Isabella No Cottages Emperor

Yes, Currency is very important in no cottages, but I think we should go mettalocasting and trade for currency.
Mettalocasting will give as shot for Colosys, I think it has not been build yet.

Agree on Metal Casting. I find the AI is usually slow to research it and it should be tradeable for Currency. If we can capture London before we get Metal Casting, we may even be able to build the Colossus.

The other thing to watch out for is that in 2 turns we get our first GP. If it's a scientist we can lightbulb Philosophy. We should be able to trade Philosophy for any tech the AI has and is willing to trade.

{Heh. Wrote the post, then checked to save to see if Taoism had been founded yet. Ended up cross-posting with Mutineer.}

save

Pre-Turn
337 turns left? how did we end up with that weird number? play to 325 I think.
changed research to metal, we got a Great Prophet :( which can only get us poly, thus used it to get a shrine

then suddenly this happens

he appears next to Munich with sword and HA, thus need to whip a spear

decide it's time for a temporary peace deal with Lizzy, no choice as I can see nice LB's to fight. get polytheism and 80 gold from her
get open borders with her, else our troops would be stuck in London

lose spear at 76%, defeat HA with axe, but Munich has no defense
lose axe and city, defend in the jungle against 2 LB's with a sword

Munich is defended by 7 units all of a sudden, this looks bad :mad:

stop here since it's 330 turns left. we will get metal in 3 but Mansa has it already
our troops are just outside Munich, but might not be enough for sure

sorry for such a bad turnset....

Bummer. I was just going to propose we try to convert Alex to one of our religions and sic his troops on Mansa. Looks like we can take Munich back with a little patience, hopefully Alex isn't going to keep piling troops in there. We can only see one other of his cities so maybe we get a little lucky and his other troops can't get to the front before we retake Munich and possibly that ex-barb city.

This is a holiday weekend in the U.S. and I'm travelling. Skip me for this round as I can't guarantee I'll be available again before Wednesday.

We get another GP in 9 turns, maybe we can get a decent tech out of it. Taoism has already been founded but Philosophy still makes good trading material.

To be true I do notundestand how did we manage to loose this city?
he declared, was expected after scouting group.
Whipe spear - correct action
Attack chariot?????? His group was clearly on pilaging mission, let him pillage whi whipping/brinnning reinforsments.

Now we are in serious trouble.
WE probbaly lost chance to finish liz befor she get LB, and with out this we will loose Berlin and stick to few cities.
Power of farms is power of production! how could we loose the city????

Ok attack chariot, lose, attack with axe..... did you attack across the river?? Otherwize axe would make back, would it not?
Why not whipe archer for 1 pop? I see city in size3, menaing it was cise 4 when was taken.

To be true I do notundestand how did we manage to loose this city?
Well, maybe I wasn't clear enough.

When Grrce declared on us, we had every city with 1 defender while the main force was near Lizzy, but no match to take out London with 9 defenders inside and 60% culture defense.
Thus, I immediately signed pace, all troops teleported to Berlin, got open borders and sent them to Munich.
Munich had 1 axe and I whipped a spear. Pillaging mission? What are you talking about? Alex came with a sword and HA, lost the sword to our axe and pillaged the irrigated flood plains. Then 5 more units appeared on the horizon, 2 HA and a mix of units IIRC. The whipped spear had odds of 76% and it would have been nice to take out the HA to promote the spear before those 5 units showed up. I lost the spear, attacked with axe and won, of course I was able to retreat to Munich, but 1 axe versus 5 units ain't that hot.

In the east I promoted 1 sword to jungle defense and it held off 2 LB's not too shoddy. So, I guess battle experience and my fighting skills didn't really suck this time, but 1 vs 5 won't work

double post

Yes, sword in Jungle was a greate move, but I still think it was posibble to produce a unit each turn after declaration in treated city.
Whiping spear at 0 shield create 25 shield overflow, enoght for archer to be produced next turn.

Moot point now. I think our cource of action is to whipe a strong army to take city back and may be take jungle ex barbarian city, make peace and finsih lizzy.

Why are we producing courthouse?

lurking here

Looked at your last save and wonder "what army". I notice with a lot of SG's defending with one seems to be a trend but I am "anal" about that and in my SP always have at least two and more if Alex/Monty is near by.

I think the challenge here is to enjoy it as a game and rise from the ashes. That Berlin too will be Lizzy's soon and I think from what I read that is why you went after her which would be my inclination as well. Either raze it or get the culture influence out of the way. Even with LB's you can still take her with lots and lots of those wonderful kitties..

