Isabelle SE Monarch

Ayrton Senna

Chieftain
I have played Huyana Capac for a while. A lot of cottages and wonderspam. Really fine civ to play with.

Now i switched to the beloved Isabelle of Spain.

I tried the next strategie, but in the medieval age i fall behind in tech.

After founding the first city, i discover buddhism. Than some stuff for growing my cities. Than found the oracle and choose code of laws. Boom 2nd religion. In my capital i psuh the priests to gain Great Propheths. The first for Theology--> 3rd religion and the second for my first shrine.

I start to gain cash from the shrine (spreading religion) and things start rolling. But every game, there comes a prick, starting to trash me. sometimes because of my religion, sometimes just for fun...
Every game again. Shaka, Napoleon, Ragnar. Bah.

And most of the time i do not control the sea, because i dont have the techs.

Than i really start to fall behind and the possibility of winning is over.

I put aView attachment marvin AD-1340SE hopeless.CivWarlordsSave save game as attachement.

Tips and trics are more than welkom.

Tnx
Ayrton Senna

Ayrton, you're in the wrong forum. This is for articles discussing certain topics of the game. Let me take a look at your save...

Oh. You've got Warlords. I don't have that. I have BTS. I don't know how to open your file. Sorry.

After founding the first city, i discover buddhism. Than some stuff for growing my cities. Than found the oracle and choose code of laws. Boom 2nd religion. In my capital i psuh the priests to gain Great Propheths. The first for Theology--> 3rd religion and the second for my first shrine.

I start to gain cash from the shrine (spreading religion) and things start rolling. But every game, there comes a prick, starting to trash me. sometimes because of my religion, sometimes just for fun...
What advantage are you trying to gain from founding these religions? If you spread your state religion to your neighbors and suppressed the other religions you founded, that would be a diplomatic advantage, but I guess you're not doing that. If you're just doing it for shrine income, I really don't think that's worth the cost in great people, tech, and hammers for missionaries.

You don't have to completely change your strategy just because you're playing a different leader, and you don't have to play Isabella the way the AI does. You can still build cottages and wonders (Spiral Minaret is a good one for Isabella because she can build temples for cheap). Isabella is very flexible because of the spiritual trait, so adapt to the map and your opponents. Sure, she is better than average at religion, but you still need to expand, build your economy, and be prepared for war.

I hope that helped, good luck!

Top Bottom