Introducing CivFanatics v3.0

I dont know if this is related - but when i click on the Chat button anywhere - something wierd loads instead of the java applet. Did i do something on my end ?

Thank god for fifty's sig ... :crazyeye:

The main site should be working again. Please PM or email me if the problem re-appears.

Cool, that link allows for a side-by side comparison, and I think the new version needs the old title bar, or a version of it. How flexible is vB visually?
Personally I dislike all the space between menu items, and I think it needs to be more compact - not all squished into the center of the page, but go back to news items being separated by a dotted line, not two triple borders, In my humble opinion.

Aside from that, this has been and still is a great site.

I don't really like at first these changes:(: it's not as easy as before to find all that we need and like in our team.
Let's wait a bit to know if it is better or not.

Cool, that link allows for a side-by side comparison, and I think the new version needs the old title bar, or a version of it. How flexible is vB visually?
Personally I dislike all the space between menu items, and I think it needs to be more compact - not all squished into the center of the page, but go back to news items being separated by a dotted line, not two triple borders, In my humble opinion.
Right now we pretty much use the exact same style as the forum, so it's not surprising if you feel the old main site look is better. When I have time, I will make a custom template for the CMS. But for now ease of managing the content takes priority over look and feel. :)

I don't really like at first these changes:(: it's not as easy as before to find all that we need and like in our team.
Let's wait a bit to know if it is better or not.
How is harder to find info? We tried to keep the navigation about the same as before. We also have a much better site content search feature.
Anyway, hopefully after a while you'll get used to it. :)

Honestly i'd like the old version better, but i'm fine with the new one. :)

Keep up the good Work :D

I like it! :cool: Everything works fine according to me. (except the comment counter)

Welcome Ginger_Ale and good luck!

Probably more flexible than the old one. Too bad I think it looks ugly as hell.

Thank you, everyone. If you notice any pages or links that aren't working, you can PM me. This site is much easier to update overall. I've also tried to update most of the Civ4 Civilopedia pages to include information from BtS, but some pages remain unchanged. Hopefully that'll change over time... :)

wow......at first I thought it was horrible, but now it's growing on me.......I guess it's good!!

hmm... looks like we have the blank page issue again.... 7 hours after the last one was fixed.

I have contacted our host about it. Hopefully we could fix this problem once and for all soon...

Blank for me, I use Opera.

At least the fora still work.
Right.

I suppose problems are to be expected in the beginning when this kind of system is put into "production". Some problems only show up when there are lots of users. We still need to tweak the server settings and app config to make it perform better.

EDIT (12:16 AM): It's back up.

Hi guys,

The new site worked for me yesterday evening (French time, so it should be around the beginning of the afternoon in the US), but now it only displays a blank page (for the main page and the pages such as War Academy / Info Center) . The fix should be fixed. :lol:
During the (short) when I've been able to access the new page, I must say that I've really liked what I've seen.

All I get is blank page in FF 2.0.0.14 and IE says: "cannot display the webpage"! Althought the old version still works.

Top Bottom