I've trained AI to use fighters against ground units

I don't know how to code but I would love to test this out, so please (someone who do understand) upload a simple mod with this. It is so many months until GS.

Now if only firaxis fixed the bloody AI and managed to get them to use bombers on your land that owuld be neat. In the mean time it will have to be up to modders to fix their game.

In my simple tests vanilla fighters (and modded bombers with the "UNITTYPE_AIR" <AiType> added) do attack your units, but I don't have R&F, is this an issue with the expansion only ?

Personally I use OBS for video capture.

Do you need someone to buy you R&F ?!? Dam your a top modder we need you on board lol

Do you need someone to buy you R&F ?!? Dam your a top modder we need you on board lol
No, thanks for the offer, but I don't need it, not with the current tools, trying to mod the AI blindly with two hands attached in our back.

Same for GS, I'll surely buy it if the map-related additions and Natural Disasters are controllable from mods, else I don't want it, even as a gift. It's more about making a point to 2k/Firaxis than a matter of money.

So it looks like faighter class units were broken with RF expansion.
Hope Firaxis will fix this with the next update and my modifications will not be needed.

I also want to clarify things a little bit:
1) AI use bombers and bombers actually bomb intensively with this mod:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1386554385
2) The problem remains fighter class units (biplanes and fighters) not attacking ground units.
This what I've just recently find how to fix and this thread is about this issue.
There is no problem with bombers, problem is with fighters.
And I am talking Rise&Fall expansion exclusively, not vanilla game.

It would be outrageous if air combat issues (fighter class AI, carriers) is not touched with upcoming update. I just cant imagine this glaring AI holes could be further ignored by devs.
Anyway I will proceed with testing current modifications and will report here about the progress. The problem with testing AI is that it requires a brand new game to be started to take effect. Probably game engine cashes all AI data on creation and ignores further changes.
Btw could anyone suggest me ingame screen capturing software for better video results?

OBS Studio, free and excellent.

@FearSunn I really still do not know a lot about modding but could you add that fix for the AI fighters attack ground units for Civilization VI: Rise and Fall to your mod or a new mod, please? Plus, with it being a mod no need to keep changing a file each time the game is updated or whatever. I'm not even sure what file I would go to, to try and make the change myself.

@FearSunn I really still do not know a lot about modding but could you add that fix for the AI fighters attack ground units for Civilization VI: Rise and Fall to your mod or a new mod, please? Plus, with it being a mod no need to keep changing a file each time the game is updated or whatever. I'm not even sure what file I would go to, to try and make the change myself.
What code you are reffering to? I haven't posted any code yet.

No, thanks for the offer, but I don't need it, not with the current tools, trying to mod the AI blindly with two hands attached in our back.

Same for GS, I'll surely buy it if the map-related additions and Natural Disasters are controllable from mods, else I don't want it, even as a gift. It's more about making a point to 2k/Firaxis than a matter of money.
I now want to cancel my preorder of GS.
Nevermind just did it.Will purchase again if they improve the mod support.

I do not know... I guess I'm just miss reading things. I'm sorry.

only change to units being:
Code:
INSERT OR REPLACE INTO UnitAiInfos
(UnitType, AiType)
SELECT UnitType, 'UNITTYPE_AIR'
FROM UnitAiInfos WHERE AiType ='UNITTYPE_AIR_SIEGE';
else the bomber would not attack.

What code you are reffering to? I haven't posted any code yet.
I think @Bate1999 was asking if you'd update your Airpower AI Fix mod to include the code you used to "fix" the AI's use of fighters to attack ground units. Either that, or if you'd release the code separately so they could mod it themself. :dunno:

Yes, that is kind of what I was asking about.
I could only repeat myself: I am keeping it for my personal use until new expansion at least. Firaxis should fix this, not me.

I could only repeat myself: I am keeping it for my personal use until new expansion at least. Firaxis should fix this, not me.
So you point of addressing this here in public was to say that you have made private mod that fixes a problem. Ok. See you sometimes after Feb 14 then or actually lets hope not (because that would mean that Firaxis actually fixed the problem).

So it looks like faighter class units were broken with RF expansion.
Hope Firaxis will fix this with the next update and my modifications will not be needed.

Hopefully, but who knows if they even know it's a specific issue. Clearly 'fighter units attack ground troops' isn't one of their QA unit tests/check list items if it broke for R&F. I'm sure they are aware of the 'AI doesnt use aircraft' complaints in general but I don't know if they know this is a specific bug.

So you point of addressing this here in public was to say that you have made private mod that fixes a problem. Ok. See you sometimes after Feb 14 then or actually lets hope not (because that would mean that Firaxis actually fixed the problem).
Exactly. I wanted to attract some fanboys attention from canals to something that really needs to be fixed in this game.

Exactly. I wanted to attract some fanboys attention from canals to something that really needs to be fixed in this game.

Here here!!!:beer:

That is exactly what I wanted to achieve when I proposed to Chao to "self-boycott" further development of the original CQUI (which still is the same, by the way, the "keepers" are only maintaining it after every patch, no new features coded in): to send a message to FXS within our very limited means to do so... I "lost" to the "fans", but in the end Chao disappeared and I quickly followed to focus on what really interested me (the lacking vanilla diplo tools).

I wish there were many more with your same vision among us, but... that's why we got what we got in the first place. And now blindly pre-ordering?

Naaa...

Top Bottom