January 2024 Challenge Robot Revolution DISCUSSION THREAD

There's no beating war and conquest in Civilization.
  • Secure Uranium. (So settle strategically, rather than wide).
  • Slot in Total War and pillage your way to Robotics for GDRs. (Also take the free GDR from Automation Warfare).
  • Supply Convoys will give GDR extra movement.
  • First GDR: Washington -> London.
  • Buy a second GDR: Canberra -> Bogota -> Gyeongju.
  • Moksha (gov) with Healing Hands promotion was useful to heal up armies quickly.
  • Build a navy for home continent and an army of artillery and Mounties for Australia.
  • (Don't forget) Canada: cannot surprise attack, so plan ahead and denounce leaders so by the time your units move they can attack.
I think getting the Deity Alexander scenario achievement might have helped considerably 😁
B'cos it's all about strategic military planning.

EDIT: So you do need to eliminate all civs rather than Domination.
View attachment 683530
I ought to have won here (for Domination) but shoulda known better (as a modder) that that victory wouldn't trigger.
I was 3 cities away from wiping the map. So close. But I'm done.
This is for anyone else wanting to attempt the 0.66%.
Hey nice try. I appreciate you trying at least.

I tried it on Emperor. The first run was a loss. In the second I again wasn't much better in score than America (my biggest rival), thus unreliably winning, so fortunately in the second half of the game it dawned on me that I can create a nuke (eventually I made two) to take away some score from America. Which I did by nuking its capital, capturing it and keeping it from revolting.

I tried it on Emperor. The first run was a loss. In the second I again wasn't much better in score than America (my biggest rival), thus unreliably winning, so fortunately in the second half of the game it dawned on me that I can create a nuke (eventually I made two) to take away some score from America. Which I did by nuking its capital, capturing it and keeping it from revolting.
Apparently GDRs can stand up to nukes.
i.e. they only go to half health.

Did anyone try it?

Finally did this on Emperor !

Score of 944, 19 cities, 8 biplanes....

Took out all reachable barb camp and at least half a dozen GDRs.

Very fast gov plaza+Ancestral Hall then Ottawa pumps out settlers pretty much all the way... As most have said, Encampments first always, then another district at your taste... I often went Aerodrome so I could move my biplanes around more...

Get those 3 Naturalists/rock bands right off the bat and explore with them (and if you're lucky take out a barb camp you've just cleaned up with biplane ;-) )

It's altogether not too hard... didn't have a CLUE about what to do first time around, went for about 15 turns then restarted once I'd gotten the gist...

I have no clue how peeps can go wipe out the other civs though... I met them all, traded my strats for a lot a money I then bought builders with, but conquer all in 100 turns in this setting ? Awesome !

Fun to get back into civ 6 for a turn... they REALLY need to get something going newswise on CIV 7 though...

Enjoy the challenge while it's still active

Top Bottom