iPad performance improved?

Spark217

Chieftain
As per title, I haven’t played on iPad (pro 9.7) since before the iOS 13 release, has any improvement on game performance, screen stuttering, crashes, and frame rates happened? Especially since GS was released? I stopped playing because it wasn’t working so well and I got a new computer, but I miss the convenience of the iPad!

Thanks guys!

Civ has always worked well for me and I started playing it on the original 12.9” with 4GB memory. Now that I play on the 2018 12.9” with 6GB of memory, the game runs really fast. Got everything installed including mods... it is a dream come true to play this on my iPad and don’t play it on the PC any longer because playing on the iPad is so convenient.

So does it run better with GS installed. Beats me, but I can tell you it runs mighty fine from my perspective.

On an iPad Air 2019 - I've noticed battery life whilst using Retina graphics to have greatly improved. An hour or so of playing only used about 10% of battery where previously this was around 15% maybe 20%. This is on latest update of R&F - not got GS yet - will be Christmas present to myself!

I got all the expansions and the game runs good and the same as when I only got the vanilla Civ6. I have an iPad 6th gen (2018).

On an iPad Air 2019 - I've noticed battery life whilst using Retina graphics to have greatly improved. An hour or so of playing only used about 10% of battery where previously this was around 15% maybe 20%. This is on latest update of R&F - not got GS yet - will be Christmas present to myself!

Dito the ”Christmas present to myself” :)

Playing the GS update on the latest iPad Mini, the battery life definitely seems improved over the original Civ 6 release - more than 2 hours of play didn’t drain the battery to half.

I really appreciate having the GS update on the iPad. After playing it on the Mac going back to R&F on the iPad would have been unfortunate.

Playing the GS update on the latest iPad Mini, the battery life definitely seems improved over the original Civ 6 release - more than 2 hours of play didn’t drain the battery to half.

I really appreciate having the GS update on the iPad. After playing it on the Mac going back to R&F on the iPad would have been unfortunate.

I've yet to properly try GS after buying it. Thanks to the free DLC giveaways, I now have the complete game on iOS. Have you tried the retina graphics fix on the mini ?

I've yet to properly try GS after buying it. Thanks to the free DLC giveaways, I now have the complete game on iOS. Have you tried the retina graphics fix on the mini ?
I’m also interested in this answer, how does retina affect the performance and battery? I’m on the older pro, 9.7”

Not sure what retina graphics fix you’re referring to... I’m running the latest iOS update on the mini, 13.3.

Not sure what retina graphics fix you’re referring to... I’m running the latest iOS update on the mini, 13.3.

https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/7ld2ht/civ_vi_is_capable_of_retina_graphics_with_this/

Worked pretty easily - although does require a separate Mac/PC. Was pretty quick to do the actual tweak - took longer to get the Software installed/working. Massive improvement IMO - looks much better. As I mentioned, this used to rinse the battery but this seems to have been improved.

Top Bottom