Introducing CivFanatics v3.0

Yeah that's an insult, CFC is much greater than Rome ever was!

QFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's been up for me ever since it was first put up!

It isn't and it can't. Silly.:p

Next assignment: Compare Superman and Ghenghis Khan. (Don't forget to write a synopsis or you'll get a D- for sloppiness.)

I want the D-.

Khan produced ~500 children. Superman none.
Conclusion: Khan has a better fitness.

Mainpage: nice changes since 3.0 so far. Are we at 3.1 now? :)

Next assignment: Compare Superman and Ghenghis Khan. (Don't forget to write a synopsis or you'll get a D- for sloppiness.)

synopsis: Khan is a capable great leader, Superman is a haughty nobody.

Khan, plundered, and conquered, and was just a complete and total bad ass. He was also a mortal and he was a king. He took his job as leader very serious. He was an innovator who was willing to break with old, yet senseless, traditions to bring his people to greatness. He was respected by his subordinates and feared by everyone else.

Superman is a goody two shoes who blindly believes the American version of justice and democracy is the best there is, he defends it, (either by physically removing his enemies or making boring preaches) but he never does anything to improve society beyond what it already is.
His opponents never respect him or even fear him. In fact, few people really treat him better than a low ranking citizen; Not surprising, when he isn't wearing his suite, thats exactly how he behaves.

The spam quotient of this thread seems to have increased dramatically. :(

The new site overall looks very nice. Nice and clean. :)
The only thing I would suggest changing is the syndicate menu on the right:
-Rename to RSS or Updates for familiarity.
-Add more icons (e.g. like this one).

I agree with Ghost Ranger on adding more icons. Loads of icons. An icon for almost any link.
If well designed and with a systematic consistency, they can add a lot to the user-friendliness of a website for repeat visitors, while, simultaneously, they add eye-candy to impress the new visitors.

But I assume this is still work in progress.

The spam quotient of this thread seems to have increased dramatically.

Ah yes, I'm sorry about that, couldn't help myself. :mischief:

See the answer below (last question). If you want, I can create a page for the Multi-Team Demogame (or normal demogame) from which you guys can create subpages...it wouldn't be private though, I don't think. This is all still new to me...

That'd be great :)

:stupid:

BTW, took a closer look, but I still can't make out what species that dragonfly is.:mad::mischief:

I honestly cannot se a dragonfly there. Perhaps I need to take a close look myself. :D

May 13, 2008:

Members Can Now Edit Most Site Pages

Since the launch of the new system for the main site on May 4th, we have made the following improvements/changes:

• Most site articles can now be updated by all members. When you view an article, if the "Edit" link shows up, it means you have permission to edit the article.

• A Rich Editor (WYSIWYG Editor) that allows easy article creation has been added. The editor defaults to off. To use it, simply click "enable rich-text" link below the text area on the add/edit article page. Note that this editor works with the "Filtered HTML" input mode and not for vbCode input mode. Below is a screenshot showing the editor in action:

• Members can now see article revisions. This allows you to compare different versions of an article. If you have used Wikipedia, you know how this works. Here is a screenshot:

To get started, simply go to the main site. At the right side bar, click the "Create content" link and choose book page. You can create articles for your strategy articles, your modding tutorials, etc. You can also browse the site and help update existing articles. Article submissions and content updates are moderated.

Check it out and please feel free to ask in the Site Feedback forum or here if you have any questions. :)

even though this may be an whole new and more powerful source of spam...

Possible. But note that all pages and edits will be moderated. And not after the fact, like we do in the forums, but before they can be seen. That means if you add or update a page, you won't see the new stuff until *after* a moderator has looked at it. ;)

Would it be possible to make Article Comments a child forum of CIVFANATICS instead of Site Feedback?

That way, it would be easier to keep track of posts in site feedback.

Top Bottom