Jam and Cream... which way

In which order should flavouring be added to scones?

• Jam then cream

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Cream then jam

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Just jam

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Just cream

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just plain scones

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Something else... please specify

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

The Great Apple

Big Cheese
In one of my free periods at school, I managed to get into a rather large arguament with a friend about scones... we managed to avoid coming to blows, and we decided that a poll would be the best way of determining who was right... so here we go...

Which way round do jam and cream go on scones?

Apparently it's jam then cream in Cornwall, and cream then jam for Devon. I prefer the Cornish way :D

It's harder to distribute the jame evenly when the cream is on first, so another vote for Cornwall...

I've never seen cream being put on a scone. Here we use butter (plenty of butter) and maybe a light covering of jam.

Oh...this is about the food. I thought it was some lewd sexual reference destined to be banned.

BassDude726 said:
What the heck is a scone?

Foolish American, a scone is kind of...biscuit, lets call it. It's circular, and is usually toasted, slightly crispy on the outside but soft on the inside. I'm surprised you haven't had them before, my mother gets them all the time, and we live in th same state and you live in a city.

I like em plain, dammit! Although I've never put cream on one...

Ohhh... I've seen those at starbucks. Never been intrigued enough to try one. They just kinda looked like normal pastry things to me.

How about bagels... what do you put on bagels? I like cream cheese. Sometimes peanut butter or butter, but usually cream cheese, sometimes with jelly. (and by the way, who says BAY-gle, and who says BAG-le?)

Either English strawberry jam or French cream cheese on American white bread. Never together.

Top Bottom