Introduce Yourself!

Heya, folks, I am GPuzzle, a guy who did a few mods and work for everyone back in Civ V. Now with both solo projects and team projects, I aim to expand upon the Civics to turn it into a TCG-style game, and also making a few Civs, from old favorites like Ethiopia and Italy to some more unknown but that I've taken a liking to, such as the Dene or Oyo.

I am Grand Duke Chrisy XV the Mercenary; Knight and Privy Councillor of the Mod Empire; Conqueror of Korea; Patron of Cyrus; Moderniser of Japan; Restorer of Afghanistan, Malaysi... wait, waddya mean those don't count anymore? :p

Civ 5 modder, will move onto Civ 6 once I've got a grasp of the game. Expect SKorea and Babylon first, and then a Persia split when the inevitable Persia DLC hits. I'm also gonna end up doing stuff for TPang, and as such won't have time to release anything for myself. Such is life...

Greetings, all! I am a wandering nomad in the land of modding, with no real skills or experience and probably not much time. But I plan to poke around the files, and play around with changing some of the mods already posted, and hopefully, eventually, contribute to some larger projects.

(I promised myself that if I bought this game, I would do more than just consume it, but would use it to learn/improve transferable skills, perhaps related to coding/scripting or graphics or simply working on projects with others.)

Hello again! I'm Firebug, and i started out modding Greek State civilizations into Civ5. I then spread out to other stuff, and eventually led the team that created Palmyra, and later collaborated with Colonialist Legacies on the Tlingit. My art is also found in a bunch of mods made by my friends.

Hello Lads

I'm your friendly neighbourhood Manxman. I was a modder of Civ V (as many will know) who eventually came to have around 20 civs under my belt (though they were all joint efforts between me and other modders), which I'm quite proud of, allowing players access to a diverse range of Civilisations.

Hell, I even did a native Canarian Civ.

First mod on my Civ VI list, once I wrap my head around the game is of course, the Mighty Manx Empire led by the semi-mythical King Orry.

Heyo!

I have no experience with modding, but am looking to get into it with Civ 6. I'm interested in creating fantasy civs based off of things like the Witcher and Discworld series.

Hi, I'm K3fka. I've never done any modding besides SNES ROM hacking, but I'm interested in modding Civ6 to fix some annoyances I have with the game so far, possibly adding new content as well.

hello, i'm doll and i'm new to the civ modding comunnity, i plan on sometime in the future make a civilization based on my friend drawing

Attachments

• gentleman_1185154208.1024x0.jpg
    gentleman_1185154208.1024x0.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 197
  • blank-chair_453337920.1024x0.jpg
    blank-chair_453337920.1024x0.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 177
Hello fellow Civvers!

I like the Civ series, although I'm relatively new to the series as I only started playing since the first few days of V, and I like to mod, which I have been doing for close to 30 years. Yeah: I'm old(er).

I am really looking forward to see what happens with VI as I think the game itself is very, very good for a release game and although Firaxis will add patches and changes, I am more excited to see what the community can produce.

Greetings to all!
I am ElfCitizen, I am newbie modder, and I am going to mod in some new civs in CiVI(I started work on Israel already, but I need some help with graphics). I hope CiVI wiil be very-very moddable game!

Hi all.

Dabbled with mods back in the time of Civ IV. Modding will probably prove more therapeutic than hanging around in the OT harassing and getting harassed by OT'ers.

Hope they will release the source code, I'm anxious to mod Civ VI that route!

I wanted to post in Map Scripts subforum but I have no permission - so I guess I need to introduce myself first to get that permission :)
I play Civ since Civ1 something like 25 years ago (I was 15 then). I skipped Civ2 (hard time during studies) but played a lot Civ3. Civ4 is still my best game from the series, I played countless hours (more than 2000), I was admin of Polish civ fans (KAC) forum for few years: www.civilization.org.pl I organized tourneys, large PitBoss games (30+ users, one turn daily, played to the end like space ship victory or domination), PBEMs, ranking games. For those ranking games I created map scripts with prefix "LD_" like my initials: LD_Mirror, LD_Mirror_Inland_Sea, LD_Mirror_Remote_Continents etc.
I want to do the same for Civ6 (I started already) so I want to post my work in "MapScripts" subforum here.