I hope you don't mind some witty comments..........Mutineer relax dude it's just a game......

(it is very strange how Berlin/London are so close never seen that before)

lurkers to other lurker

Cosmichail said:
(it is very strange how Berlin/London are so close never seen that before)

I once settled my capital one plot from anothers capital, but in newest patch that's not possible anymore...

In this case, our army was attacking. However, in SP games against the AI, I still go with minimal defence by preference. With how fast the AI upgrades its units on the highest levels, the cost of maintaining an up-to-date defensive army should never be underestimated.

I am actually surprised Alex decided to attack us instead of Elizabeth, he usually picks on the weakest player.

Well,
By the look of it Acid is on in 3 SG and was not head of for 3 days.

T_McC, please,
Take it if you can.
I prefure to make it going.

375 AD (0)
Whip a Sword, will let the other couple of units finish naturally. Unless Alex piles a few more units into Munich we should get an honest strike at it in 4 turns. Try to hold off attacks on any other cities until then.

400 AD (1)
Win vs. an HA on the IT, but still 7 units in Munich. Start to build a few Archers to replace Swords on city defense.

425 AD (2)
Biz plants a city SE of Munich. Saves us a settler later. Alex has an LB wandering around, I've promoted that Sword to Woodsman II and have started to looking around a bit ourselves.

450 AD (3)
Metal Casting in, set us for Feudalism? Mansa doesn't have it and so it should be good trade material. We should get a Great Scientist next to Philosophy.

Also break off a task force to capture the Greek city they took from the Barbs.

500 AD (5)
At a net loss of 3 units, we retake Munich. Unfortunately, Alex wasn't keeping his money there. :( We probably could have saved a unit if I wasn't saving promotions. We lost a Sword that could have taken two promotions.

520 AD (6)
Get a Gems for Wheat trade with Mansa. A couple of turns ago Liz wanted Dyes for Clams, but I turned her down from fear that the Greeks would send the HAs out of Munich and pillage the tiles. Didn't happen and the deal is no longer there.

580 AD (9)
Our 2nd Great Person is another Prophet. :rolleyes: I send him to York to build the Jewish Shrine and pop the borders a bit. If we trade for Monotheism we might get a useful tech instead. Open for discussion since the prophet won't arrive until after my round.

Also capture Alemanni, and there are no more visible Greek cities. We get enough money for another 4 turns of research into Feudalism. Caesar just got Currency so I sell him Fish for 4 gpt. Every little bit helps, the next player can re-negotiate for more when Caesar gets more.

A Missionary is built and sent to Berlin. Might as well try to pop the borders.

600 AD (10)
And then it ends, with Alex losing a Chariot to our Spear.

The Greeks still won't talk, but as soon as they will I would make peace since we don't even know where we'd be trying to attack next. Peace with the Greeks frees up our forces to finish off the Germans and further promote to re-visit the English situation. I said Essen saves us a settler, but it really isn't in a good location. I put a dot in the picture where I think it should move.

Did not try to do anything with moving our Capital. Hamburg had unhappy faces for most of the round due to whips and its garrison being pulled to re-take Munich, but I think it is good to start on the Palace real soon. If we do this, build a Courthouse in Madrid as well.

It's a bit painful, but we may want to switch off of Feudalism. Mansa doesn't have it yet but will probably get it from Alex eventually. Maybe we can get it in the Peace deal and beat him to the trade.

Attachments

• Mutineer NC2 AD-0600.zip
    163.1 KB · Views: 320
Well, loaded save.
Why we are researching Pheodalism? AI allways priorities it, we will never be able to sell it for anything.
Eny other tech was better then pheodalism.
But 50% allready researched, have no choise but continue.

However switched to Monotheism, as only 3 turns and will give as immidiate benefits.
Whiped one Forge in order to build colosys.

No trades avalible.
Press enter. Berlin flip to Englans as expected.
Peace with Alex for some change. Declare on bismark, as Army near and his cities contain Gold.

When Monotheism was researched switched to orgonised religion and whiped a lot of infrastructure. Continue with pheodalism.

Kill bismark.

We in incredible dificult position.

Useally we will be fine, as we allredy second biggest, but with out cittage spawn we can not jump in tech as we would useally.

I feel we need to take on Lis, even now she has LB.
We need currency as water, but we can not trade for it.
we do need to put LB in our border cities so alex and romans do not have any ideas.

Attachments

• NC2 technology0000.JPG
    NC2 technology0000.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 597
Top Bottom