the point where most games hold little to no spark for me. I've made civs for friends birthdays and things, but the only modpack I have made that I would show publicly is a set of every major race from the Star Trek Series, but it's missing art. With CIV VI coming out, I'm wishing I had learned LUA, considering it will probably be the best way to code the wildly unique abilities we've seen so far.

I'm really looking forward to creating the THULE civilzation, the Thule being the ancestors of Modern Inuit who were using Iron earlier than most everybody thanks to an abundance of meteorites in their homeland. They went on to conquer most of North-East Canada and such, and even did trade with Viking Sailors. They're just so cool and unique in my eyes. If folks are interested in including it within the Colonialist Legacies, I'd be proud to be a part of it. After them, I'd like to make the Indo-Greek and the Yuezhi peoples.

Hi. I have not done any Civ V modding, but I was really active with modding Civ IV back in the day (check out the links in the signature, if you are not familiar with my LHs).
Now, I am not saying I want to get back to making leaders, unless it is something not too complex (like in Civ IV), but I do want to be more active when it comes to making civs. I would love to help you coming up with ideas for uniques, and compiling city lists.
I must say that I am not interested in making civs that are too obscure, too small, or too "non-civ". I do not know how interested I will be in making civs that would eventually be added to the game by Firaxis too.

If there are projects I would be most interested in, they would be an Israelite civ and an Uzbek civ. I have already thought about what they should be like, so I'll be happy to help if you decide to make those.

Hi all, my story is that of an old civ 4 modder who is going to give Civ 6 a go. I would hope to start by playing a couple games of Civ 6 and potentially make a balance/tweak pack based on my experiences, at least to start.

Hi everyone. I'm AtomicSoviet and I'm a Civilization player since Civ4 : Beyond the Sword. I'm very new to modding but I hope to start doing mods for Civilization VI !

Hey everyone, I've never made a mod before but I'm thinking of starting to make a small one for Civ 6. I just recently started taking a Java programming class(currently an English teacher) and am enjoying it, so thought I'd try some modding. CiV had an SDK that people downloaded to mod. Is that how it is for Civ VI?

Hello all, I started with Civ 5. I'm more of a self-modder but I made a few small mods for civ 5. I don't know yet if I'll make anything for civ 6.

Hi, donald23 here.
Made a few adjustments for Civ5 for myself to play around with. Created the first BE faction mod and now just released three example mods for Civ6.

Edit: also might it be possible to get a resource section for Civ6 mods?

Then I can also host my mods here.

Last edited:
Howdy ho, neighborinos! I'm Space Communist, and I do modding, I guess. Made a few mods for civ 5 in the past year, and am looking forward to what civ 6 will have to offer! I'm far from what anyone would call an expert, but I'm always glad to learn more and do what I can! :D

Hello, Bonjour, Guten Tag, Salut, Mrhaba, Ni Hao, Hola and nuqneH. I started designing civs late in civ v's lifespan, but never got any of them to any state in which they could be released. Once I have enough money I will start playing civ vi to be able to understand the mechanics and get onto designing the mythologies I had made designs for before, and the few real world civs I had designed too. Good to be here and happy modding to all.

Tokata here. I'm not an daily English speaker and may make mistake in my wording.

In CIV5 I made some game system expansions like improvements and economy. Very few of them uploaded to steam because I didn't use Civ5 SDK to create mods. Mostly amusing myself.
Planning to mod game systems in Civ6, though the current version is too simple and crude for modding. Now waiting for more DLCs.
Brainstorm greatly welcomed.

我的母语是中文,欢迎用中文向我打招呼。
日本語もほとんどOKです。

Hello! I'm Luei. I never picked up the Civ franchise 'til I moved completely to PC gaming and picked up Civ 5, and loved it, even though none of my friends wanted to play it. I got into modding about halfway through the game's cycle, and made like 32 civs based on superheroes (Super Civs), so I'm pretty much looking to make all of the ones I have for Civ 5 and more.

Having played the game, I love some of the changes like Districts and policies. I love how now each civ can have a choice between leaders, each with their own effects! Now I can take the leader replacers I made and actually give them something besides graphics. I'm pretty hyped to start working on mods, but I remain cautious until I see the breadth and depth of their modding tools. There was some stuff in the last game that took me dozens of hours to make a single effect work.

Hi everyone, I am Jarim from germany and I hope to finally get to modding civ, after i circled around Civ5 for several years without ever seriously trying to mod it. Have been playing Civ since #4 and observing this forum for quite a while too. Im looking forward to an interesting time here! :c5goldenage::D

The name's PHXHRC. I made mods based on fictional characters on Civ5, and I hope I can continue that with Civ6, starting with porting out my Civ5 mods. The new things that you can do in this game are wonderful and opens up to a ton of modding possibilities, although it's going to take a while to get use to.

Although, I'm going to a wait a bit before making a mod, since I'll have to know what's the limitations for mods. And I have to update my Civ5 mods...

Top Bottom