Iran Iraq War Mod+Scenario

Im about to finish my 2nd game with Turkey and I doing better but behind both Iran and Iraq by 200-300 pts and Iraq launched a spaceship w/ about 30 turns left. I pushed into Iran all the way to Qum andd Arak but Iran is huge and seems to bust out the points in the end game. I really like the challenge of trying to take over Iran and plan to try it again.

I'm glad to hear it is enjoyable. It'll be more fun when I get all these buildings done. Working on Saddam's Presidential Palace, but...whew...is it big! Tons of textures. LOL, yeah took out the spaceships for the new version.:lol:

Taking out spaceship victory :goodjob: on that. Yeah Im sure that artwork is a pain in the butt. I would love a slightly longer version, maybe a 110-120 turn version though part of the fun is trying to win in just 95 turns.

I too am having the same problem. I can load the mod, but cannot find the scenario or the map. I can create a custom game and see some of the info, but not all of it. I can see the pics of the leaders, but the custom units are pink squares. I use civ4 through steam, running on Vista 32-bit and I used winrar to extract it. I would really like to play, and I've spent a couple of hours trying to get it to work, but I cannot. I've tried the other suggestions and they don't work either. I can play other mods just fine, just not this one.

I too am having the same problem. I can load the mod, but cannot find the scenario or the map. I can create a custom game and see some of the info, but not all of it. I can see the pics of the leaders, but the custom units are pink squares. I use civ4 through steam, running on Vista 32-bit and I used winrar to extract it. I would really like to play, and I've spent a couple of hours trying to get it to work, but I cannot. I've tried the other suggestions and they don't work either. I can play other mods just fine, just not this one.

Let me download it and see how it works.

Well I redownloaded it. Extracted it to a Iran_Iraq_War Folder. Put it in my Mods folder of BTS. Loaded the mod, picked the scenerio by clicking on 'play a scenerio' and saw no pink units of any kind. I used Civ complete to create the mod. I would make sure the Mod folder (Iran Iraq War open then to the assets folder). The map in in the public map folder. Double clicking it starts the scenerio as well. It is only for Beyond the Sword. Are you using warlords or regular Civ 4? are you updated to BTS 3.19?

ANybody else have any suggestions for these problems? Dreadknought? I'd hate for not everybody to play the MOD.

Yes, I'm using BTS 3.19. I put the files in the right place AFAIK. Like I said, I can load this mod (and others) just fine, I just can't find the map or the scenario. Double-clicking on the map file just loads up standard BTS 3.19, not the Iran-Iraq mod. I just thought of something though, I think it didn't recognize the file, I had to tell it to use BTS to open the map file and when it did it was just standard BTS, no mod. Or I wonder if the problem lies with steam somehow. Do other people having the same problem use steam for civ4 as well? I'll fool around with it some more tonight.

Edited: Update: I've loaded every mod I have (17) including this one and it's the only one that doesn't work. I load up BTS, go to the load mod command through advanced, and I load Iran-Iraq. When it comes up, it's the standard BTS screen with the white letters Iran_Iraq Mod in the upper right hand corner. But it runs like standard BTS, with all the custom maps and scenarios except for Iran-Iraq. In the other mods there's only the mod specifc map that's playable. I can start a custom game with another map and be Saddam Hussein or any other leader from the mod and the custom units are pink, so the info is there, but something is wrong somewhere. I don't think there is anything I can do to make it playable on my end.

Sounds weird about the nonrecognition of the file. It should be colored like a BTS worldbuilder file. It might very well be a steam problem or something. My civ version is from a DVD (civ complete). PInk units means it is not finding the artwork for some reason because the path is different. I would make sure the folder it is in is "Iran_Iraq_War". Also try putting the worldbuilder save in the My Game/Bts/Saves/Worldbuilder or My Game/Bts/PublicMaps folders (I forget which one has the worldbuilder scenerios in it)

Saddam's palace is now done. That took some time!

Attachments

• SaddamPalace.jpg
    SaddamPalace.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 226
Won a pts victory with Russia last nite on monarch level. I ended with 3733 pts, 24.2% of the pop. and 26.5% of land area.

Turkey had 3371 pts, Iraq 3196, Iran 3105. I pushed into Iran as far as Esfahan by the end and captured approx. 24 Iranian cities. They even conceded the southern city of Bampur to stop the war near the end.

Russia has a couple important advantages to start the game, they have troops you can bring up from Afgan. to help and they have a good tech start and the Gulag building is a key build in the Russian cities to get them producing, love that buiding.

Fun game will probaly try Iraq/Turkey again this summer. Timewise game seemed to play out well. Ai doesnt seem to use its long range missiles, Iran had several and they never fired them.

I tried a game as the Palestinians on Prince (come on they don't have any cities!). Went quite well, conquered Jordan as a base then built up enough T-55s to conquer Israel. Only problem was, as I took them over they vassalised to Turkey, then the turn I finally destroyed Israel 8 Turkish Modern Armours turned up and crushed me. Felt sorry for the palestinians, maybe you could give them some settlers at the beginning to represent refugees?

However Turkey did destroy a fishing boat with a long-range missile.

Thanks for the comments. Thought I fixed all the vassalge problems. I wanted to give the palestenians cities, but I looked and all their refugee camps are in arab cities. Any suggestions? My one fear with giving the palestenians settlers is that the AI will create cities within the gaps of the other countries. What do you think?

Shrine of the Book National Wonder is done.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 152
Actually I thought the vassalisation was only a problem for me, not the mod. I had captured and razed a few cities so Israel was quite clever to look to Turkey for help, they even became Sunni :lol:. It just annoyed me all my hard work was undone.

In my personal opinion it could be quite realistic with Palestine cities squeezed in around Lebanon, Jordan and Syria, representing refugee camps/cities. Or you could strike out on your own and found a new palestinian state out of Israel's reach. Maybe Israel and the Palestinians should start at war though, I actually had open borders with them while we were both conquering Jordan.

I played another game, this time as Israel. I was a bit disapointed by the static AI, no-one conquered a city in the first 50 turns. However they were all very aggressive towards me, I had to deal with Iraqi, Syrian and Kuwaiti! stacks appearing at my borders at the most inopportune moments. I don't know why they didn't direct this aggression at each other.

This one looks good! I have to give it a go.

Top Bottom