Is Civilization VI SP for the INFP "Dreamer"?

Someone who likes horoscopes could literally take your sentence, swap "horoscope" and "Myers-Briggs" around, and it'd work for them :p

Personally, I think games are made for a range of people. As in, each particular game by itself appeals to a range of people (not that all games in general do, because that's kinda an obvious truism, haha). Personal preference might be informed by some kind of underlying personality, but this also changes over time, and reflects both external and internal pressures (nature as well as nurture).

I liked RTS games a lot more ten years ago than I do now, for example (the same games, specifically). I think I actually like Civ. more, but specifically also the newer iterations and how they've evolved (and kept pace with my changing tastes when it comes to video games).

INFJ--I tried CK2. Pass. :p

No, enneagram is complete pseudoscience. :p If you expect a personality test to tell you who you are or what you should do or who you should click with or if you try to read it like a horoscope, then yes, it's nonsense, but as a method of classifying personalities I think it has its value. Myers-Briggs is at least nuanced, unlike the aforementioned enneagram (the popularity of which leaves me baffled--you'll get more specific answers from a fortune cookie :p ).

Most versions of the M-B test I've taken measure you on ranges from -20 to 20. I think that if you are between -15 to -20 or 15 to 20, then it's a fairly accurate assessment of your personality. But if you are closer to 0 in any direction, then the results cannot be trusted.

For me, INTP is a dead-on assessment. I'm close to the extremes on all four scales.

Most versions of the M-B test I've taken measure you on ranges from -20 to 20. I think that if you are between -15 to -20 or 15 to 20, then it's a fairly accurate assessment of your personality. But if you are closer to 0 in any direction, then the results cannot be trusted.

For me, INTP is a dead-on assessment. I'm close to the extremes on all four scales.
The test I took was similar. I was pretty extreme on the INF part but was more borderline on J vs. P, all of which made sense to me.

Almost everyone posting here is INT.

Nearly everywhere I encounter a discussion about Myers-Briggs on the internet, that is the case. I suspect INT people are drawn to discussions on forums and other similar sites. Probably something to do with engaging in discourse while behind the comforting masque of anonymity.

I attend a Myers-Briggs discussion group about a third of those that go are ENFP, we gave a few INFP and only 1 S (who is the spouse of an ENFP).

I'm ENFP. and the only game I play is Civ, when I'm not out clubbing or live gigs.

And here I am, an INTP, who has never been clubbing.

I attend a Myers-Briggs discussion group about a third of those that go are ENFP, we gave a few INFP and only 1 S (who is the spouse of an ENFP).

Interesting that the discussion group is almost exclusively made up of diplomats.

Proudly announcing INFP here: Never played any of the other games in the list but Civilization (2, BE and now 6). BTW they provided a really bad screenshot of Civ6.

The naming "dreamer" is appropriate, although IRL I prefer the naming at 16personalities.com, where it stands for "Mediator". I enjoy Civ for the fantasy of building and interacting, mostly. Micro and efficiency play a minor role in my plays.

I'm usually circling around the ISFJ/ESFJ/ISFP/ESFP cloud, so I suppose I'll be playing EU4? :p

Wow kinda shocked by the amount of INTPs here, me too. Funny tho I really don't like space themed games (why my 4x collection is rather low) so I don't have much interest in Stellaris. Theme is pretty important to me.

Have never really taken MBTI things seriously because I get a different result every time I take one of those thingies.

But I like a lot of strategy games though, so I guess that makes sense too.

INTJ. The recommendation was a good one in general, though I haven't purchased IV yet (played II and III) due to Paradox's ridiculous DLC model. Grand Strategy wargames, especially ones that factor in logistics, are some of my favorite games.

Last edited:
After reading , all I can say is that I'm pretty suspicious this classification has any more value than pass a couple of minutes (kinda like the horoscope where you read it like 'what if it could be true' even tho all science tells you how wrong it is... and then you come back to reality)

While I'm not quite fully sold on Myers-Briggs, I apparently rate as an INFP.

Which may help explain why I've put more hours into Civ 6 than the rest of the games mentioned there combined.

Top Bottom