Iran Iraq War Mod+Scenario

Hey once Abadon fell I rolled through and took 8 more Iran cities fast, about 1 every 2 turns, the only stall is waiting to build some extra defenders or I could push on. The funnest thing now is ramping my economy up fast as time is limited but Ive got a good chance so far.

Hey once Abadon fell I rolled through and took 8 more Iran cities fast, about 1 every 2 turns, the only stall is waiting to build some extra defenders or I could push on. The funnest thing now is ramping my economy up fast as time is limited but Ive got a good chance so far.

Which difficulty? Add some more units to Iran? or are you just having fun :)?

Which difficulty? Add some more units to Iran? or are you just having fun :)?

Im playing monarch level, it really depends on who you play with I guess but yeah Iran probaly needs at least 3-4 more starting tanks around the Iraq border to cut that rush tactic down. Im at peace now having taken around 10 Iran cities but they built ap. palace again and now they are getting some decent defense going. It is a fun game as Im very close to Russia and Iran now in overall points :D

I think the AI might be having money issues with its starting set-up until the cities grow some but they get going fine after a while.

Im playing monarch level, it really depends on who you play with I guess but yeah Iran probaly needs at least 3-4 more starting tanks around the Iraq border to cut that rush tactic down. Im at peace now having taken around 10 Iran cities but they built ap. palace again and now they are getting some decent defense going. It is a fun game as Im very close to Russia and Iran now in overall points :D

I think the AI might be having money issues with its starting set-up until the cities grow some but they get going fine after a while.

I think what I'll do is add some machine guns for them since I am trying to simulate the unbalance between the sides at the begining. I think otherwise, Iran could too easily push inside Iraq early on.

just a quick question: from where do you get the t-62 model? it doesnt seem to have the right .kfm file (now it's the tank.kfm). is it animated at all?

cheers

Looks like conquests made the model, but it did not come with a .kfm. Finally found it after searching. T-62 thread

I downloaded the mod a few days ago, and it has been pretty awsome for a beta version. A few comments:
>Bulding the AP or the equivilant should have a religous requirement. It seems strange when the announcement says 'Sunni Leaders have a vision of uniting all Taoist faithful.
>>Taoism/Confucianism/bhuddism/Hinduism should not be there. Possibly have them be pre-founded in a hidden city. (middle of the ocean surrouned by mountains.
>Why does Iran have so much wheat??!! It is everywhere in there.
>>Also, why is there a large non-settled spot in eastern Iran? It seems a bit odd.
>Cyprus always declares war against the Mujahadeen on the very first turn. For some reason the rest of the world does to.
>Possibly give Guerrila 2 to Mujahadeen SAMs. I don't know if it was intended for them to slow you down.
>Perhaps institute a Economic Victory where you have X amount of gold like in the Crossroads mod.
>Set Saddams favorite religion and religion weights to Sunni, he tends to convert to Shia which will cause him to stop the war with Iran.

I downloaded the mod a few days ago, and it has been pretty awsome for a beta version. A few comments:
>Bulding the AP or the equivilant should have a religous requirement. It seems strange when the announcement says 'Sunni Leaders have a vision of uniting all Taoist faithful.
>>Taoism/Confucianism/bhuddism/Hinduism should not be there. Possibly have them be pre-founded in a hidden city. (middle of the ocean surrouned by mountains.
>Why does Iran have so much wheat??!! It is everywhere in there.
>>Also, why is there a large non-settled spot in eastern Iran? It seems a bit odd.
>Cyprus always declares war against the Mujahadeen on the very first turn. For some reason the rest of the world does to.
>Possibly give Guerrila 2 to Mujahadeen SAMs. I don't know if it was intended for them to slow you down.
>Perhaps institute a Economic Victory where you have X amount of gold like in the Crossroads mod.
>Set Saddams favorite religion and religion weights to Sunni, he tends to convert to Shia which will cause him to stop the war with Iran.

AP was deleted in the new version. Don't know how to get rid of founding of other religions. Used economic usage maps to accurately place crops. Large non-settle part is because of desert. Will fix the other parts too, thanks! Working on getting new artwork for wonders, but trouble exporting to nif. Very close. Alwasy says non-uniform scaling or if exported shows up blank.

looks great but from the empty space left that's a big deal beaker

looks great but from the empty space left that's a big deal beaker

Zooming in on Iran in google map I found some small villages I could add for the empty region. Some of that area is also forest as well that I can add in now to kind of show why there are no cities.

Got original artwork for Azadi tower to work now!:cooool:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 179
Looks just like a good battle, will try this out next:goodjob:

It is fun, I would like to see more battlfield maps like this based on wars that arnt usually covered. Going to try to download the new version tonite, I think Im going to pull off a points victory against Iran in my current game but its close, about 20 turns left.

It is fun, I would like to see more battlfield maps like this based on wars that arnt usually covered. Going to try to download the new version tonite, I think Im going to pull off a points victory against Iran in my current game but its close, about 20 turns left.

If only I had more free time I'd do it.

Made the al-Shaheed tonight.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 197
If only I had more free time I'd do it.

Made the al-Shaheed tonight.

Nice addition:goodjob:, I actually didnt know that one until now, Im still finishing up current game and then will try new one soon, been delayed a bit, will try to give some feedback later in the week. I love the mods where I actually learn new facts as I play.

My ending point total was Iran 4160 Iraq 3782, I was edged out last 10 turns after being close:cry:

I think they were ahead several future techs which helped them as my population was about the same. I took some Syrian cities late trying to catch up. The smaller civs probaly need a few extra free units to help them compete as Syria was pretty weak. Extra maching gun units on the borders at start should help.

Will try a game of the new version starting tonite, Iran would be an easy win as the seem to finish high in the points so I dont see them as one I would play. Israel would be fun to try, Do they have extra tanks/? missiles to start?

Russia actually was able to launch a spaceship at the very end, would be tempted to take that victory condition out as it doesnt really fit the time period.

Yeah, Israel has nukes, tanks, paratroopers, transport, and a sub I believe. Working on Kuwaiti Towers right now. Was everybody still randomly declaring war and offering vassalage?

My ending point total was Iran 4160 Iraq 3782, I was edged out last 10 turns after being close:cry:

I think they were ahead several future techs which helped them as my population was about the same. I took some Syrian cities late trying to catch up. The smaller civs probaly need a few extra free units to help them compete as Syria was pretty weak. Extra maching gun units on the borders at start should help.

Will try a game of the new version starting tonite, Iran would be an easy win as the seem to finish high in the points so I dont see them as one I would play. Israel would be fun to try, Do they have extra tanks/? missiles to start?

Russia actually was able to launch a spaceship at the very end, would be tempted to take that victory condition out as it doesnt really fit the time period.

Top Bottom