1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Iron and Blood - Game Thread

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by Tee Kay, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Tee Kay

Tee Kay Challenge accepted

It's a mystery!

2. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

Can a country use both army upgrades at the same time? The way I see the chart on the front page is that we still have napoleonic armies, but rather there are new weapons/tactics being added onto the napoleonic base. Therefore, I assume we can get both revolvers and Limey warfare correct? Also, can a country buy the upgrade, and then gift it to another?

Also, since Lighthearter has quit, can Hawaii go blank? I would like to claim it, pending approval from the still playing members of the treaty of Manila.

3. Ceoladir

Ceoladir Inconceivable!

France should have 8 factories, and do I gain anything from Milan?

4. Double A

Double A WAAAH

You can have both I believe. I doubt you can buy them for other people because you can't give armies, but there's nothing stopping you from just giving someone 4 IC.

Hawaii has 5 cities dude. That's a lot of cities for one province. What's more, you're at war. Is now really the best time to be thinking about colonies?

5. MaxaTheGreat

MaxaTheGreat Feel Prussian Iron!

Empire of Texas
    4 IC into Stability
    2 IC into a factory

6. Midnight-Blue766

Midnight-Blue766 A Gentlecolt and a Bard

NEWS FLASH:

The Shah, Mizra Akbar, has peacefully died in his sleep in 1215 AH (1837). His son, Bahadur Shah II, has dedicated himself to peacefully spreading Urdu culture around the world. However, his generals are rather worried that he would not assert Mughal military power in South Asia, particularly after the recent aquisition of Ceylon by the French Quebecois...

4 ICs to Madras and 3 to Cultural Influence.

Also,

Dear head honcho in Quebec,
    Please relinquish your claims to Ceylon. It's just not cool.

Signed,

The Mughal foreign minister.

7. NedimNapoleon

NedimNapoleon Weird Little Human

Our great Sultan ask the Shahs son when is the Janazah (Funereal), since the Sultan is in Turkey, If Afghanistan allows him safe passage he may have time to attend the Janazah, and will he be invited

8. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

Um I hate to break this to you India, but germany claims Madras, and Britain had claimed ceylon. We let Quebec have it instead however, and we back them in their claim to it.

AA- I am in war. And Hawaii has 5 cities. So? I said I would claim it, not that I would get it this turn. Obviously it would be a few turns before I could take it. Just because a country is at war, does not mean it can neglect other things, even if its actions regarding those things are somewhat limited. Plus many home territories have 5 cities. I fail to see your point.

9. momo1000

momo1000 Chieftain

Nation name: Gran Colombia
    Flag: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0c/Bandera_de_la_Gran_Colombia_1819.svg
    Color: well all the colors i wanted were taken so purple i guess
    Capital: Colombia and the capitol city is Bogotá
    Description: The republic was created after a victory against Spanish rulers by Simon Bolivar. It encompassed the land of the Spanish colony of New Grenada. The Congress of Angostura appointed Simon Bolívar president. Under the Constitution of Cúcuta, the country was divided into twelve departments governed by an intendant. Departments were further divided into thirty-six provinces headed by a governor, who had overlapping powers with the intendants. Military affairs at the department level were overseen by a commandant general, who could also be the intendant. All three offices were appointed by the central government. The central government, which was to reside in Bogotá, consisted of a presidency, a bicameral congress and a high court (the Alta Corte). The president was the head of the executive branch of both the central and local governments. The president could be granted extraordinary powers in military fronts, such as the area that became Ecuador. The vice-president assumed the presidency in case of the absence, death, demotion, or illness of the president.

Claims: Colombia (capitol), Panama (bottom of Central America), and maybe the Caribbean or Guiana.

10. civplayah

civplayah fronter

Horn of Africa

2 IC into both Chad and Nigeria.
    1 IC into science.

11. NedimNapoleon

Civplayah remember the African Agreement, I get Libya

12. civplayah

civplayah fronter

I speak for the African Union when I say that my claims are valid.

13. GhostWriter16

GhostWriter16 Chieftain

Spend 6 IPs on Korean Factories.

Spend 3 IPs Bribing Indochina.

14. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

Japan this is just a simple question: Do you WANT to go to war? Because i am sure that if you follow through with this, AA is going to attack you.

Civplayah that was not part of the agreement that the AFRICAN UNION publicly announced. Bosnia gets Libya. Maybe this is just a misunderstanding, but if an african nation is just going to be allowed to violate the said treaty that the union announced, then my confidence and respect in the AU will be severely shaken.

15. NedimNapoleon

From the African Union

16. Double A

Double A WAAAH

Siam sees the recent action of Japan as incredibly hostile. Back off. Now.

That's exactly my point, though. It's like you're gaining another home territory. I have nothing against you gaining a province in Oceania since Hawaii has imploded, but Hawaii itself is kind of a strech. Also I doubt the AozA (America Oz Alliance, no longer Asia since they unjustly booted me) will like it.

17. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

It would be more like half a home territory, as TK will probably take away 2-3 factories. I dont see it as that unfair. France is taking Italy, Quebec will most likely take Ontario, and so on. I am not the only one.

However, in light of the recent kicking of Siam from the america alliance, Britain would like to offer Siam a DP limited to the area stretching from the eastern coast of africa, to the entirety of the Pacific. That way you are not involved in anything in Europe or Africa, but we can defend each other in the Pacific and in Asia. Deal?

18. Double A

Double A WAAAH

You make a decent point about Hawaii. I don't think cities matter as much as factories at this stage of the game. Deal.

19. Sonereal

Sonereal Call Me Ish Supporter

I made a Chatango chat for Iron and Blood. Should be useful for things like live negotiations, or just chatting to reduce any spam that might arise in this thread.

http://ibiot.chatango.com/

20. ZeletDude

ZeletDude The Lion

Oh that should be interesting. .:lol: