1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Firaxis likely working on a project now?

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by RedRalph, Jan 27, 2009.

1. RedRalph

RedRalph Deity

I wish they would make somethign centred around the cold war, a strategy game like. Far too few of those around

2. ExtraCrispy

ExtraCrispy Warlord

A Part of the UK Where Brits Behave Like Swedes
    What I'd really like to see is another remake of Pirates!

3. Skallagrimson

Skallagrimson Deity

Or just a KING RPG. Civ-like in macrostrategy but also all of the court intrigue, and "benefits" of being king that you don't get in Civ today.

4. eduhum

eduhum Aahh the gold old days...

:mischief:In an interview when REV was launched to Sid in ELMUNDO(Spain)Sid said that they were working on a very big thing…

5. toft

toft King

And I guess he refered to Colonization :rolleyes:

6. eduhum

eduhum Aahh the gold old days...

No, no, I am saying that they are doing a VERY BIG thing…:scan::scan::cooool:

7. _random_

_random_ Jewel Runner

I've got my fingers crossed, and until then, I'm gonna bump my Relics thread until it gets noticed.

8. exhile

exhile Prince

Does anyone on this forum remember how Civilization 4 was first announced before being released? I assume Fraxis is going the same route for Civilization 5 except for the wrong CD labellings and thorough testing on minimum requirements.

Civilization is like Starcraft or Warcraft where you can't port it over to a gaming console. CivRev was unfortunate.

9. Onionsoilder

Onionsoilder Reaver

I would like to see some RTS-type game(though based more on strategy and less on micormanagement like most RTS) from Sid based in the middle ages. A castle-builder would be cool.

10. rysmiel

rysmiel Emperor

Oh, I'm kind of hoping there'll be a PC port of CivRev, so that there'll be something to point to for people who want a Civ game to be quick, straightforward, playable in an evening, and ugly cartoonish graphics, and not need you to bother with micromanagement; so that those of us who want a long deep game with lots and lots of content that supports playable fun games lasting hundreds of hours can have a Civ V more adapted to that niche.

11. Obrien Xp

Obrien Xp Chieftain

12. tour86rocker

tour86rocker Warlord

Someone at that link commented that they wanted a Pirates sequel. Sequel? What time period would it cover? Perhaps they want a modern day pirating sim where african pirates board little motorboats and chase cruise ships!

But then I thought: a SPACE pirates game could be fun.

If anyone wants to vote for fun on a new Firaxis project, check out the link that's currently in my sig or this thread here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=307468

That third party voting website is currently in working order. Please limit any discussion to the other thread.