• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Invitational Back to the Basics NES Signup

EQandcivfanatic

Zailing Captain
Retired Moderator
Ok, as discussed on a separate thread, we're going to give an invitational NES a shot. Let me begin with this: I don't know a lot of you well enough to judge whether you are a capable story writer. Some of you I don't know at all. Therefore if you meet one or more of these qualifications and are not on the list, and are interesting in joining, PM me:

1. NESing for more than a year.
2. Have written sizable stories
3. Reccommended by another NESer for this.
4. Are a serious old timer who i haven't seen since returning (in this case you can slap me before joining, just be warned i'll shoot you in self defense)

Now to the rules. Basically this is a throwback to the old days, the following is an example of one nation's beginning stats:

Aztec Empire: EQandCivfanatic
Government: Despotism
Economy: average
Army: tiny Stone Age
Navy: none

Really simple style, focused on diplomacy and stories. Essentially I would like this NES to be a center of diplomacy, great backstabs, glorious wars, and awe-inspiring written depictions of these events. The following is a preliminary list of those who will have PMs sent to them. This is not a finalized list, and more will be added come recommendations.

The Farow -
Swissempire -
das
Sheep -
Grandmaster
Azale
alex994
warman17 -
erez87
andis1
IceEye
Gelion -
Insane Panda
Drake
Lord Iggy
MjM
Erik Mosey -
Finmaster -
blackheart -

Remember, if you aren't on this list and should be, send me a PM and i'll add you. I apologize in advance for those who deserve to be invited that i missed.

I confirm my intrest in this.

I have interest in this. Would this mean the closing of In the Shadow of Rome? Or are you opening this once that NES reaches a reasonable conclusion?

I am honored and a bit suprised to be included in your list. Thanks a lot for considering me.

This would NOT mean closing Shadow of Rome, this style of NES is VERY easily moderated and requires minimal activity by the moderator compared to Shadow of Rome.

EQ The Farrow while a great player fails to meet your time length requirements. Does this mean that in special circumstances you will bend this rule?

lurker's comment: Therefore if you meet one or more of these qualifications and are not on the list, and are interesting in joining,

You forgot Drake. I think Drake should be here.

MJ I think you more than qualify. But in the end these are up to EQ.

Nah I think this is a more of a lets see how many people we can get.

EQ we should also cap the invitations to 20.

I told you EQ to invite blackheart.

I will ignore the insulting fact that an oldtimer like myself who loves those simple basic storywriting NESes has been left out of the list, and join anyway! :D

EDIT: would someone please recommend me?

Top Bottom