Iron and Blood - Game Thread

See, Droopy. Your former American allies operate on the "guilty until proven innocent" mode of operation. Don't worry, as soon as my guys log on (and tell me which time zone the guy taking the SCs is really in), I'll post another screenie.

Where did I get pulled into this? And what do you mean former? I'm still in the alliance.

Tailless- I invested in two factories in New England last turn and they are not showing up on the map. Also, there is no indicator for the number of factories in the Great Lakes. I wanna wait to post orders 'til I'm sure I know how many IC's I have available.

Kingdom of Swaziland Orders:

Regarding the resistance in Sahel, we can not let it stand, so Option 1 it is:
1) This can’t go on – Lose 2 IC this turn, Gain 1 stability, 50% chance of revolt in the Sahel.

Remaining IC:

- 1 IC to Zambia
- 1 IC to Madagascar
- 3 IC to Sahel

Well, you did claim in the mos- claimed areas... kind of your fault, really.

And didn't really endear yourself to anybody either...

Yeah, you were kind of like "THESE PLACES MINE. ME SQUISH ANYONE GET IN WAY."

GM Comments:

Known mistakes in the update:

- Siam should have 7 IC and at full stability.
- France should have 6 IC to spend (base 8)

Can a country use both army upgrades at the same time? The way I see the chart on the front page is that we still have napoleonic armies, but rather there are new weapons/tactics being added onto the napoleonic base. Therefore, I assume we can get both revolvers and Limey warfare correct? Also, can a country buy the upgrade, and then gift it to another?

Yes, you can buy both upgrades. Can't gift the upgrade though (just gift them the IC).

Also, since Lighthearter has quit, can Hawaii go blank? I would like to claim it, pending approval from the still playing members of the treaty of Manila.

I must've missed it. Hawaii will go blank in the next update.

France should have 8 factories, and do I gain anything from Milan?

See above. And no you didn't get anything from Milan.

4 ICs to Madras and 3 to Cultural Influence.

You don't spend money on cultural influence.

why is rasism a tag on this thread?

It's a meme.

Tailless- I invested in two factories in New England last turn and they are not showing up on the map. Also, there is no indicator for the number of factories in the Great Lakes. I wanna wait to post orders 'til I'm sure I know how many IC's I have available.

You don't control the whole province, so the two factories are in Dixie instead.

The Great Lakes doesn't have any factories.

Quiting. When no one will allow you to expand anywhere, and your allies will backstab you for trying to be assertive, the game no longer becomes fun.

I'll still run the battles though, and whatever's left after France and Bosnia's done with them will be disbanded.

Siam sees the recent action of Japan as incredibly hostile. Back off. Now.

If Indochina is essential to your nation, we're willing to work with you. That said, we would like a territory in South Asia. How would you feel about Japan claiming in Indonesia instead?

Note to GM: Our orders are subject to change in the light of negotiations, depending on how they go.

French Orders:

Spend 4 IC's on supplies.

Build 1 more army.

Continue with the main plan for the invasion of Italy
Use the Navy and the new army to invade Sicily.

If I control all of Romes cities, does it matter if I take Sardinia?

That's a bit of a derp question...

If Indochina is essential to your nation, we're willing to work with you. That said, we would like a territory in South Asia. How would you feel about Japan claiming in Indonesia instead?

Note to GM: Our orders are subject to change in the light of negotiations, depending on how they go.

And I'd like to have a billion science points every turn. :rolleyes:

Siam was under foreign threat. It was a fairly weak industrial power. It had been expelled from an alliance of nations under preposterous reasoning. It was not in a good position, but despite all its grievances, the culture of the people was a beacon of strength. Buddhist monks were writing astounding scholarly articles enjoyed all over Asia, some even in Europe. Chefs were rediscovering ancient recipes, creating delicacies that men would pay the food's weight in gold to enjoy. Artists were combining Thai techniques with new European ones, creating masterpieces the likes the world had never seen.

The people weren't only happy, they were ecstatic. The country was completely stable, any rebels had long come back to the way of life they had once enjoyed. The only complaints were from the warmongerers, and they were not audible most times due to the music and festivities. The king himself was seen to be often laughing, something he had not done since the Americans had kicked out his diplomats. And with the king and people happy, there was nothing stopping this great culture from exploding across all of Southeast Asia. Many in other lands would even welcome the happiness and peace the Siamese would bring, and King Rama would do his best to see both their wishes and his own people's carried out.

Dommy, did you see the diplomacy group thread?

@Siam

We congratulate our cultured neighbor in Asia.

9% of world culture.

It's good to be the king.

How would you feel about Japan claiming in Indonesia instead?

Australia controls Indonesia.

If I control all of Romes cities, does it matter if I take Sardinia?

You don't need to specifically state that you want to take Sardinia, if that's what you're asking. If you occupy the whole province you'd also take Sardinia.

Get out of Indochina. Full stop.

If you will read my posts, I said I was willing to leave, I just wanted a base in the area. I'm just waiting for Double A to respond to me so we can work out a suitable territory. I offered Indonesia. If he responds Affirmatively, I'll pull out immediately. If not, we'll keep negotiating. Why is this your business anyhow?

Top Bottom