I'M CYPHOSE, LOOK AT ME!

For those of you who recognize me, hi! For those that don't (probably the vast majority), I got into modding back in the last days of CiV (I think a few months after I started was when Civ 6 was announced). It was fun while it lasted, but as soon as the next game was announced, my desire to mod for the soon-to-be previous game just died out. It was a shame, considering I had an ambitious project I was working on and quite enjoyed seeing it come together, but such is the nature of burning yourself out. I don't regret a second of it, though, and I'll forever be thankful to the fantastic community that helped me along the way.

That came across sounding like more of eulogy than I anticipated. At any rate, I'm back and pretty hyped for Civ 6, and hope I can shake off the rust and take part in the community proper this time around. Seems a lot has changed, hopefully for the better, so I aim to ride the waves of discovery and help where I can to give back just a little bit.

Here's to Firaxis not lying about making their game the most moddable one yet!

Hello all! I'm a Wolf, that's also a sergeant! I was aware of Civ for a while but I only managed to get on the Civ train with the release of BNW, and it was sort of a good thing that I waited that long. Everything by that point was established and had been polished over multiple times.

I've been modding only very recently, which has been; very interesting to say the least. Especially with a certain mod that I'm working on.
I won't say the mod name, because now that's a trigger word for many modders. Clues are in my signature though!

I would very much like to get into VI, all though I haven't made any plans or moves yet. Maybe after a couple of patches and a sale I'll purchase it. But for now I'll stay with V and hear about all the shenanigans that occur in VI, both vanilla and modded.

Hello all! I'm a Wolf, that's also a sergeant! I was aware of Civ for a while but I only managed to get on the Civ train with the release of BNW, and it was sort of a good thing that I waited that long. Everything by that point was established and had been polished over multiple times.

I've been modding only very recently, which has been; very interesting to say the least. Especially with a certain mod that I'm working on.
I won't say the mod name, because now that's a trigger word for many modders. Clues are in my signature though!

I would very much like to get into VI, all though I haven't made any plans or moves yet. Maybe after a couple of patches and a sale I'll purchase it. But for now I'll stay with V and hear about all the shenanigans that occur in VI, both vanilla and modded.

"Working on" implies progress is being made... :p

Hello. Never modded a game before, but have a CompSci background so I'm hoping that should be sufficient competence to allow me to figure this out eventually. Looking forward to learning what there is to learn.

"Working on" implies progress is being made... :p

Hey hey I've been working on it! Gonna add the diplo and music to it soon.
And I've posted that log (which no one's replied to yet grumble grumble) so you can't say that I haven't done anything with it yet!

Also I have Rum avatar, that's also advancement for the mod!

I usually just tweak a few XML things here and there. Fiddling with the promotion preqs for a few of the classes that do not make logical sense is my first item of duty. Might do a final "armored car", or "scout chopper" for the recon thread at some point.

Hello Friends,
I am a CS student in my freshman year right now, and a huge fan of the Civilization series, (I've played regularly since Civ4)
I thought it would be a neat idea to try out some modding to practice my CS skills in my free time, all the while helping out the community.
I still have to learn about .lua programming it seems, but my first project I've had in mind is to revamp the civilopedia, because it seems to be lacking some things. I've made a repository for the project here, (github.com/SupahAmbition/fixMyCivilopedia) which right now only contains a readme and a copy of the civilopedia text files. Feel free to contribute, or to leave me suggestions. I am still a novice programmer, so I can use all the advice I can get.

Thanks.

Last edited:
hello, im a former game developer student, atm unemployed, using my programming skills to mod games, help others with modding, maybe even create my own games some times. currently working on some basic mods and a "cheat" mod for civ6 (the "cheat" mod will be like the "ultimate civ" mod for civ5) and in the talks with some gaming friends about working on a 2d unity game

Top Bottom